Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 30. (Read 907211 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment? It's funny how they demand you to prove your theory but refuse to prove theirs.

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

I saw a hyena once. They're much bigger than I thought they were.

Oh, just curious. How do you explain the Northern and Southern lights (Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis)?

The sticks and shadows experiment was the only point I found interesting from that link. Is it really possible to calculate the circumference of the Earth like that? If so then it definitely kicks a hole into the flat earth theory. It doesn't puncture the concave earth theory though.

But unfortunately, many of the other ways listed there were crap. The webpage even lists some of the stuff that is used to prove that the Earth is not convex. So it's laughable. For example, ships that have disappeared behind the horizon are still visible with a telescope, NASA photos are fake, centre of gravity could very well be in the middle of the hollow earth's crust not in the centre of the planet.

Since I think flat earth theory is weaker than the concave earth theory, hollow earth theory and expanding earth theory, I would not bother to explain some northern and southern lights thing. I'm not a flat earth believer anyway. I'm just an opponent of the Copernican system.

I fear you will require that particle expansion accelerates with the inverse of particle separation, which will result in path-dependent anisotropic particle size variations.  I can measure the size of atoms after path variations, and compare them, to invalidate such a theory, on uniform curvature assumptions.  Something akin to general relativity might rescue it, however.  This is the path that leads to epicycles.

IMO this approach is a more interesting innovation: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1001.0785v1.pdf

Not so easy to dismiss the gravity by expansion theory. What if Planck length is not a constant? What if it is increasing in time but since everything is growing in size proportionally to the increase in Planck length we are unable to detect the change in that constant? Perhaps you should also have a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-QqKmVyfU

Seems that this guy has more explanations in his sleeve than I have.

As for Newton, I must admit I don't fancy his theories. He assumed astral bodies to be filled while in reality there's a good chance they are hollow, which would invalidate the calculations of their mass according to Newton's "laws".

According to the article you pointed out gravity is an entropic force. So the universe is intelligent enough to understand that for some reason it needs to increase its entropy? Interesting indeed, but also ridiculous. As a result, the god/universe just generates this force "gravity" out of thin vacuum to make everything look more chaotic in the macro cosmos while not affecting the flow of energy in the micro cosmos. This is the first time I see a theoretical physicist trying to explain the world with the help of god except that instead of god they cunningly use the term entropic force which equates to "system's statistical tendency to increase its entropy". So when a theoretical physicist is in trouble and doesn't know how to explain something, they will come up with a clever term such as entropic force and just use that term. Same goes to utterly religious people who explain everything with the word "god". I wouldn't say one is better than the other.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
IMO gravity is not a force after all. It's just a physical effect caused by something that is yet to be known.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2opz-6HWro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboDTgped1E

I fear you will require that particle expansion accelerates with the inverse of particle separation, which will result in path-dependent anisotropic particle size variations.  I can measure the size of atoms after path variations, and compare them, to invalidate such a theory, on uniform curvature assumptions.  Something akin to general relativity might rescue it, however.  This is the path that leads to epicycles.

IMO this approach is a more interesting innovation: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1001.0785v1.pdf

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
what is deceiving mostly is the title of this thread.

I beg to differ. Depends on what "TA" means. It could very well mean "Trolling Anaphorically" which gratifies the title of the "Quality" in front of the abbreviation. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
what is deceiving mostly is the title of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment? It's funny how they demand you to prove your theory but refuse to prove theirs.

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

I saw a hyena once. They're much bigger than I thought they were.

Oh, just curious. How do you explain the Northern and Southern lights (Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis)?
legendary
Wait I have a question if this is true what does it mean? Is there another species living there or? what is the conclusion of why there hiding it or reason?

I don't know. The information on the matter suggests an alien race living on the other side of the North Pole's entrance/exit indeed. Perhaps that other world is like a paradise in comparison to our known Earth? If that's the case and if people all over the world knew about it, who would stop the Earth refugees from going to that paradise? You see what's happening to Europe due to sandnigger wererefugees swarming the whole place due to the activities of ISIS. They're destroying the Europe. Similar thing would happen to that "other world" beyond the North Pole opening when all earthlings started to travel there in hope of better life. It has to be kept in secret because human beings are so dumb that they wouldn't be able to populate a paradise-like place in a peaceful manner. They would just ruin it. At least here in the junk yard Earth which is actually a prison, we will just kill each other but out there we might harm something that deserves protection (unlike mankind).
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I flew over the North Pole last year on my flight from LAX to Hyderabad, India.  I was actually shocked to see where we were on the GPS map and it felt a bit unnerving to know I was so far from civilization if we needed to make an emergency landing. 

I guess for some long haul flights going over the pole is a shorter distance though.

If what you said is correct and you actually flew directly over the north pole then this is huge news. They don't allow flights directly over the north pole, not even the satellites. It's speculated that there is a polar opening directly at the north pole. The north pole does not exist because there's a large entrance/exit hole inside the crust of the Earth. For example, google maps are obviously glitchy at the north pole, what are they trying to hide?

Agree with you...sorta... , but you are defeating your own message by discussing a concave earth in any real sense other than one of many ideas.

We don't know the answers, however, we are not being purposely deceived, we are deceived by the arrogance of man's limited mind and by the sheeple mentality of the vast human population.

We want to have answers, we want "smart" people to provide them, we trust and build more answers upon their "facts". In the end we have a model of the world that is fiction but real enough for 99.99% of people on the planet.

well currently the concave earth model is my personal favourite but it does no way try to tell you that this is the most plausible one or whatever. If I left such an impression then it was not my intention. I just wanted to throw the concave earth model into the equation due to the fact that currently the flat earth model has gained a lot of popularity which makes people think that if you don't support the Copercnican system then you are automatically a flat earth believer, which is kind of dumb. There are shit load of theories out there and the flat earth theory is just one of them, with its own holes in it.

Wait I have a question if this is true what does it mean? Is there another species living there or? what is the conclusion of why there hiding it or reason?
legendary
By the way, here's a good educational video about the science mafia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-CBiuJJrk
legendary
I flew over the North Pole last year on my flight from LAX to Hyderabad, India.  I was actually shocked to see where we were on the GPS map and it felt a bit unnerving to know I was so far from civilization if we needed to make an emergency landing. 

I guess for some long haul flights going over the pole is a shorter distance though.

If what you said is correct and you actually flew directly over the north pole then this is huge news. They don't allow flights directly over the north pole, not even the satellites. It's speculated that there is a polar opening directly at the north pole. The north pole does not exist because there's a large entrance/exit hole inside the crust of the Earth. For example, google maps are obviously glitchy at the north pole, what are they trying to hide?

Agree with you...sorta... , but you are defeating your own message by discussing a concave earth in any real sense other than one of many ideas.

We don't know the answers, however, we are not being purposely deceived, we are deceived by the arrogance of man's limited mind and by the sheeple mentality of the vast human population.

We want to have answers, we want "smart" people to provide them, we trust and build more answers upon their "facts". In the end we have a model of the world that is fiction but real enough for 99.99% of people on the planet.

well currently the concave earth model is my personal favourite but it does no way try to tell you that this is the most plausible one or whatever. If I left such an impression then it was not my intention. I just wanted to throw the concave earth model into the equation due to the fact that currently the flat earth model has gained a lot of popularity which makes people think that if you don't support the Copercnican system then you are automatically a flat earth believer, which is kind of dumb. There are shit load of theories out there and the flat earth theory is just one of them, with its own holes in it.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
we are not being purposely deceived,

Oh we are. Climategate proved that and the TPP confirmed it.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

concave or not, there's one thing for sure: WE DON'T KNOW what the shape of the Earth is. There's not enough publicly available evidence to even support the Copernicus'es model. The important question is --- why are we being deceived and who is deceiving us?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
And what the hell is there on Antartica?

Ice, mostly.

Why is it a military guarded area where tourists are not allowed?

Tourists are allowed.
It may cost you a bit more than rpietila round the world trip, but with a bit of motivation you can go to Antartica.

And why is North Pole also a restricted area? This is pissing me off. I want answers.

It's not. Going there is mostly a matter of having enough money.

(But obviously these are just scam sites designed to make me feel like it's actually possible to get there, when in fact all reservations are canceled at the last minute. Sure.)

Not sure what all this discussion is about anyway?  I suppose there is something to the thought that there are other dimensions that we are not aware of, but the earth is a sphere within the dimension we currently are experiencing.  What more is out there?  We will find out after death I believe.  I just finished a book called "Imagine Heaven" by John Burke that speaks of NDE's and touches on extra dimensions people have encountered and it is exciting to ponder what more there is beyond what we see in our current physical state.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.
legendary
There's no distinction of truth or lie when it comes to a theory. There's only experimental proof. For instance, there's a strong possibility both earth curvature and flat earth theories be absolutely true (some complex mathematics, parabolic geometry and a unified gravitational field within a 5th dimension point could justify that both are -at the same time- right). Nevertheless, as I posted above (about my extraordinary claim of us populating a Dyson Sphere) there's lack of extraordinary evidence...

Pity. I could use the money from a Nobel prize to buy more coinz  Grin

This is correct. According to the Beatles we all live in the yellow submarine which is also a possibility no worse than all the other theories currently out there.

https://youtu.be/fbgGKCRF5X8?t=305

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
There's no distinction of truth or lie when it comes to a theory. There's only experimental proof. For instance, there's a strong possibility both earth curvature and flat earth theories be absolutely true (some complex mathematics, parabolic geometry and a unified gravitational field within a 5th dimension point could justify that both are -at the same time- right). Nevertheless, as I posted above (about my extraordinary claim of us populating a Dyson Sphere) there's lack of extraordinary evidence...

Pity. I could use the money from a Nobel prize to buy more coinz  Grin
legendary
A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

— Hawking, 1988, "A brief history of time"

Maybe Hyena got it right, and all the rest of us are too dumb to understand it... who knows? Roll Eyes

No need to assume that I believe in tortoises and dumb shit like that. To be honest, the flat earth theory doesn't appeal to me at all, but who knows, maybe it's the truth. What I do know is that current mainstream science is full of shit and even the primitive things such as the curvature of Earth (or lack of it) is yet to be disclosed. And what the hell is there on Antartica? Why is it a military guarded area where tourists are not allowed? And why is North Pole also a restricted area? This is pissing me off. I want answers.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

— Hawking, 1988, "A brief history of time"

Maybe Hyena got it right, and all the rest of us are too dumb to understand it... who knows? Roll Eyes
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
I have now operationalized 2 experiments that can disprove flat earth and ball-shaped earth, respectively:

1) Non-stop flight from Santiago, Chile to Auckland, NZ takes only 12 hours and is operated on a constant basis. It should be reasonably possible to board this flight as a passenger and observe all conditions during the flight. To happen on a flat earth, the airplane should be capable on flying almost double the usual cruising speed, because the distance between the places is almost double compared to the ball earth model (which fits the flight time given).

2) If North Star is visible south of Equator.
Take into account refraction at the horizon
Pages:
Jump to: