Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 63. (Read 387491 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
August 31, 2014, 07:15:43 PM
I just don't get why you start a project because somebody treated you badly?  It doesn't give me confidence in the longterm viability.  

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with the coin they hold.  If you succed they lose money ... of course they'll be mean. Duh  Roll Eyes  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

I think Annonymint said it best with something like "Currency only works because it lets a farmer get services from a doctor, or a doctor get food from a farmer without both of them needing the product/service the other has to offer at the same time"

The sum of the whole is much less when there are multiple competing currencies in the small space.  I'm ready for this anon race to be decided.

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

Great words!

ps: it's Boolberry, not Blueberry!

Sorry - boolberry.  I always see an image of a blueberry with a face and a lopsided smile whenever it's mentioned.  I think it came from vegietales.  Can I ask where the name came from?  And while one the subject where did the Monero name come from?  

Boolberry name came from me. I was thinking that it's good idea to use "boolean" (basic computer data type) as part of the name. But it seems that i was wrong (may be because i'm not native english speaker and can't feel the impression it makes).

Monero name came from tft user, who actually start bitmonero fork, and than lost control. Monero is "coin", "money" in Esperanto language.

Here is the story.

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
August 31, 2014, 07:07:02 PM
I just don't get why you start a project because somebody treated you badly?  It doesn't give me confidence in the longterm viability.  

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with the coin they hold.  If you succed they lose money ... of course they'll be mean. Duh  Roll Eyes  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

I think Annonymint said it best with something like "Currency only works because it lets a farmer get services from a doctor, or a doctor get food from a farmer without both of them needing the product/service the other has to offer at the same time"

The sum of the whole is much less when there are multiple competing currencies in the small space.  I'm ready for this anon race to be decided.

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

Great words!

Sorry - boolberry.  I always see an image of a blueberry with a face and a lopsided smile whenever it's mentioned.  I think it came from vegietales.  Can I ask where the name came from?  And while one the subject where did the Monero name come from?  
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 31, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

I wonder who find that name. It sounds silly.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
August 31, 2014, 07:03:18 PM
BTCD's supposed future Supernet, is stupid. If I'm correct, all it does is grant anonymity to other alt-coins...

But the problem is, Any altcoin can install coinjoin or w/e and call it a day, making "Supernet" obselete..

What I'd like to see is, xmr and bbr and drk working together. BTCD is just a pump and dump with a cheap knockoff name(Bitcoindark really?).
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
August 31, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

Great words!

Activity: 532
August 31, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with their coin around here.  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

And this whole ... you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

He owns a lot of Boolberry and BTCD, thats maybe why Smiley?

http://nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-SQ9J-JCAN-8XVY-5XN7K&c=USD
The above shows in near realtime my personal holdings. I dont check it so often, it is a pleasant surprise to see it at 63 million NXT, last I checked it was under 40 million. So this is ~3500 BTC at this moment, but it is not so liquid at all.

The key holdings are:
64% of sharkfund0, which in turn owns 11% of BTCD and 10% of BBR, and other assets. I post the breakdown in the Sharktales thread about the sharkfund0. Most notably it has 20% of NXTprivacy, 10% of InstantDEX, 12% of JLH, ~10% of coinomat

src: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8616105

But seriously, can we change the topic to something else again? I´ll even start:
eMunie seems to be active again, any opinion on that? (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/emunie-we-are-not-dead-just-busy-building-megacool-stuff-teasers-inside-755057)
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
August 31, 2014, 06:50:51 PM

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
August 31, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777.

That's all? That's what he calls the "monero camp?" Just one post? Talk about a temper.

Have you missed these threads?

* [XMR] Monero - The only possible secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency (mandatory upgrade)
* Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (including Boolberry)
* rpietila Monero Observer

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
August 31, 2014, 06:28:31 PM
What the hell is all of this about?
Activity: 471
August 31, 2014, 06:12:58 PM

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777.

That's all? That's what he calls the "monero camp?" Just one post? Talk about a temper.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
August 31, 2014, 05:57:00 PM
SuperNET is pretty much designed to turn BBR in to an XMR killer. That's the intention anyway. Take advantage of the network effect and combine forces of Bitcoindark, BBR and any other coin they think has good features.

I'm a bit skeptical(as usual Tongue) because I can't really see how this is supposed to work technically, but I'm certainly not dismissing the concept. And I'll be watching the developments as the idea is unique and interesting.

I don't own any of the involved currencies(XMR, BBR, BTCD), so I have no skin in this game. But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Also, I'm curious about how the XMR camp is going to react to such an aggressive move against them.

jl777 definitely makes crypto interesting! Smiley

I noticed that. Here is James' post:

The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...

I must of missed the mistreatment. His product has the potential to be revolutionary. The only thing that I said was to start his own OP so this one did not get derailed. Was that the mistreatment? If so I am sorry that he took it that way,

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777. So he is exaggerating to the fullist.. Maybe some devs of monero can talk to hem and work somethings out? Instead of going to war..
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
August 31, 2014, 05:39:52 PM
SuperNET is pretty much designed to turn BBR in to an XMR killer. That's the intention anyway. Take advantage of the network effect and combine forces of Bitcoindark, BBR and any other coin they think has good features.

I'm a bit skeptical(as usual Tongue) because I can't really see how this is supposed to work technically, but I'm certainly not dismissing the concept. And I'll be watching the developments as the idea is unique and interesting.

I don't own any of the involved currencies(XMR, BBR, BTCD), so I have no skin in this game. But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Also, I'm curious about how the XMR camp is going to react to such an aggressive move against them.

The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...

I must of missed the mistreatment. His product has the potential to be revolutionary. The only thing that I said was to start his own OP so this one did not get derailed. Was that the mistreatment? If so I am sorry that he took it that way,
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
August 31, 2014, 05:37:29 PM
Who buys IPO's?
No IPO coin will be used as a currency anywhere

It's not an IPO coin(it's not even a coin). You're buying shares in a service I believe. From what I can tell reading the thread anyway.
That's what I understood, some things look interesting..

It clearly says IPO on the title or i am reading a different thread...

It's an IPO but it's not an IPO for a currency. Right now it's basically an IPO for a service that will connect BTCD and BBR. And possibly other coins in the future. There's no superNET coin.

wat
steps back slowly
jk

Please don't remind me of Watcoin. I have 600 million of them. Want some? No charge. FAILcoin. Uggghhh
Activity: 532
August 31, 2014, 05:33:58 PM
If we would act like that whenever a Monero hate thread occurs.... :-)

Well, someday, all of them will grow and this forum will be a friendlier place - or not.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
August 31, 2014, 05:28:00 PM

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 31, 2014, 04:35:11 PM
Who buys IPO's?

It's not an IPO coin(it's not even a coin). You're buying shares in a service I believe. From what I can tell reading the thread anyway.

It's an IPO but it's not an IPO for a currency. Right now it's basically an IPO for a service that will connect BTCD and BBR. And possibly other coins in the future. There's no superNET coin.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 31, 2014, 04:33:53 PM
BcX, it all comes down to how much every-day usage a coin gets by the people. What applications gets developed for them. To see daily use for any coin it needs to have a blockchain.info-style web wallet, that allows to spend coins safely online without trust. I  am advocating this for XMR and the LTC communty.

I recommend everyone that ask me for help with setting up a Bitcoin wallet, to blockchain.info just because it requires zero trust and have the ability to be fool proof secure by 2FA usage. I don't know any better method for noobs that do not know how to store coins and keep computer out of virus. Sure, you can use exchanges like Coinbase but I wouldn't be so proud of myself if close people I helped would turn out to be goxxed later.

Personally, I find Electrum superior. Everyone can write down a twelve word sequence.

Although, this also implies keeping your computer clean. I see your point about the 2FA.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
August 31, 2014, 04:33:07 PM
Who buys IPO's?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
August 31, 2014, 04:19:54 PM
Who buys IPO's?

Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
August 31, 2014, 04:15:11 PM
BcX, it all comes down to how much every-day usage a coin gets by the people. What applications gets developed for them. To see daily use for any coin it needs to have a blockchain.info-style web wallet, that allows to spend coins safely online without trust. I  am advocating this for XMR and the LTC communty.

I recommend everyone that ask me for help with setting up a Bitcoin wallet, to blockchain.info just because it requires zero trust and have the ability to be fool proof secure by 2FA usage. I don't know any better method for noobs that do not know how to store coins and keep computer out of virus. Sure, you can use exchanges like Coinbase but I wouldn't be so proud of myself if close people I helped would turn out to be goxxed later.

TLDR: I think the long term ability of any coin, regardless of PoW and any other technical differences ultimately depends on people actually using the coin for transactions. People don't say this about bitcoin, but that is because it's already set in stone that BTC will be used as a store of value regardless of what happens. In 10 years from now, who do you think will remember Xcurrency, X15 or any other stupid algorithm coin? Perhaps if a really good online multiplatform wallet was developed for XMR, I could envision a future where many people use it to avoid taking any risk for taxes, drugs etc. Bitcoin will obviously be the business coin.

Pages:
Jump to: