Pages:
Author

Topic: Round 15/16 KnC Jupiter, DZ MC. Please move comments and ?s to this thread. Thx. - page 10. (Read 14686 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
I guess I don't understand why we were "forced" to move?  What does that mean? Was the original hosting facility day to day, or in someones garage or storage unit? 

It is pretty clear from what Bob posted that the new facility is far from being ready to move in to.  Pretty hard to be moving in when there isn't power, bandwidth isn't installed yet, other parts are missing.  Not very prudent to have everything scheduled for Friday install (power turned on, bandwidth installed, networking installed) and then to move in Friday afternoon.  You are just asking for trouble.

On another note, what kind of bandwidth connection is being installed by Comcast, fiber I presume?  Does Comcast even do fiber? They can barely do coax cable TV where I live! :-)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
1 of the 4 online.  This is just nuts.  I do this for a living and would be fired if I left my clients down like this.  

I understand your thinking here and none of us want any hashrate lower than what was purchased. My take on this is, Minersource was forced into a situation where a panic move was instituted. Now throw bad weather and Comcast not being up to snuff into the mix. Then get sick. I don’t envy Bobsag3 at all at the moment. Don’t think for a moment he doesn’t have to deal with getting this all up and running while being sick as well as having to deal with clients that have personal gear hosted with him slowing the process down. I have gear hosted by Bobsag3 and he has never let me down.

This is a bit painful as I also am a groupbuy participant (not this one) and half the hash-rate of my personal farm is with bobsag3. I guess what I am trying to say is feel your pain but I think we need to give a guy a break here. I am sure if all of the problems (whatever they may be ) were in his control, The whole damn mess would be running just fine. I believe they (Minersource) are doing everything they can and us being upset over it isnt helping. I would venture to say that nobody is more upset than Bobsag3 at the moment. There is nothing wrong with people voicing concern on this thread and people do deserve to be heard from. I am not trying to discount anyone’s feelings here just want to say its not an ideal situation for anyone of us including Bobsag3.

I have not tried to get ahold of Minersource because I believe they know what the problems are and me reaching out and saying WTF, isnt going to help anybody.

If I put myself in Bobsag3’s shoes My stress level would be a whole lot higher trying to make everyone happy than it is now just being a customer.  

Edit-------------And there you have it. While I was typing this and geting 502 errors myself the Man makes a post!

Thanks for the update bobsag3!
Activity: 280
1 of the 4 online.  This is just nuts.  I do this for a living and would be fired if I left my clients down like this. 

Perhaps I can help you out. I would take 2 of your shares at 0.2 each if you wanted to get out.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Updates really quick:

We have now moved from our 2k facility, to a brand new 7k facility.

Reasons for delays in getting hash rate up:
-No power till wednesday, due to storms and holiday
-New facility STILL does not have internet, have been using 4G LTE backup until ISP finishes install
-One of the existing breaker boxes in the facility blew completely the first night, electricians are now replacing and massively upgrading the power and cooling here as I type this
-Delays in parts, the storms + 2 holidays caused ~50% of my parts for setup to be delayed, massively increasing my time needed to get things up and running
- Half of the jupiters stopped working from unplug-repluf in 14 hours later. Every single Antminer I have, as well as the avalons and BF had no problems, but I now have ~8 jupiters to diagnose.

As of now, R15/16_2 and R15/16_4 are running at full speed, with the next 2 being worked on right now.

I am very sorry for all of this lost hash rate, but I have done everything within my limited power to get this stuff up and running ASAP. I still don't have a bed, or internet at my apartment, so even communication has been difficult. I expect to have everything up and running 100% by the end of tomorrow, if not by sunday.

Also if I get one more fucking 502 error while trying to post ill kill something.
Activity: 448
1 of the 4 online.  This is just nuts.  I do this for a living and would be fired if I left my clients down like this. 
Activity: 126
It's possible the readout is wrong.

No, I don't think so. No payments to the pool payout address.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
R9-12 is up at the moment, so hopefully it's a reporting issue instead of something more serious with the network or the miners. I know bobsag3 is also sick, besides dealing with a move in a snowstorm. I reached out to him to alert him.

Mixed blessing this winter.  I'm back into GPU mining (scrypt) and they are loving the cold weather in the basement with a fan blowing cold air in.  People are concerned about their r9's running in the 90s?  Mine don't top 70.  No way AC can top this cooling.  Smiley

Also: from what I understand, anyone that was hashing with the DZ MC and lost hashrate will be compensated for 50% hosting for this month due to downtime from the move.

Good to know.

M
Activity: 364
And having said that, part of the attraction of this GB is the professional hosting and management that we pay for.  It seems like something has gone vastly wrong here and we don't know what or why.

There were some serious setup issues with the Comcast connection. This 500Mbps connection is still not setup. The backup connection may be having an issue. Sad

R9-12 is up at the moment, so hopefully it's a reporting issue instead of something more serious with the network or the miners. I know bobsag3 is also sick, besides dealing with a move in a snowstorm. I reached out to him to alert him.

Also: from what I understand, anyone that was hashing with the DZ MC and lost hashrate will be compensated for 50% hosting for this month due to downtime from the move.
I am pretty sure it's my fault.

I stated three days ago that this GB was too boring and uneventful. Now everybody has to pay for it Cheesy

Sorry people. It now looks like there is plenty of excitement going on. I wish the DZMC speedy recovery and our hashes coming back on line soon.

The good news is that one of the other GBs one worker is hashing, I just checked. This means things are somewhat working at some degree at the new facility.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
And having said that, part of the attraction of this GB is the professional hosting and management that we pay for.  It seems like something has gone vastly wrong here and we don't know what or why.

It's possible the readout is wrong.

M
Activity: 448
And having said that, part of the attraction of this GB is the professional hosting and management that we pay for.  It seems like something has gone vastly wrong here and we don't know what or why.
Activity: 126
There is supposed to be a very bad snow storm in Missouri up to Maine. Bobsag3 hasn't posted since the 31st.

At least r9-12 is still going

I had an email from him (or someone else at minersource) this morning. As others have stated though, I'm sure he's doing everything possible to get our stuff back online asap. I'm also fairly sure he has a day job and may not be able to devote 100% of his time to the coop. I'd like more comms, but I'd like the units back online more, and if time is going to be spent somewhere, I'd rather it were on the latter.

Having said that, I do hope that we get a writeup of what went wrong once the units are back online, or an ETA if the downtime is going to be significantly longer.
sf2
Activity: 273
It's REALLY frustrating, but I am sure the crew is doing ALL they can.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
Worker 1 Hash Rate       0 Gh/s
Worker 2 Hash Rate       0 Gh/s
Worker 3 Hash Rate       0 Gh/s
Worker 4 Hash Rate       0 Gh/s

Whats going on?
Clear answer, PLEASE!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The dividend was sent from which address?
1F8x3DPBcNgdhd6KFABKLgjhsaiubNnUhi?

It would be great to post a little message after each div release because I report them on excel and since i'm in different GB it is hard to know which one is which.

Thanks
I send dividends from this address

148XTAJwjLCyUifimiPfPagzYuCoWikDAA

This was the txid for this round c1c51651e4a82afb396f9c6a976a241b3bf0d39b3903935e9c59365d062fc52e
The dividend was sent from which address?
1F8x3DPBcNgdhd6KFABKLgjhsaiubNnUhi?

It would be great to post a little message after each div release because I report them on excel and since i'm in different GB it is hard to know which one is which.

Thanks
Activity: 170
sf2
Activity: 273
Pages:
Jump to: