Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 236. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Quick TA update:
- 6H candle color/volume: BREAKING - huge green candle beats the previous reds (highest 6h volume in 30 days), conclusion: this is a clear sign of a reversal
- Bid/ask strengh at market: slippage to sell 5k: $57, slippage to buy: $63, conclusion: volatility continues
- Trendline comparison: we are now at -0.367 log units. The trendline is at $993 and rising $7 per day, conclusion: rock bottom
- Sentiment: getting better, which in this case is a positive thing
- Prognosis: anything can really happen, (see my musings in other posts). I did buy, despite being heavy in BTC already.

While I am generally positive how do you perceive the next 4-7 days where we will no doubt be subject to more news from China and in all likely hood have a mass migration of BTC from China. Its silly to say that the news is priced in or that yesterday was the worst of it as we can learn from the Gox situation that  speculators will speculate until they cant speculate any more...?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Your insights and open discussion of your whale sized trading are of course commendable. No other whale is so transparent. I am glad that this forum permitted you to find sellers at $400 off exchange.

I hope you gain as much from this forum as we others gain knowledge from you.

I don't know what I gain and how, but the truth is that being a public person is working very well for me, at least I think the benefits outweigh the negatives Smiley

Yes.  Thanks for your transparency.  Although I am operating on a very small scale compared to you, I can still learn from your strategies.  Yesterday BitchicksHusband and I were able to pick up a few more coins at great prices.  In the past I did not take advantage of these really low days because of fear more than anything.  But it has to be a logical decision not based on emotions.  So thanks for showing how the "experts" get it done. Wink 
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Your insights and open discussion of your whale sized trading are of course commendable. No other whale is so transparent. I am glad that this forum permitted you to find sellers at $400 off exchange.

I don't know what I gain and how, but the truth is that being a public person is working very well for me, at least I think the benefits outweigh the negatives Smiley
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Let's just say that I saw more long-term potential, when I was only familiar with the hype surrounding bitcoin. When I studied the technical aspects in-depth and thought on how will it fit into the picture of modern finance and trade, then I didn't see so much long term potential. The idea has a lot of potential, but bitcoin itself doesn't have potential to be a quality currency. The maximum potential is to enter the cash transfer service, but this will only happen if major developments will be made in the bitcoin market system. The current level of security, that the market system can offer, isn't just enough to gain the trust that is needed.

I think this is a misunderstanding, you can't consider bitcoin's payment system and store of value separately.  This is what all the pundits have been doing, attack one while ignoring the effects of the other.  They may know a lot about the existing financial system and economy but that doesn't automatically grant them understanding of bitcoin.

Bitcoin's strength is its trustless nature.  You do not need to trust a third party nor ask its permission.  Its potential is NOT in transferring other currencies where you have to trust a third party anyway (usually several of them).

No, that is not bitcoin's fate.  It will ultimately remove nearly *all* third parties.  There will be you, the party you want to do business with, and software.  There will probably be mediators of some kind to resolve disputes, but even those will be minimized.  Of course, no for-profit company is going to build this software and put itself out of business.  It has to be built by the community, generally by people who aren't being directly paid for it.  That will take time.
donator
Quick TA update:
- 6H candle color/volume: BREAKING - huge green candle beats the previous reds (highest 6h volume in 30 days), conclusion: this is a clear sign of a reversal
- Bid/ask strengh at market: slippage to sell 5k: $57, slippage to buy: $63, conclusion: volatility continues
- Trendline comparison: we are now at -0.367 log units. The trendline is at $993 and rising $7 per day, conclusion: rock bottom
- Sentiment: getting better, which in this case is a positive thing
- Prognosis: anything can really happen, (see my musings in other posts). I did buy, despite being heavy in BTC already.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
I am proud to be a bagholder ever since $3...

Not that I felt any obligation to disclose, but I am happy to say that I finally managed to source BTC200 @400 off-exchange!  Smiley

UP, UP...

At the moment you have $23 per bitcoin unrealized gains.

donator
I am proud to be a bagholder ever since $3...

Not that I felt any obligation to disclose, but I am happy to say that I finally managed to source BTC200 @400 off-exchange!  Smiley

UP, UP...
Activity: 264
Merit: 111
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Let's just say that I saw more long-term potential, when I was only familiar with the hype surrounding bitcoin. When I studied the technical aspects in-depth and thought on how will it fit into the picture of modern finance and trade, then I didn't see so much long term potential. The idea has a lot of potential, but bitcoin itself doesn't have potential to be a quality currency. The maximum potential is to enter the cash transfer service, but this will only happen if major developments will be made in the bitcoin market system. The current level of security, that the market system can offer, isn't just enough to gain the trust that is needed.

It's the most secure system on the planet and has been for some time ...
legendary
Activity: 876
You guys still don't get it that real bottoms aren't temporal, but they last for weeks or more.
These "quick recoveries" are made by players with twitchy fingers and the same twitchy fingers come to play when the price doesn't seem to rise any more.

Don't take your advice from tools like rpietila, who is a bagholder at 460$, who was certain that the price won't drop below 380 just yesterday and who generally just can't understand any general concept of an efficient market.

As far as I have noticed, the capitulations consists of a bottom level (in this case the 400-450) and then maybe few flash crashes to lower levels (340).

And I think it is pretty absurd to think that anyone who bought @ 460$ is a bagholder when the price is at 40$ lower.

I see it as an far fetched presumption, because the price was at 450 for about 4 days till this drop occurred. In all honesty, I have no idea on what will be the proper bottom, I don't think that anyone can currently know this. But I know that it will be more clear when this period of extreme volatility will be over, that is caused by the process of money moving from China to the western exhanges. Until then, it's a blind gamble. You can also win by blindly gambling and some people like to play this way, I just don't.

If you understand bitcoins abitility and its potential in long term, IMO it's riskier to be shorting now than just hodling.

Activity: 896
Merit: 115
You guys still don't get it that real bottoms aren't temporal, but they last for weeks or more.
These "quick recoveries" are made by players with twitchy fingers and the same twitchy fingers come to play when the price doesn't seem to rise any more.

Don't take your advice from tools like rpietila, who is a bagholder at 460$, who was certain that the price won't drop below 380 just yesterday and who generally just can't understand any general concept of an efficient market.

As far as I have noticed, the capitulations consists of a bottom level (in this case the 400-450) and then maybe few flash crashes to lower levels (340).

And I think it is pretty absurd to think that anyone who bought @ 460$ is a bagholder when the price is at 40$ lower.

I see it as an far fetched presumption, because the price was at 450 for about 4 days till this drop occurred. In all honesty, I have no idea on what will be the proper bottom, I don't think that anyone can currently know this. But I know that it will be more clear when this period of extreme volatility will be over, that is caused by the process of money moving from China to the western exhanges. Until then, it's a blind gamble. You can also win by blindly gambling and some people like to play this way, I just don't.

If you understand bitcoins abitility and its potential in long term, IMO it's riskier to be shorting now than just hodling.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
This is looking too obvious inverse head and shoulders, could it be?

Seems so. Smiley If we break 420 today, it's quite probable that the bear trend is over and the very bottom was @ 339,79. Just slightly lower than my abp!

However, if 420 is not broken today, the bear trend may continue for quite some time, as there seems not to be shortage of sellers. Gosh I wish I had more spare fiat to buy moar.

Basis for my TA:

Looks like 420 was breached @ bitstamp.

legendary

Don't take your advice from tools like rpietila, who is a bagholder at 460$, who was certain that the price won't drop below 380 just yesterday and who generally just can't understand the general concept of an efficient market.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me

Very likely. Its good for my scalp too.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I agree this seems too good to be true. But looking at the volume, this is not fake. People have bought the dips (china again)
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

Seems so. Smiley If we break 420 today, it's quite probable that the bear trend is over and the very bottom was @ 339,79. Just slightly lower than my abp!

However, if 420 is not broken today, the bear trend may continue for quite some time, as there seems not to be shortage of sellers. Gosh I wish I had more spare fiat to buy moar.

Basis for my TA:

https://i.imgur.com/K0LXMNB.png

http://www.onlinetradingconcepts.com/images/technicalanalysis/HeadShouldersReverseER2.gif
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
The longer and fiercer this downtrend is, and the more suffering we have to endure over the next period of time, the more glorious will the next uptrend be for those of us that try to understand bitcoin. Fuck the moon, that's underachieving in a nutshell.

I have a simple method to fight the urge to sell. I keep buying.
Jump to: