Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 31. (Read 907211 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
It's : [(Newton and Einstein provided a mathematical model of the world)

Einstein was a paid con artist. He was given an order to find a mathematical model to deceive the population.

AND (we launched satellites using this mathematical model)

We? Who are we? You and I? I didn't launch nothing, I didn't get to audit the launch, did you? How can you be sure it even happened? Even the fucking students who build satellites these days don't get to launch their own satellites. The hardware is sent to some space institution which gets to launch the satellite FOR THEM. Smells awfully like a man in the middle attack. So how can you trust this bullshit? I haven't been in space, I haven't been given a chance to audit NASA, therefore I discard everything they produce and label as "truth".

AND (those satellites send signals to your GPS)

Yes, keep repeating what you are told. What's your point anyway? You think I don't believe in satellites? There is zero gravity up there at some point, so obviously there are satellites and those can be used for the GPS to work.

AND (your GPS works)] => [the model provides an accurate description of the world]

And here you make strange implication. GPS works therefore mainstream science got it all right. WTF man? And this guy is telling me that I don't understand the scientific method. Don't make me laugh.

If you have a new mathematical model of the world, then you must :
- write down its equations,
- verify that, for all experiments done so far, it produces the same results within the error range of the previous experiments,
- propose a new experiment that should give a significantly different result between the old model and the new one,
- (optionally) realize the experiment, or wait for someone else to do it, to tell the 2 models apart.

If I have a new mathematical model of the world I don't have to do jack shit. Guess what happens if you threaten the fundamentals of the mainstream science? You get ignored, ridiculed and in worse cases even murdered. Guess how many people would have their egos shattered by a new mathematical model of the world? People will lose their jobs. The whole world is against such changes and they work together to silence any threats. The term "peer review" is a joke because all those peers only acknowledge science that does not conflict with their own understandings and they will criticise everything that threatens their description of the world. This is how human mind operates. It's called egomania and it's a collective sickness of the whole man kind.

The "gyroscope" uses a mathematical model of the world named "conservation of angular momentum". Do you trust this model ? Do you think that there is a gyroscope in your phone ? What is the minimal mass and speed of rotation that a gyroscope needs to have in order to provide a reliable way to measure the curvature of the Earth ? Do you think that it fits into your phone ?

I'm referring to the Sagnac effect which allows getting rid of the mechanical components of the gyroscope. Do I trust it? No, but I would be interested to know the results of those measurements. I don't trust it because I don't fully understand ether and whether ether itself revolves with Earth or not.

Foucault's pendulum.
You really haven't looked it up? Or you have a problem with it being "not publicly available"?

Of course I have looked it up and it's definitely interesting, but I see you itch so hard on making fun of me by stating this "not publicly available" bullshit that I don't even know if I have anything to discuss with you. The problem with the pendulum is that it doesn't allow me to determine the curvature of Earth, it just appears to demonstrate rotation but I wouldn't say it proves it yet since revolving could also be caused by the movement of ether rather than the Earth itself.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
I am confused and must be honest that i have not read the full discussion here but.....it's got to be round hasn't it? We've seen it from space and you can't see all the countries at once can you?

Surely flat you would.

What am I missing here?

As I said, I have only read a few posts.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I have now operationalized 2 experiments that can disprove flat earth and ball-shaped earth, respectively:

1) Non-stop flight from Santiago, Chile to Auckland, NZ takes only 12 hours and is operated on a constant basis. It should be reasonably possible to board this flight as a passenger and observe all conditions during the flight. To happen on a flat earth, the airplane should be capable on flying almost double the usual cruising speed, because the distance between the places is almost double compared to the ball earth model (which fits the flight time given).

2) If North Star is visible south of Equator.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
IIT Hyena trolls all Grin

As to Hyena's gravity video where part of the description is "Here, gravity is not a force between objects that pulls them together but instead, the objects expand in size" you are correct that gravity is not a force between objects that pulls them together.  That is a misconception as to how gravity works.

BTW I have an Albert Einstein action figure given to me by my gf. 
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
So what? GPS can perfectly function in the concave and even flat earth model. It doesn't prove shit. What I am interested in though is the gyroscope capability of the modern smartphones. With a gyroscope it is theoretically possible to determine the curvature of the Earth and even verify if the Earth is revolving or not.
Foucault's pendulum.
You really haven't looked it up? Or you have a problem with it being "not publicly available"?
legendary
Gravity fields do bend space-time that's basically how they work. Yes the universe is a bizarre place Smiley

Assuming that gravity as a force exists at all. I cannot stand such assumptions. We know nothing about gravity, even the top scientists themselves admit it, so why talk about the invisible dragon in someone's garage in the first place?

IMO gravity is not a force after all. It's just a physical effect caused by something that is yet to be known. I have constructed a simple computer simulation where gravity is caused by the equal and simultaneous expansion of all the atomic particles in the universe. Credits go to my brother though since he saw this concept in his dreams.

Here's my simulation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2opz-6HWro

And interestingly here's someone else's simulation of the very same concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboDTgped1E
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Usually when you have to dismiss every known aspect of physics, space and time, you can bet you are on the wrong side of logic.

Or trolling, still not sure. Apologies if not.

In my ventures, I seek to retain the ground of experimentation and logic. Experimentation made me witness a 33% reduction in apparent gravity, logic says that there might be something wrong in the gravity model if such things happen...

I'm not trolling. I'm simply not assuming anything taught by the public education system to be true or false. I look at the problem without any expectation bias at all. All I wanted to say was that there is one experiment that could settle the flat/concave/convex Earth debate once and for all --- and this experiment is the rectilineator experiment. Just draw a god damn straight line and compare it with the curvature of the Earth. It's the most robust and clear experiment we can do. It doesn't require any assumptions regarding properties of ether and light. It does assume that the space is not bent, however. But I thought that if the space itself is warped and bent somehow then the whole universe is just so bizarre that I would be better off not trying to understand it  Grin

Gravity fields do bend space-time that's basically how they work. Yes the universe is a bizarre place Smiley
legendary
I did read that, in fact. And really, I do not see any reason there to overthrow all of physics.

But let's not clutter Risto's thread with this nonsense. The only point I really wanted to make is that the notion that all scientists would be part of this giant conspiracy is ridiculous. (And in turn, anything that requires that to be true as well).

I'm not overthrowing all of physics. Just the parts that can have potentially originated from foul and corrupt sources.

As for mr. Reptile and his thread, he started the flat earth and dreaming fork, so why complain about the consequences?

Do you have a GPS in your phone ?
Does it make accurate predictions such as "where am I now" ?
It works because we KNOW the shape of the earth, with an error less than 1 meter for civilian use, and probably less than 1 cm for the military.

So what? GPS can perfectly function in the concave and even flat earth model. It doesn't prove shit. What I am interested in though is the gyroscope capability of the modern smartphones. With a gyroscope it is theoretically possible to determine the curvature of the Earth and even verify if the Earth is revolving or not.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
wow a lot of quality wall observation in here :|
But you don't understand.
They're taking down the wall of illusion and enforced ignorance; and using the bricks to build cities of enlightenment.

And with 33% less gravity and a concave earth, building those cities will be effortless... I think. The walls will practically build themselves, and then we may observe them.
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
But you don't understand.
They're taking down the wall of illusion and enforced ignorance; and using the bricks to build cities of enlightenment.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
S = k. log W
legendary
I don't think you have to believe in the concave earth theory to be validated as an outside the box thinker.....

I actually believe in a spacial reality that is almost certainly NOT what our best thinking provides today. Math as we have invented it and atomic and quantum models as we have conjured them are most certainly juvenile attempts to describe an as yet unknown reality of space, mass and time.

It's not about believing in anything!!!! When do you people understand that this is not about believing. The word "believe" is an utterly bad word and should be avoided at all cost. I don't give a shit what you believe. If you believe in god or in the flat earth model. What I give shit about is uncensored information, true evidence and honest knowledge.

The concave earth premise by itself is almost certainly another terribly inadequate model of how our world works and unfortunately its simplicity requires too much magic making in the brain.

Here's your tomb stone, the above quote. So just because you know how to paraphrase "me disagreeing with you without any arguments backing it up" in the English language you think you have made a point? Or even worse, you think you have discarded the concave earth theory?

Let me use your strategy. I'm going to say this:
The convex earth premise by itself is almost certainly another terribly inadequate model of how our world works and unfortunately its simplicity requires too much magic making in the brain.

So, that said, the Earth is definitely not convex and any research on the matter should be stopped immediately because it is just stupid. Why do you people even say stuff like that? It just shows your expectation bias which has absolutely no objective value to anyone. You could as well as say that you believe in god and dare everyone else to debunk the existence of god. It's dumb. Stop it.

What would work better for me is that there are real physical laws as yet not understood by any human, that connects all space, matter, and time... where things like sphere's and solar systems and galaxies are simply optical illusions created by the very limited senses provided to us humans.  To us these senses we are provided with help us validate our own inventions (math and physics) and nothing more. Unfortunately, we ultimately run into anomalies that we cannot explain that are artifacts of a the physical laws of which we know nothing about.... like sub atomic particles... and we are then left with multiple dimensions... and simultaneous realities... that help us cope with our inability to actually see and prevent us from throwing out everything we know because of our foolish pride.

concave or not, there's one thing for sure: WE DON'T KNOW what the shape of the Earth is. There's not enough publicly available evidence to even support the Copernicus'es model. The important question is --- why are we being deceived and who is deceiving us?

What problem does the concave Earth theory solve?

So here's your problem, you think you're so smart that you don't even bother to read my references. Here's one from
http://www.skepticfiles.org/ufo1/theory.htm

For fun, test yourself. Google "are you a quack", and read the first hit (by Warren Siegel). I actually have gotten quite a few emails with theories of people that I have to refer to this...

Enough though. I'll go on mute again for a few years...

So I looked it up what you meant by quack. It pretty much says "believe what you are told and don't ask questions, the authority is always right and if you don't agree with the authority then you are a crackpot"

What a dumb shit to say in hope of trying to silence the truth seekers.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Just because you are an astrophysicist doesn't mean you know anything about the shape of the Earth. You observe the stars, right? Not Earth -- stars. So how can you tell such a story? It's just a bunch of assumptions. If you truly were a proper scientist you would understand that. You don't know how the universe operates, stop making dumb assumptions.

What if the universe is surrounded by Earth and the farther away from earth you go the smaller you shrink? Yeah it may sound weird to us due to our expectation bias brainwashed into us by the public education but it is a possibility. And guess what, ALL THE MATH WOULD STILL WORK OUT. You could still do your astrophysics and you wouldn't see a difference. Come one, did I really have to tell you this? Why is it that you cannot come to the same conclusion on your own? This is how strictly you are thinking INSIDE THE BOX.

I'll ignore the ad hominem attack. Instead, let's ask the following question:

What problem does the concave Earth theory solve? A new theory is usually developed if there is a problem with the current theories. Subsequently, that new theory needs to make a testable prediction, preferably one that is different from the established science.

I have not even seen a reason why we would need a concave Earth theory in the first place. Nothing convincing I mean. There is nothing wrong with the understanding that the Earth is a ball-like planet. Trust me, there are many very smart outside of the box thinkers that happen to be scientists out there. With wild ideas that still make sense, both mathematically and conceptually. The concave Earth theory does not fall in that category.

For fun, test yourself. Google "are you a quack", and read the first hit (by Warren Siegel). I actually have gotten quite a few emails with theories of people that I have to refer to this...

Enough though. I'll go on mute again for a few years...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
I can't tell anymore whether you guys are kidding, serious, or trolling.  Huh

That would be 50-50... Smiley

Or 33-33-33???

Nah, kidding/trolling = 50, serious another 50.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

Or 33-33-33???
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment?

Every day I do research, in fact. I am an astrophysicist, and in my area of research we regularly have to exactly model the positions of all solar system bodies.

Let me tell you something about science: we do not all conspire together. In fact, science is a free for all. We are all (underpaid) competitors, dying to make a name for ourselves. If someone can show that the entire scientific consensus is wrong, such a person would gain eternal fame. The thing is, you have to do it convincingly. Most people who think they have overthrown the entire scientific consensus, and who are subsequently being ignored, usually just have not shown what they are conjecturing (and usually they are, indeed, wrong). If you think we would all conspire together, you are completely misunderstanding how this world works.

Just because you are an astrophysicist doesn't mean you know anything about the shape of the Earth. You observe the stars, right? Not Earth -- stars. So how can you tell such a story? It's just a bunch of assumptions. If you truly were a proper scientist you would understand that. You don't know how the universe operates, stop making dumb assumptions.

What's most infuriating is that a little mathematical fiddling turns
this crazy theory into a proposition that is virtually impossible to
refute.  The trick is done by *inversion*, a purely geometric
transformation that lets a methemetician turn shapes inside-out.  When a
sphere is inverted, ever point outside is mapped to a corresponding
point inside, and vice versa.
    The goemetry is quite simple.  If a sphere's center is "C" and its
radius is "r," then every outside point "P" maps to an inside point "P'"
such that "CP x CP' = r2" {that's "r squared" - Foxx}.
    {My apologies for not being able to include the accompanying
illustration.  - Foxx}
    Here's a good way to visualize it:  For any outside point "P" (on
the sun, or Pluto, or Cygnus X, for example), draw a circle that has
"CP" as its diameter.  From one of the two points where this circle
intersects the earth, draw a line perpendicular to "CP."  The
intersection point {of this perpendicular and "CP"} is the location of
"P'".

http://www.skepticfiles.org/ufo1/theory.htm

What if the universe is surrounded by Earth and the farther away from earth you go the smaller you shrink? Yeah it may sound weird to us due to our expectation bias brainwashed into us by the public education but it is a possibility. And guess what, ALL THE MATH WOULD STILL WORK OUT. You could still do your astrophysics and you wouldn't see a difference. Come one, did I really have to tell you this? Why is it that you cannot come to the same conclusion on your own? This is how strictly you are thinking INSIDE THE BOX.

I don't think you have to believe in the concave earth theory to be validated as an outside the box thinker.....

I actually believe in a spacial reality that is almost certainly NOT what our best thinking provides today. Math as we have invented it and atomic and quantum models as we have conjured them are most certainly juvenile attempts to describe an as yet unknown reality of space, mass and time.

The concave earth premise by itself is almost certainly another terribly inadequate model of how our world works and unfortunately its simplicity requires too much magic making in the brain.

What would work better for me is that there are real physical laws as yet not understood by any human, that connects all space, matter, and time... where things like sphere's and solar systems and galaxies are simply optical illusions created by the very limited senses provided to us humans.  To us these senses we are provided with help us validate our own inventions (math and physics) and nothing more. Unfortunately, we ultimately run into anomalies that we cannot explain that are artifacts of a the physical laws of which we know nothing about.... like sub atomic particles... and we are then left with multiple dimensions... and simultaneous realities... that help us cope with our inability to actually see and prevent us from throwing out everything we know because of our foolish pride.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.

I don't believe in a magma filled ball Earth theory either. It simply has too many holes in it. When was the last time Copernicus'es model was proven with a physics experiment?

Every day I do research, in fact. I am an astrophysicist, and in my area of research we regularly have to exactly model the positions of all solar system bodies.

Let me tell you something about science: we do not all conspire together. In fact, science is a free for all. We are all (underpaid) competitors, dying to make a name for ourselves. If someone can show that the entire scientific consensus is wrong, such a person would gain eternal fame. The thing is, you have to do it convincingly. Most people who think they have overthrown the entire scientific consensus, and who are subsequently being ignored, usually just have not shown what they are conjecturing (and usually they are, indeed, wrong). If you think we would all conspire together, you are completely misunderstanding how this world works.

The sad, bare, truth in a few sentences.
Pages:
Jump to: