Pages:
Author

Topic: Round 15/16 KnC Jupiter, DZ MC. Please move comments and ?s to this thread. Thx. - page 5. (Read 14686 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Thanks for update. It's clear that you guys are working hard to keep the promise for this round.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Payment received, thanks.

With equipment running stable last couple weeks and R17 delay, would it be feasible to keep R15/R16 uninterrupted ? I think the idea of moving to a new facility was motivated by growth. With growth halted for the time being, it may make sense to leave things as they are now. With R17 getting back on track in May, we could look at the state of affairs then, perhaps.

I would like to comment on this as they were planned to ship on Friday, after we found out that BA was going to be delayed and bobsag3 needed to go meet with them in the UK we basically ran out of time to send them and decided to wait instead of rushing it.

A few posts back bobsag3 mentioned that the move would have little effect on any rounds and hashrate that equaled / exceeded original hashrate would be added for a period of time while the move was taking place to ensure no downtime. Unfortunately due to the delay I mentioned previously and a shipment not arriving from FedEx the hashrate couldn't be added.
Payment received, thanks.

With equipment running stable last couple weeks and R17 delay, would it be feasible to keep R15/R16 uninterrupted ? I think the idea of moving to a new facility was motivated by growth. With growth halted for the time being, it may make sense to leave things as they are now. With R17 getting back on track in May, we could look at the state of affairs then, perhaps.
Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
When is the best time to sell this hardware? Undecided

Payment received with thanks.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Thanks for the link.

But as bobsag3 said payment inquires aren't dealt with over the forums and must be dealt with by email
Nobody from Minersource is actually providing any support via email. I made an email enquiry two days ago as Matt had asked. He got my email and wrote me back saying that my enquiry would be forwarded to the head of Minersource support. And nobody answered in two business days regarding my order. How is it supposed to work at all? If wires are checked twise daily then someone should have answered. It looks like nobody cares. But keep in mind that laws are realy strict in the US. We are not playing games. I start my day by checking my account for the status of my order. Every single day for two weeks. It is annoying. It causes moral harm if you want.
Hi Vilgem,

This thread is for the DZMC, unfortunately I cannot do anything about payments including looking into them, unless they are payments made to the DZMC or Cryptmint. I have already responded with my experience in banking and there is no more information that I would be able to provide.
Is there any official Minersource thread on this forum?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minersourcenet-miner-hosting-llc-cheap-and-secure-hosting-and-sales-288012

But as bobsag3 said payment inquires aren't dealt with over the forums and must be dealt with by email
Hi Vilgem,

This thread is for the DZMC, unfortunately I cannot do anything about payments including looking into them, unless they are payments made to the DZMC or Cryptmint. I have already responded with my experience in banking and there is no more information that I would be able to provide.
Is there any official Minersource thread on this forum?
Dear @bobsag3, @thomas_s,

two business days have passed since I wrote a personal message to both of you, sent you an email. I still haven't got ANY response. My order status is still "Balance Due". It seems like NOBODY even tried to do something. Are you kidding me?

Hi Vilgem,

Dear @bobsag3, @thomas_s,

two business days have passed since I wrote a personal message to both of you, sent you an email. I still haven't got ANY response. My order status is still "Balance Due". It seems like NOBODY even tried to do something. Are you kidding me?

Wire transfers get put in a list based on when they clear into the account not when they were sent.
You're right. But what I mean is that the transaction may have been missed by someone who checks the transactions at your company. And in this case it won't be notices without an inquery from my side. Banks are not perfect, of course. But two weeks time interval is a signal to start an investigation. I'm quite sure you should have received my wire a long time ago. The wire may have just been missed when checking. Please check it again (check you inbox - I wrote you a personal message).
I do not respond to anything dealing with wires or payments for orders on the website, I had several people almost try to scam us by that meathod (they were bad, but tried none the less) so I tend to ignore all such requests made on the forums.
May be something is wrong with the way you process incoming bank transactions as many people complain about their wires? By the way I'm not trying to scam you. How am I supposed to scam you if the guy who pays money is me?

As for your emails, please foward the most recent one to matt @ minersource, its very possible it got lost.
I wrote an email to the address you provided with all the details about my wire.

At the bank if it took more than 14 days you could request your bank run a trace on it.
I have already requested my bank. They can only provide me with the proof (SWIFT-document) that my wire transaction has left the bank. A wire transaction may pass several intermediate banks before it reaches the destination bank. But two weeks is enough time to reach the destination in 99.9999% cases. Anyway, I attached a SWITF document to the email I sent. At my bank help desk I was told that the receiver should show this document at his bank help desk and should start an investigation where the money is.

Minersource wires are checked twice a day
I'm quite sure you check NEW transactions only. If a transaction was missed a week ago you will never notice it again. That's why I'm trying to reach your support team. @thomas_s, I sent you a personal message with my order details, please check. Thanks.
Wire transfers get put in a list based on when they clear into the account not when they were sent.

At the bank I saw it often that our bank would say its the fault of the other bank and the other bank would put the blame on the receiving bank...that's how banks work, also united states banks have certain holiday's / cut offs, based on when you said you sent the transfer depending on how long it took to hit the network today or tomorrow would be the 10th business day.
I do not respond to anything dealing with wires or payments for orders on the website, I had several people almost try to scam us by that meathod (they were bad, but tried none the less) so I tend to ignore all such requests made on the forums.
May be something is wrong with the way you process incoming bank transactions as many people complain about their wires? By the way I'm not trying to scam you. How am I supposed to scam you if the guy who pays money is me?

As for your emails, please foward the most recent one to matt @ minersource, its very possible it got lost.
I wrote an email to the address you provided with all the details about my wire.

At the bank if it took more than 14 days you could request your bank run a trace on it.
I have already requested my bank. They can only provide me with the proof (SWIFT-document) that my wire transaction has left the bank. A wire transaction may pass several intermediate banks before it reaches the destination bank. But two weeks is enough time to reach the destination in 99.9999% cases. Anyway, I attached a SWITF document to the email I sent. At my bank help desk I was told that the receiver should show this document at his bank help desk and should start an investigation where the money is.

I'm quite sure you check NEW transactions only. If a transaction was missed a week ago you will never notice it again. That's why I'm trying to reach your support team. @thomas_s, I sent you a personal message with my order details, please check. Thanks.
R15/16 Update: As mentioned earlier in this thread, these Jupiters have been finicky (and still continue to be problematic).

I have been checking them every few hours and whatever you guys doing is working GREAT. Very stable income in the last week.

If the desire for coop to expand, why not start with new orders instead of shutting down that works? Just asking. Certainly appreciate keeping the commitment. I am not sure "refund" is even appropriate since hashing will continue uninterrupted.
If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise.
We all always have important things to deal with. Everyone is busy more or less. But there is such a thing as customer respect. I'd appreciate if a Miner Hosting LLC staff member will give a reasonable explanation. Why we (customers) are looking for excuses for the company? Why can't they make such a statement themselves? Like, "Sorry guys, we are very busy, but we will check all wire transactions we got recently and will let you know the result ASAP."

Anything happening by a wire is absolute night mare to deal with, especially if you have a large amount of transactions.  But I will leave that up to bobsag3 to comment on.
I would be grateful if @bobsag3 or someone from Minersource team will make a comment on this issue.
I've worked in a bank international wires can take up to 10 business days sometimes its quicker bit depending on circumstances it can take the full amount of time.

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
I'm sorry for interrupting your discussion. It looks like Miner Hosting LLC staff is chatting here so I have a public question to ask. Why do you ignore all emails sent to [email protected] address? Why do you ignore personal messages on this forum. I wrote you a dozen of emails asking a question regarding my order at Minersource and got no useful answer. I wrote a personal message to @bobsag3 regarding the order and he just ignored the message. You collect money from people all over the world and provide no support at all. Do you think such approach of doing business is going to work in the long term?

I paid for my order two weeks ago (by wire) and you claim that you haven't got my wire yet. It's impossible as SWIFT transactions usually take 2-3 business days to complete. It's my second order at Minersource. I didn't have such problems with my first order - you got the corresponding wire in several days. Both wires were made by a template - they differ only in order numbers. How it's possible that you still haven't got the wire for my second order? I sent you a SWIFT-document which proofs the wire but you just ignored it. It looks like a scam, guys. You collect money and ignore your customers. Is there any guarantee that you won't disappear once with all the money collected?

Please provide me with the information regarding my order. I'm sure you got the payment, so please update the order information in my account at Minersource site.

As for your emails, please foward the most recent one to matt @ minersource, its very possible it got lost. We have been beyond swampped, and training my new guys (outside thomas) to answer correctly ETC takes time; that seems like a long time in the BTC world but in reality we have been running 18 hr days since Jan 1. We are getting things better and faster, and having these jups shipped to someone who has the time and resources to give them the TLC needed will help reduce our workload, so we can concentrate on the other matters.
If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise.
We all always have important things to deal with. Everyone is busy more or less. But there is such a thing as customer respect. I'd appreciate if a Miner Hosting LLC staff member will give a reasonable explanation. Why we (customers) are looking for excuses for the company? Why can't they make such a statement themselves? Like, "Sorry guys, we are very busy, but we will check all wire transactions we got recently and will let you know the result ASAP."

Anything happening by a wire is absolute night mare to deal with, especially if you have a large amount of transactions.  But I will leave that up to bobsag3 to comment on.
I would be grateful if @bobsag3 or someone from Minersource team will make a comment on this issue.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I will answer the questions I can answer:

Yes exact same terms.  Nothing changes there.
What benefit does the group buy have?  You get me isn't that enough ? Smiley
All joking aside, I believe bobsag3 and Thomas and Dz's business has grown substantially throughout the past couple of months, quicker than any normal business.  With that growth it is hard to maintain status quo.   So they have branched out, they know the miners need more attention than what they can dedicate time too, this is where I come in.  I will be able to monitor them much more closely and do what is required to reboot them, or what is necessary.

Thanks, that is what I had suspected but it's good to hear. Minersource have done a good job for us in general so it's good to know what's happening. You're vetted by DZ and minersource will be providing hashrate to cover the downtime so in theory that's good enough for me. If you can get them working more reliably or let us know kncminer's position on things, then that's an improvement, too.
Activity: 252
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
As someone with 15 shares in the GB:

Thanks for the update. Some questions, if you please:

How does the group buy benefit from the move? - i.e. Why does the fact that we have flaky Jupiters mean that they must be moved from one facility to another? If Thyatis can provide a better reboot-it-when-it-goes-wrong time then I guess that would help, but short of having spare parts I can't see any other good reason. (I do, however, appreciate that we will be reimbursed with hashrate for the downtime so this should be performed at no cost to us.) -- Is it just that minersource want shot of the crappy hardware?

Will Thyatis be providing the hosting on the same terms (i.e. monthly cost, etc.) as minersource?

What response have we had from kncminer about the issues with the miners? I understand that emails were sent, but we've never been informed if there were replies. Is there any way we can get spare parts or replacements for the faulty miners? (I know that miner 4 has been struggling for some time now) - As a partial-owner of the hardware I feel like we've been left out of the loop a bit as to it's fate. On the other hand, spending time gathering consensus when a miner isn't working doesn't help either... But I do feel that from this perspective we've been let down on comms.

As a private customer of minersource

Specifically, @vilgem

I've been hosting antminer S1 with them and so far I've not had any problems. They are sometimes slow to answer emails (2-3 days) and sometimes they do not answer at all if it's a sales enquiry that they are interested in. However, one the one occasion my miner did go down my emails were responded to very quickly and the situation was resolved. In general I would say that they are trustworthy, if difficult to get hold of sometimes.

My impression is that the setup is more side-project-for-people-with-day-jobs-and-not-quite-enough-time than it is a scam. However, if I were in your shoes having wired some money and getting no response then I would be worried as well. If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise. If it's for in-hand mining equipment then you're losing out on difficulty so making some noise is justified. You might want to hassle thomas_s about your problems if bobsag3 hasn't got back to you?
I'm sorry for interrupting your discussion. It looks like Miner Hosting LLC staff is chatting here so I have a public question to ask. Why do you ignore all emails sent to [email protected] address? Why do you ignore personal messages on this forum. I wrote you a dozen of emails asking a question regarding my order at Minersource and got no useful answer. I wrote a personal message to @bobsag3 regarding the order and he just ignored the message. You collect money from people all over the world and provide no support at all. Do you think such approach of doing business is going to work in the long term?

I paid for my order two weeks ago (by wire) and you claim that you haven't got my wire yet. It's impossible as SWIFT transactions usually take 2-3 business days to complete. It's my second order at Minersource. I didn't have such problems with my first order - you got the corresponding wire in several days. Both wires were made by a template - they differ only in order numbers. How it's possible that you still haven't got the wire for my second order? I sent you a SWIFT-document which proofs the wire but you just ignored it. It looks like a scam, guys. You collect money and ignore your customers. Is there any guarantee that you won't disappear once with all the money collected?

Please provide me with the information regarding my order. I'm sure you got the payment, so please update the order information in my account at Minersource site.
Pages:
Jump to: