Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 13. (Read 907212 times)

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
How do you determine when a "parabolic" rise becomes unsustainable. Is there a rule of thumb, such as, "if doubling time drops to one week, then sell"?

when the doubling time is equal to (or shorter than) the average time it takes to move funds on/off exchanges then, by necessity, the exponential phase of the rise is over.

that makes sense... so when selling pressure approaches the max rate at which fiat can move to exchanges, the rise will appear to have exhausted itself and a correction or crash will ensue...
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
How do you determine when a "parabolic" rise becomes unsustainable. Is there a rule of thumb, such as, "if doubling time drops to one week, then sell"?

when the doubling time is equal to (or shorter than) the average time it takes to move funds on/off exchanges then, by necessity, the exponential phase of the rise is over.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
But what about bitcoin price??

After $1000, $3000 is around the corner, unless we have a secular double top at the previous ATH (historically about 2 weeks' affair to bust it though).

I'd buy more in anticipation and keep a tight stop loss. But I don't trade.

For holders, HODL!!!!11

Thanks for your assessment. It seems you're somewhat less involved currently in Bitcoin price action than most on this forum, so your calm view from further away is certainly valuable.

I am just repeating myself from March-2013 with one more zero...

Hey wait a moment it was 4 YEARS ago!!!!

Are you sure? Time distortion can do amazing things for market timing decisions.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

After $1000, $3000 is around the corner, unless we have a secular double top at the previous ATH (historically about 2 weeks' affair to bust it though).

I'd buy more in anticipation and keep a tight stop loss. But I don't trade.

For holders, HODL!!!!11

Thanks for your assessment. It seems you're somewhat less involved currently in Bitcoin price action than most on this forum, so your calm view from further away is certainly valuable.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
Activity: 304
Merit: 380
Will you be accepting guests this winter?
I'm landing in Frankfurt in the second week of January for a three-month stay in Europe, likely visiting Estonia.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
Not so serious brainstorming about sovereignty options:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17199801
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
If I were "them"...
The unmarked cars or aviation would come into the area for installing electronic surveillance on wireless devices at the minimum.

They would arrive, linger for a minute or two once in range of devices with a femtocell, and then leave.
There is simple and cheap technology for doing these sorts of things available to all law enforcement.
http://thehackernews.com/2016/01/drtbox-cellphone-interception.html

There is a fun project underway for detection/countermeasures against these that is quite useful for protecting a geography you control.  It already does most of what you might want and is not so expensive.
http://hackaday.com/2016/08/09/how-to-detect-and-find-rogue-cell-towers/
Much cheaper than castle walls.

If a castle wanted a more active defense, HERF devices are very effective against most vehicles.  It would have to be abandoned.  If flying it would likely crash and be messy.
https://www.theengineer.co.uk/issues/october-digital-edition-2/radio-beam-device-can-disable-car-and-boat-engines-from-50m/

The detection of these sort of active defenses is such that it would benefit from underground wiring so the heat from the wire would not draw a line to all of them from higher altitude infrared scanning.  A good amount of capacitance at the device location is useful, so that it would still function if the wires were cut.  As with any technology, maintenance and testing is the ongoing chore.
Just some fun things to think about.
How could you forget my (Gleb; Bruno) other account (this one)?

Bitcointalk must be a big enough place that not everyone knows your history.

Not counting my 73 sockpuppets I use to talk to myself when I opt for no reason at all to fuck with venerable entities under the auspices of protecting Bitcoin et al.  Roll Eyes Translated: Them nefarious actors in this space honestly believe such to be true, thus I have challenged them to provide definitive proof of such, whereupon if such is the case, theymos has my permission to ban all 75 accounts of mine on this forum, up to and including the ones that don't exist. This act is opened to anybody on the planet (Earth) and has been on the table since over a year now. Notice that I'm still here, ergo them nefarious fucks claiming that I'm a useless fuck et al. in this space are actually the useless fucks et al. in this space.

EDIT: I'm such a useless fuck. I just noticed the following upon rereading what I quoted. I blame this unfortunate event on the author, for he PM'ed me bragging, hence me (Gleb account) knowing about this post. I have now blocked him so that this never happens again.  Tongue Tongue Tongue (not really)

My cumulative posts exceed that of all the Legendary posters in this thread over the past 3 days combined.

I thought it was expression of camaraderie for those who post voraciously without concern for the useless fucking of mods and egotards who talk to themselves in self-moderated threads for the "special" anointed (oitmented) yesmen.

I'll try to resist falling through this booty trap again.
Sorry I clicked OROBTC's post from the Speculation list, thinking there might be something about the Bitcoin breakout or something slightly interesting to read.  Roll Eyes

Risto, what is it that you seek?

Inner Peace? <-- pretty much have it
Salvation?  <-- have it
Enlightenment? <-- not for myself, but about 7 billion people need it badly
Knowledge? <-- not really, it makes me weary
Wisdom? <-- hell yeah
Wealth? <-- could not care less (although it's easy for me to say so)
New World Order? <-- not in the usual dystopian meaning but some biblical new age would be cool

The questions were too easy for a genius with a 167 IQ. How about we stop patting ourselves on the back and contemplate about swimming in the ocean instead of a small pond.

Greater challenges?
Impact a billion humans directly?
Pass our DNA to 1/4 of the human population as Genghis Khan did?

Most of us know we will never accomplish such great feats, but then again we also don't have a 1-in-a-million intellect.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
Sorry about freaking some of you out by telling the truth about what is happening. It is very precious: I am a connoisseur of experiences, and this is unprecedented for me. Some of it I felt when I was "young", like about 20 years ago, some I experienced about 15 years ago, and then some in 2011 (and 2013). But a large part is also completely new and never happened before.

If you are reading this thread, you are special. This thread is special, and if you don't care about it, why would you read it? I am not reading stuff that does not interest me either.

I could totally post some trivialities about bitcoin and monero price action or other stuff that happens in this world. But so can so many others that there would not be too much added value in that.

Why do I even post if I know for sure that it's not likely to cultivate the atmosphere of connectedness between dear reader and yours truly? Well first of all I don't see it that way. Some of you appreciate what I post. (Others would do better to not spew negativity here as it is not allowed, this is a self-moderated thread, and gaslighting is gone forever from my life, including this thread.) Perhaps due to the levelup, I am in need of new mentors, and capable of digesting and assimilating new wisdom, which I previously could not. Perhaps posting about it here will cause them to contact me.

Rock on, friend Risto.  It's OK to want it all (Torque's list), LOL.

Actually that was a wonderful post, I had not considered that (my red emphasis).  Yep, you are the only one who can post your unique experiences, and we can choose to read this thread if so (I do).

People you want to meet will eventually show up.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I seek to implode the Jewish debt based scam currency, media, and banking system.  After it implodes, they can always reback a new currency with their CB gold holdings, then fractional reserve it all once again to repeat the cycle.  So the key to winning is either forcing mainstream a currency they do not already hold in reserve, like silver or bitcoin, or by forcing the use of physical gold and silver coins in native form so they cannot fractional reserve it all to infinity through "backing".

Bitcoin doesn't really do well in preventing fractional reserve since everyone will outsource security of their coins and deposit them somewhere, not to mention metals objectively making up the base of Exter's pyramid and Bitcoin being above it.  It would just be an arb process of bad money driving out good money and people still using metals as the primary store of value.

TLDR:  The primary method of defeating the bankers is physical silver coins used as currency, not gold or silver "backed" anything.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
Risto, what is it that you seek?

Inner Peace?
Salvation?
Enlightenment?
Knowledge?
Wisdom?
Wealth?
New World Order?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Just checking in.  Seems like the energy has left bitcointalk.org.

I'd probably tell myself some similar lie if I turned my back on something.

hahahahahaha

Yefi speaking the truth...

Wink
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Just checking in.  Seems like the energy has left bitcointalk.org.

I'd probably tell myself some similar lie if I turned my back on something.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Traders seem to respect the 200 SMA for Monero

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Just curious, what are the electricity costs where Malla is located? Any chance of bitcoin mining in such a cold place?

Also a side note - wood stoves are really good at efficiently heating a house, even a big one. Might be an initial cost to purchase and install, but have 2-3+ wood stoves installed in just the right places, and they can heat your entire house all winter long, or even year round.  Not sure if you have already thought of that or not, or if it could be done there.

My house is large, it is likely that 1-2 wood stoves per room are needed, resulting in about 80 total.

Electricity is affordable, and we have thought of mining.

i think you need some sort of piping running  room temperature liquid or perhaps steam through the floors and walls, and maybe some sort of giant bubble

Pages:
Jump to: