Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 28. (Read 907187 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
The expanding earth theory totally makes sense. Basicaly it says we are constantly been bombarded by petabillions and billions of neutrinos sended from the sun, which almost dont interact with matter. But they interact with plasma. The inner core of earth is made of plasma, feeded by this neutrinos which produces more incandescent matter in as a byproduct of its interaction, produccing matter at an approximated rate of +2 centimeters (1 inch) of the radius of the earth yearly.

This theory explain a lot of things:
-It explains why the core of earth is still hot after 4.5 billion years
-It explains why dinosaurs could live: earth was smaller, gravity was smaller. The probably dissapeared due his own massive body unadapted to the growing gravity
-It explain the movement of tectonic plaques
-Drift of continents, etc

PD:Wall observing @430 resistance, probably good place to short until 410-420 or so
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Why does this thread feel like I am watching Ancient Aliens? 

Seriously, I appreciate people who have a healthy dose of skepticism.  However, this thread continues to be full of absolutely bat poop crazy stuff.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57177411.jpg
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Activity: 21

When I saw this video, it was clear to me that what we are taught in the geography is utter bullshit and should not be taken seriously. It is a known historical fact that no one has ever drilled deeper than 12 km. Thus, how on Earth can a scientist say what is inside Earth. Just because some places put out lava does not mean the whole Earth is filled by it. Those shit scientist really think people are that stupid that they believe just any ridiculous explanation they serve via the public education system.

Hyena, I'll be polite this time, but please listen to me. This is exactly the reason why people like me would get irritated by you.

There is a very simple physical reason why that is happening in that video. There is also a very simple reason why it does not happen in planet formation (hint: the ratio of centrifugal force and self-gravitating force is different). The problem is that you don't understand that, and immediately conclude that all of physics is wrong. Why don't you instead ask someone who understands physics to explain why we do not think the Earth is hollow? Then people like me are much more inclined to reasonable conversation...   with your attitude, however, you cannot expect people to take you seriously.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
Two years ago I found that flat earthers theorist. The first 3 months I was in total denial, like someone "sane" would be. After that, in an exercise of extreme open mindness I started seriously doubth about it. Now, Im pretty sure earth is a sphere BUT in the meantime I have concluded that all NASA, the mars missions, the apollo ones, the rossetta landing, the international space station, all them are scams.

All-of-them. You just have to examine the facts.

I laughed at the flat earth theory 2 years ago. I even didn't look at the concave earth theory 2 years ago, as if it was even worse than the flat earth theory. But I started investigating the hollow earth theory because I have a natural interest for planet formation (my bachelor's thesis in informatics was a random world generator) and I figured that obviously a rotating cloud of dust and gas would have a hollow interior as a result of the angular acceleration due to rotation.

When I saw this video, it was clear to me that what we are taught in the geography is utter bullshit and should not be taken seriously. It is a known historical fact that no one has ever drilled deeper than 12 km. Thus, how on Earth can a scientist say what is inside Earth. Just because some places put out lava does not mean the whole Earth is filled by it. Those shit scientist really think people are that stupid that they believe just any ridiculous explanation they serve via the public education system.

One thing lead to another so I came acquainted with the Expanding Earth Theory. From physics perspective the expanding earth would make perfect sense in the hollow earth context. Where does the extra land come from? Matter does not just appear out of thin air, so how could the earth be expanding? But when we take Earth as hollow, it becomes self-evident that the cavity inside Earth gets bigger as it rotates, thus the surface area can grow.

For long time I was a believer of the hollow earth theory. It made perfect sense from physics perspective and the historic facts regarding Hitler and Admiral Byrd were confirming it. However, I still believed that NASA has been telling the truth, that the Moon Landing actually took place and that we are definitely located on the outside surface of the hollow Earth. But about half a year ago this flat earth theory just kept gaining popularity so out of curiosity I looked what they had to say. It lead me to believe that NASA has been deceiving the shit out of public and that Moon Landing was a total fake.

So, since we can discard every single video and picture by NASA due to their shit reputation for faking everything, I obviously got second thoughts about the curvature of the ground under our feet. Because the flat earth theory is too ridiculous due to its ties to the bible I started investigating the concave earth theory. I always discarded it as junk due to the dumb assumption that light in vacuum always travels in straight lines. I thought that if we really were inside the concave earth then I could see it with my own eyes. However, it has been proven that light bends, so a concave earth would not be obvious.

By that time I already knew about the illuminati and reptilians. I knew that hollywood films are full of their secret symbolism, it's just so obvious, they put everything out there. So when I came to this video:
Game of Thrones *Extended* Intro Shows Earth is Concave (We live INSIDE)

It suddenly became plausible that we could live in a concave Earth. Having processed all this information, one thing is for sure, I cannot say for sure what is the curvature of the ground below my feet. I simply cannot say it because now I know that I don't know it.
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
Two years ago I found that flat earthers theorist. The first 3 months I was in total denial, like someone "sane" would be. After that, in an exercise of extreme open mindness I started seriously doubth about it. Now, Im pretty sure earth is a sphere BUT in the meantime I have concluded that all NASA, the mars missions, the apollo ones, the rossetta landing, the international space station, all them are scams.

All-of-them. You just have to examine the facts.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I have browsed through the evidence and the overshadowing (pun intended) one is the FE claim that the Sun of a fixed diameter is above the Earth disk continuously. The trickstery that I have read so far concerning how the following phenomena could be true, is not convincing:
- some areas are bright-lit, others piss-dark (light needs to behave very curiously)
- the observed path of sun in the sky including it rising and setting in contact with horizon (which it should never even meet if it is above the Earth disk all the time).

This, alone, is for now a sufficient proof to dismiss the premise (italics) as false. It does not mean Earth is not the center of the Universe, of course, it does not mean Earth is spinning, moving, 15 billion years old, etc. It only means that it is not flat, on top of which the Sun is circling. The shape is likely round (locally convex) and the polar areas continue to be investigated.
legendary
Just out of curiosity, why would NASA fake anything? Because of the arms race with the Soviets? And if this is all BS, why are private space operations becoming a big business? SpaceX is seriously going to send people to Mars within about a decade. It's their sole reason for existence. Is that going to be fake, too?

There are plenty of reasons for NASA to fake everything. Their Mars rover is actually in Greenland Cheesy by the way. The money goes to black ops projects. I'd love to see SpaceX seriously going to Mars for example when in reality NASA hasn't got past even the Van Allen's belt of radiation and they have even admitted it publicly.

hm let us forget and brush the nasa stuff aside for a second.
i fail to see where he gives bad arguments or facts.

his explainations of possible error sources makes sense.

( tbh i cant imagine nasa hoax to be real - like half of the population of the industry nations would be involved...)

The explanations of possible errors don't make sense because each of the rectilineator links has its own support mechanism. Since the mechanism is reset for every step errors cannot cumulate. He tries so hard to paint the experiment as a failure that it's laughable. Nevertheless, the experiment should be repeated now a century later because with today's technology it would be possible to achieve more precise measurements and thus more adequate results.

Yes, here's where most of the population goes wrong --- they thing a hoax as big as this cannot be pulled off. Yet most of the population are enslaved by the banking system and this somehow is perfectly normal. If you're not a free man to begin with, then how do you have the arrogance to believe that you are not massively being lied to by your masters? The conspiracy has grown so big that just its size has begun to help it go unnoticed by the dumb public.

Hell, they're even admitting it publicly because they can, since the public is so dumb they think they are just joking, but the joke is on the dumb sheeple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaMqI705AZE

I'm having a real hard time following you. Are you saying with a strong telescope you think you could see across the Atlantic from New York to France?

I'm not sure if that particular example would be possible but there are cases where it is possible to see beyond the alleged curvature of the Earth with a telescope. What is even more funny is that when strongly zoomed in the buildings in the background seem to be on the higher ground than the buildings in the foreground while in reality the buildings are on the equally high ground.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
What about sunrise? Ever caught a sunrise in a high-rise, only to take the elevator down to catch it one more time? No? I have.

I also know people who's been on antarctica, and who's been on the north pole.

What is most likely? That satan, illuminati and reptilians exists, gravity doesn't and the earth is flat or someone who are the real baddies put stuff in rptiela's water (and whomever else makes strides against tptb) making him delirious, to the point he pose no danger or harm to the establishment.

It's a pleasant rabbit-hole to keep you in, isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
And to my understanding I did show what is wrong with the convex earth theory. Telescopes and horizons. The ship disappears fully behind the horizon but when you zoom in with a telescope you can still see it.

I'm having a real hard time following you. Are you saying with a strong telescope you think you could see across the Atlantic from New York to France?

Nice way to conclude this, indeed. Have a great NYE all
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
I will stop participating in this very beautiful trollfest... err.. brainstorming with an old video with R. Feynman answering a "naive" question by a reporter. It's called "Magnets" or "The Why" questions. I seriously hope you understand what Richard says -in his own unique way- and ultimately *get* the essence of it all; ie: that for two people to have a conversation at a certain level, then those people should agree that they have a "basis" where they both agree to start from. Or if you prefer, "speak the same language".

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Have a nice New Year's Eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjmtJpzoW0o

Epic

Bookmarked

Thx

Annnnnd....we're clear. Great show everybody. The network guys are going to love it!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
I will stop participating in this very beautiful trollfest... err.. brainstorming with an old video with R. Feynman answering a "naive" question by a reporter. It's called "Magnets" or "The Why" questions. I seriously hope you understand what Richard says -in his own unique way- and ultimately *get* the essence of it all; ie: that for two people to have a conversation at a certain level, then those people should agree that they have a "basis" where they both agree to start from. Or if you prefer, "speak the same language".

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Epic

Bookmarked

Thx
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

legendary
hm let us forget and brush the nasa stuff aside for a second.
i fail to see where he gives bad arguments or facts.

his explainations of possible error sources makes sense.

( tbh i cant imagine nasa hoax to be real - like half of the population of the industry nations would be involved...)

He honestly believes that NASA is telling the truth and hasn't faked anything.

Just out of curiosity, why would NASA fake anything? Because of the arms race with the Soviets? And if this is all BS, why are private space operations becoming a big business? SpaceX is seriously going to send people to Mars within about a decade. It's their sole reason for existence. Is that going to be fake, too?
legendary
i think this explains pretty good:

Inverting the rectilineator section top/bottom doesn't help either, for the structure will still sag in the same sense, with ends drooping. Could this be the systematic error that accounts for the results? With the materials used in the rectilineator, the sag can't be very large. But a sag of only 0.000003 degree in each section, multiplied by the 1045 sections in a four mile length, gives a cumulative error of 0.003 degree. That would be about the latitude difference between the endpoints of the survey. Such a small error was far too small to be measured or detected in just one, or even a string of a few, rectilineator sections.

This is a subtle source of systematic error. The preliminary tests of the rectilineator were done with only a few of those sections they had (four). The systematic error for these would be far beneath detection level during those tests. An individual section's cross arms might deviate from parallelism in one of two directions, or might, by sheer accident be nearly parallel for one orientation of the rectilinator. If it deviated in one direction, then when the section was inverted, the deviation would flip in the other direction and still be such as to cause the ends to bend downward. Even if by pure accident the first few rectilineator sections were aligned exactly parallel, the procedure of "recycling" sections and inverting them would ensure a systematic error from that point onward of about the same amount over the entire length of the survey.

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/hollow/morrow.htm

should read the whole paper it is very informative!

Interesting piece of information but it's overly pessimistic, almost as if it is trying too hard to discourage people from conducting this experiment. If there is a risk of unavoidable systematic error then results should vary. Some experiments should give a result according to which the Earth is convex. Some may even tell us that the Earth is flat. However, it will always be possible to determine the truth by using the Monte Carlo method. You may get it wrong once but after enough attempts the true curvature of the Earth must start showing up.

I think I am starting to get it why this experiment hasn't been conducted again. It's because of what I just said. Until this experiment has been carried out just once it is plausible to say that the results must not be trusted due to a potential cumulative error. However, if more and more people were to conduct this same experiment, we could start applying probability theory on the results and thereby statistically find out the truth.

edit:
LOL I didn't notice at first who the author of that writing is --- Donald E. Simanek

(picture of a true shit-scientist above)

This guy was paid to debunk results of the original rectilineator experiment. He's not a scientist, he's a fucking investigative journalist. I should have known.

edit 2:
This guy Donald E. Simanek is clearly delusional, look at what he has written:
Today men have walked on the Moon, and the "illusion" idea doesn't survive, unless, like the modern flat-earthers, we assume that the entire space program is a giant conspiracy to deny the truth, faked on a Hollywood sound stage with clever special effects.

He honestly believes that NASA is telling the truth and hasn't faked anything. This guy cannot be taken seriously. I would be willing to accept scepticism from a person without an expectation bias but this Donald guy is full of it. He is whining about the rectilineator guys to have an expectation bias but he himself has a humongous expectation bias in a sense that he expects earth to be convex and NASA to be telling the truth. His writings cannot be taken seriously for that reason alone. Like seriously guys, look at the irony ---- sceptic thinks he has debunked a conspiracy theory by accusing his opposition of having an expectation bias, while the sceptic himself has an even greater expectation bias favouring his own theory.
legendary
...the concave Earth theory is silly...

The experiment was flawed by construction. With our current material science knowledge, it is impossible to create a structure of any kind that will be straight over the distances required. If you think it can be done, you could make a lot of money. I would not know how to do it, and I am really not tempted to try. Also, I think all the information we need to falsify the concave Earth theory is already out there, despite what you have been claiming.

Did you just suck that out from your thumb? When constructing those straight bars needed for the rectilineator you would make them all from the same template. However, when finally using the bars you would turn one's face downwards and the next bar's face upwards. By doing so you would reset any error in the template that would otherwise cause the drawn line to bend in either direction.

i think this explains pretty good:

Inverting the rectilineator section top/bottom doesn't help either, for the structure will still sag in the same sense, with ends drooping. Could this be the systematic error that accounts for the results? With the materials used in the rectilineator, the sag can't be very large. But a sag of only 0.000003 degree in each section, multiplied by the 1045 sections in a four mile length, gives a cumulative error of 0.003 degree. That would be about the latitude difference between the endpoints of the survey. Such a small error was far too small to be measured or detected in just one, or even a string of a few, rectilineator sections.

This is a subtle source of systematic error. The preliminary tests of the rectilineator were done with only a few of those sections they had (four). The systematic error for these would be far beneath detection level during those tests. An individual section's cross arms might deviate from parallelism in one of two directions, or might, by sheer accident be nearly parallel for one orientation of the rectilinator. If it deviated in one direction, then when the section was inverted, the deviation would flip in the other direction and still be such as to cause the ends to bend downward. Even if by pure accident the first few rectilineator sections were aligned exactly parallel, the procedure of "recycling" sections and inverting them would ensure a systematic error from that point onward of about the same amount over the entire length of the survey.

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/hollow/morrow.htm

should read the whole paper it is very informative!
legendary
...the concave Earth theory is silly...

so it is silly, I agree. It doesn't mean I shouldn't look into it. And to my understanding I did show what is wrong with the convex earth theory. Telescopes and horizons. The ship disappears fully behind the horizon but when you zoom in with a telescope you can still see it. And don't tell me that it is a mirage due to refraction caused by the hot air above and cold air below. The "refraction" and "mirage" straw is way overused to "debunk" conspiracy theories. It's as stupid as a guard hearing some strange noise in Oblivion and saying "these damn rats again" or "it was probably wind". No it is not wind and it is not rats! It's a fucking thief stealing shit from the castle!

The experiment was flawed by construction. With our current material science knowledge, it is impossible to create a structure of any kind that will be straight over the distances required. If you think it can be done, you could make a lot of money. I would not know how to do it, and I am really not tempted to try. Also, I think all the information we need to falsify the concave Earth theory is already out there, despite what you have been claiming.

Did you just suck that out from your thumb? When constructing those straight bars needed for the rectilineator you would make them all from the same template. However, when finally using the bars you would turn one's face downwards and the next bar's face upwards. By doing so you would reset any error in the template that would otherwise cause the drawn line to bend in either direction.
Pages:
Jump to: