Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 32. (Read 907211 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015

I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment?

Every day I do research, in fact. I am an astrophysicist, and in my area of research we regularly have to exactly model the positions of all solar system bodies.

Let me tell you something about science: we do not all conspire together. In fact, science is a free for all. We are all (underpaid) competitors, dying to make a name for ourselves. If someone can show that the entire scientific consensus is wrong, such a person would gain eternal fame. The thing is, you have to do it convincingly. Most people who think they have overthrown the entire scientific consensus, and who are subsequently being ignored, usually just have not shown what they are conjecturing (and usually they are, indeed, wrong). If you think we would all conspire together, you are completely misunderstanding how this world works.

Just because you are an astrophysicist doesn't mean you know anything about the shape of the Earth. You observe the stars, right? Not Earth -- stars. So how can you tell such a story? It's just a bunch of assumptions. If you truly were a proper scientist you would understand that. You don't know how the universe operates, stop making dumb assumptions.

What's most infuriating is that a little mathematical fiddling turns
this crazy theory into a proposition that is virtually impossible to
refute.  The trick is done by *inversion*, a purely geometric
transformation that lets a methemetician turn shapes inside-out.  When a
sphere is inverted, ever point outside is mapped to a corresponding
point inside, and vice versa.
    The goemetry is quite simple.  If a sphere's center is "C" and its
radius is "r," then every outside point "P" maps to an inside point "P'"
such that "CP x CP' = r2" {that's "r squared" - Foxx}.
    {My apologies for not being able to include the accompanying
illustration.  - Foxx}
    Here's a good way to visualize it:  For any outside point "P" (on
the sun, or Pluto, or Cygnus X, for example), draw a circle that has
"CP" as its diameter.  From one of the two points where this circle
intersects the earth, draw a line perpendicular to "CP."  The
intersection point {of this perpendicular and "CP"} is the location of
"P'".

http://www.skepticfiles.org/ufo1/theory.htm

What if the universe is surrounded by Earth and the farther away from earth you go the smaller you shrink? Yeah it may sound weird to us due to our expectation bias brainwashed into us by the public education but it is a possibility. And guess what, ALL THE MATH WOULD STILL WORK OUT. You could still do your astrophysics and you wouldn't see a difference. Come one, did I really have to tell you this? Why is it that you cannot come to the same conclusion on your own? This is how strictly you are thinking INSIDE THE BOX.
legendary
Usually when you have to dismiss every known aspect of physics, space and time, you can bet you are on the wrong side of logic.

Or trolling, still not sure. Apologies if not.

In my ventures, I seek to retain the ground of experimentation and logic. Experimentation made me witness a 33% reduction in apparent gravity, logic says that there might be something wrong in the gravity model if such things happen...

I'm not trolling. I'm simply not assuming anything taught by the public education system to be true or false. I look at the problem without any expectation bias at all. All I wanted to say was that there is one experiment that could settle the flat/concave/convex Earth debate once and for all --- and this experiment is the rectilineator experiment. Just draw a god damn straight line and compare it with the curvature of the Earth. It's the most robust and clear experiment we can do. It doesn't require any assumptions regarding properties of ether and light. It does assume that the space is not bent, however. But I thought that if the space itself is warped and bent somehow then the whole universe is just so bizarre that I would be better off not trying to understand it  Grin
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I guess you're talking about the flat earth theory and the pole stars conundrum (1). A long story short, physically, cannot happen. Northern Star is NOT visible from the South Hemisphere.

OK, so the visibility of Polaris from the "south hemisphere" (area in the other side of the Equator when looked from the north) is alone enough evidence to debunk globe!

(Now we need to be able to repeat the sightings reported Wink )
donator
Experimentation made me witness a 33% reduction in apparent gravity,

I can believe that you may have perceived a reduction in apparent gravity...

logic says that there might be something wrong in the gravity model if such things happen...

...but without a description of the experiment, my assumption would have to be that there was more wrong with your perception at that point, than with the standard model of gravity.

Try to go back not too many pages in the same thread to find the lab report  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
@Risto: (and others)

I guess you're talking about the flat earth theory and the pole stars conundrum (1). A long story short, physically, cannot happen. Northern Star is NOT visible from the South Hemisphere. Concerning light-curvature eidolon, a phenomenon broadly known as gravitational lens (2) that happens due to a planet's gravity; unfortunately, our home planet is not "heavy" enough to make such a phenomenon visible.

There's only one possible case which the aforementioned hypothesis could stand right; this is the hypothesis we're living on a Dyson Sphere (3). In this case we are populating a megastructure that was built by an ancient civilization over a sun-like (smaller scale) dwarf planet that manages to get all its produced energy to sustain life on its horizon.

(Artist's concept of a Dyson Sphere)

Under these circumstances, the megastructure could be evolved by the boundless amount of energy that the enclosed star produced in an unpredictable scale, programmed in such a way able to sustain life and even produce an energy field that protects the outer Dyson layer from external meteor falls (up to a logical scale). All the above is just a theory, of course, and as the late Carl Sagan said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".  Roll Eyes

Sources:
1. https://chizzlewit.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/flat-earth-theory-and-the-pole-stars-conundum/comment-page-1/
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_lens
3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
4. http://earthsky.org/space/what-is-a-dyson-sphere
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Experimentation made me witness a 33% reduction in apparent gravity,

I can believe that you may have perceived a reduction in apparent gravity...

logic says that there might be something wrong in the gravity model if such things happen...

...but without a description of the experiment, my assumption would have to be that there was more wrong with your perception at that point, than with the standard model of gravity.
donator
Usually when you have to dismiss every known aspect of physics, space and time, you can bet you are on the wrong side of logic.

Or trolling, still not sure. Apologies if not.

In my ventures, I seek to retain the ground of experimentation and logic. Experimentation made me witness a 33% reduction in apparent gravity, logic says that there might be something wrong in the gravity model if such things happen...
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
Concave earth?Huh If we can sail across the concave surface then we know how big the sphere actually is, we could confirm this concave ball size with a laser beam shot across the universe that lands on the other side of this concave planet, that is a far simpler experiment. Seems like a terrible theory that will fail with two seconds of logic.

and here's the most common pitfall to understanding the concave earth theory, you just said it.

The biggest deception is light itself. Namely the properties of light. Here's a kicker: in vacuum light does not travel in straight lines. Instead, light bends along the concave curvature of the Earth itself, making it seem as if the horizon was flat while it really is not. That's why we must discard all experiments utilizing light --- because we cannot trust light. There is plenty of evidence for the bending light theory, there's even science grade proof that is carefully kept away from the public education.

As mr. reptile said above "satan is deception". since satan = lucifer = bringer of light, light cannot be trusted. Light can be used for deception. This is why all the new age religion bullshit is utter and total bullshit --- it always speaks of light as something good while in reality light is all about deception.

Well a laser pointed straight up will be bent equally in all directions by the concave earth, therefore traveling straight to Japan.... So ignoring light experiments because light bends is just selective reasoning.

The concave earth would also be teeny, tiny in comparison to even the ability of a spacecraft to travel in a single day.  The orbit of the moon itself will not fit in the space offset by the size of Earth's concave inner hole. I am sure you know all of this, so the only way a concave earth would ever work is that everything we know about space and time is completely wrong. The moon really is a tiny little ball in the air, and every foot away from concave planet earth surface shrinks you in size dramatically. Usually when you have to dismiss every known aspect of physics, space and time, you can bet you are on the wrong side of logic.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
You guys should check out the q&a from the illuminati hidden hand insider, he mentions Bitcoin in mid 2008 for a prediction after he called the economic crash
legendary
Concave earth?Huh If we can sail across the concave surface then we know how big the sphere actually is, we could confirm this concave ball size with a laser beam shot across the universe that lands on the other side of this concave planet, that is a far simpler experiment. Seems like a terrible theory that will fail with two seconds of logic.

and here's the most common pitfall to understanding the concave earth theory, you just said it.

The biggest deception is light itself. Namely the properties of light. Here's a kicker: in vacuum light does not travel in straight lines. Instead, light bends along the concave curvature of the Earth itself, making it seem as if the horizon was flat while it really is not. That's why we must discard all experiments utilizing light --- because we cannot trust light. There is plenty of evidence for the bending light theory, there's even science grade proof that is carefully kept away from the public education.

As mr. reptile said above "satan is deception". since satan = lucifer = bringer of light, light cannot be trusted. Light can be used for deception. This is why all the new age religion bullshit is utter and total bullshit --- it always speaks of light as something good while in reality light is all about deception.

And if that was not enough to convince you, here's a photo of the military using telescopes in war:

Why on Earth are the telescopes pointed upwards instead of straight towards the horizon?

Conclusion
Optics has shown that the “hull vanishing before the sails” effect is not in any way evidence for a convex (or concave) Earth. The US military camera pointing up and showing “3 horizons” with the furthest one situated at the top of the picture cannot be explained by any convex or flat Earth model, only a concave one; and proves that the horizon we see with the naked eye is caused by optics. The only question is the reliability of this information and that we have no other examples with which to compare; so for that reason alone, this evidence is not a slam dunk. Does the US military camera show that the Earth is concave? Very likely (95%).
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either.

Well I at least studied geophysics in university level...

what does that suppose to mean? we all know that there are worrying religious aspects to science in general and universities are funded to enforce those religious aspects. Just because some places on Earth put out lava from volcanoes does not mean the whole Earth is filled with it. Simple logic.

rectilineator

Only intellectually sound discussion, please. This is not NASA!

Intellectually sound? Don't make me laugh. There is no better experiment than the rectilineator because unlike other experiments that rely on the hypothetical properties of ether or observations that heavily depend on the properties of light, the rectilineator only depends on the properties of matter itself. If you don't understand the experiment then you simply didn't bother to even look at it, which makes you no better than the rest of the sheeple cuckooing whatever is told to them in the media and by the public education system.

donator
Well I have progressed. The command chain goes like this:

Satan deceives the reptilians, who deceive the Jesuit-illuminati who deceive the Jew-banksters who deceive the whole world with U.S. and Israel being the main tools. Except the reptilians don't exist, that was a deception as well.
legendary

what does that suppose to mean? we all know that there are worrying religious aspects to science in general and universities are funded to enforce those religious aspects. Just because some places on Earth put out lava from volcanoes does not mean the whole Earth is filled with it. Simple logic.

rectilineator

Intellectually sound? Don't make me laugh. There is no better experiment than the rectilineator because unlike other experiments that rely on the hypothetical properties of ether or observations that heavily depend on the properties of light, the rectilineator only depends on the properties of matter itself. If you don't understand the experiment then you simply didn't bother to even look at it, which makes you no better than the rest of the sheeple cuckooing whatever is told to them in the media and by the public education system.
donator

rectilineator

The North Star is one of the easiest "disproofs" I have managed to operationalize. If it is at the same time visible to all the people in the northern hemisphere as usual, but also to some in the southern, then either Earth is not a globe, or it is transparent Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Interim report. Nobody got kidnapped, but all the family developed a hellish cough that does not go away with anything, and has almost completely disabled me from working and writing.

Well that has pros and cons. I never took flat earth seriously, but since discovering both holocause and moon landing to be lies, I have decided to give flat earth a chance as well. Now has been a good time to research. Here are some of the research questions:

- Can someone verify that North Star (Stella Polaris) is visible from 20° south?

- Why is the whole earth being destroyed by pollution, poison and chemtrails, but Antarctica is declared military area based on its "delicate nature" up to the point that it is illegal for anyone to even go there? Why is there not one unedited video showing "antarctic sun" (cf. Arctic sun I have seen with my own eyes) Why is circling the Antarctica forbidden?

- Why do the southern shipping routes not exist despite being so much shorter than the northern? Why does no aeroplane cross the south seas despite it being so much shorter? Why is there no evidence of anyone ever flying over Antarctica and coming back from the other side? Why is there no undoctored photo of Antarctica available from space?
because it's a game, we live in a world of misfit theirs as our punishment.

The rules are simple. Until we stop stealing we advance to the next stage
legendary
Interim report. Nobody got kidnapped, but all the family developed a hellish cough that does not go away with anything, and has almost completely disabled me from working and writing.

Well that has pros and cons. I never took flat earth seriously, but since discovering both holocause and moon landing to be lies, I have decided to give flat earth a chance as well. Now has been a good time to research. Here are some of the research questions:

- Can someone verify that North Star (Stella Polaris) is visible from 20° south?

- Why is the whole earth being destroyed by pollution, poison and chemtrails, but Antarctica is declared military area based on its "delicate nature" up to the point that it is illegal for anyone to even go there? Why is there not one unedited video showing "antarctic sun" (cf. Arctic sun I have seen with my own eyes) Why is circling the Antarctica forbidden?

- Why do the southern shipping routes not exist despite being so much shorter than the northern? Why does no aeroplane cross the south seas despite it being so much shorter? Why is there no evidence of anyone ever flying over Antarctica and coming back from the other side? Why is there no undoctored photo of Antarctica available from space?

I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment? It's funny how they demand you to prove your theory but refuse to prove theirs. I would love to see the convex Earth believers prove their theory. I don't care what the truth is as long as it is the truth. Yes Earth could be convex but in that case, show me the scientifically rigorous proof. The only proof that absolutely every person on Earth could verify on their own is the rectilineator experiment. The rectilineator experiment does not require expensive high tech equipment and in nature it is so simple that you only need common sense to understand how it works. It's suspicious why this experiment has only been conducted once in the history of man kind, having its results hidden from the public.

donator
See, this is why I want to stick with trading.

Thank you for your opinion. Please stick to your own threads then and let me keep mine Smiley
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
See, this is why I want to stick with trading.
donator

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I was hoping for some trading wisdom, instead we got dreams.

Dreams are the portal to the astral plane, and allow for amazing things to happen such as having transformative visions or even seeing the future. Or having your soul blasted with universal love/light.

Do not underestimate your dreams. Follow them and you will go far. They are more important than making a quick buck off bitcoin.
Sounds like a movie that would outsell Star Wars at the box office.!
Pages:
Jump to: