Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 281. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 255
BitChicksHusband, please keep reading the Wikipedia: it wasn't demolished, and didn't suffer from the collapse of the Twin Towers. It collapsed due to fire. Still, I don't know what's so incredible about it. Oyvinds' gif is a strawman at its best, it's ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center#9.2F11_and_collapse

Depending on the building, fire might be enough or not. In Madrid in 2005 the Windsor Tower (103 meters high) burned like a torch but didn't collapse. Every case is different.

You're right, I got it confused with another one.  Still it clearly DID suffer from the collapse of the North Tower.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
- If the depopulationists ("TPTB") have enough power to finish off the intelligentsia, they don't need bitcoin to do it. Every totalitarian regime has found a way to quickly sanitize the population, fully without bitcoins, facebooks or anything. Just set quotas for the local psycho-sociopathic sheriff and go.

This wakes up the masses. They operate by more subtle means of deception, e.g. Bitcoin. The trick is to have people enslave themselves without knowing it. This is how the elite avoid losing their heads and retain control. Chaotic uprisings are very risky for them. They prefer nationalistic pride wars, where the foolish masses believe they are fighting for something justified.

- If they do not have the power for draconian activities, then targeting bitcoin owners does not give them much, but is a very great thing for the freedom people who get to tighten their ranks and perhaps wake up more and more people down the road.

No matter how I think about it, it looks like that the depopulationists have lost. I will have to write more about it for you to understand it,

No need to write more. You don't understand.

The problem with people like you are that almost all your theories assume one blatant falsehood - that there are super intelligent, cunning, strategic, and complex humans that pull the strings on society in some elaborate and complex ways.

When, in fact, people in "power" are mere mortals, individuals who are really more obsessed with daily issues in front of their faces, than sitting in some secret boardroom trying to devise the next sinister plot to control the world.

People with extreme wealth are not particulary intelligent. They are not particularly great at innovation, including the kind that would lead to complex social manipulation of masses.

People in power - elected officials or in communist states - inherited officials - or in military states - military officials - all 3 categories are unique and have unique skill sets that allow them to hold "power." Of the three, only military officials have any real skill at social manipulation, that being brute force. It is more of a tactical power than a strategic one, which is why military leaders are often the shortest lived regimes.

There are, instead, simply systems that have been created over the years as humans have fought for more "security" (another basic need) that now enable certain classes to have advantages over others. This is kind of a economic darwinian evolution of sorts. But the players who take advantage of these systems today act much more out of tactics than strategy.

And you give them WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT.

This is right. I'll add to it, that those in power are there because they crave it and will do anything to get it, which means stabbing people in the back, being mercenary and other generally selfish things.

By definition this makes them not team players.

It makes no sense then, that "they" are all in cahoots.

No honour amongst thieves.

Anonymint - Don't bother with your standard (arrogant) "you don't understand" response just because I don't lap up your every word. I liked your post, about white slavery, it had good points.

Some of us have one eye on the possibility that bitcoin will change the world in ways the so called "beta" males prophesize, and another eye on how to make BTC work for us within the confines of the current system. The thing I understand, is that I cannot possibly *know* what is going to happen. You speak so assuredly on this topic that it gives the impression that you seem to think you *do* know.

I read all the entropy stuff. I get that. It leads to nihilistic thinking, and ultimately doesn't help your local reality. I think more attention to the probabalist nature of things, with leaning towards practical application of your theories will serve you better. Until something happens, it has neither resolved one way or another. Prepare for either. You (probably) aren't going to change *the* world more likely you can change *your* world.

aminorex, compliments to your superior communication skills. Okay back to TA now. I am done. Thanks for the discussion all.

The reason he hates sin so much is sin really is anything that causes harm to others.

What do you do when you can't do anything without harming someone. It is impossible to never harm someone due to the Butterfly effect. You are basically asking for gridlock and communism.

I call BS on that. Although your intentions are good, the recurrent outcome of your stated ideology is horrific genocide which is the antithesis of your intention. As far as I can see, the Bible doesn't talk about not harming (although harming shouldn't be and helping should be an individualized goal but not a global requirement, e.g. I can help someone individually whose situation I know), rather it pushes the value of individualism and focusing on what you can do rather than judging others (c.f. Matthew 7). The point of the 10 Commandments is that individualism is destroyed by disrespecting property rights. Then you need a government (idol) to enforce (collective) theft.

When the Bible says there is only one King and only one law, what it means is a one-on-one relationship between you and your creator (c.f. Matthew 6:5). For scientists and atheists, let's look at this from the perspective of knowledge spawns accretively from individual fitness to individual situations. I got more in depth on this when I was working out the type theory of computer languages (yeah I know you wonder what in the heck would type theory have to do it). Here is the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/scala-debate/vysv97J0xok/ikiNtik33QsJ

Matthew 22
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Sin is harm to yourself or others.  If you love others, you won't do it.  If everyone truly loved everyone else perfectly, there would be no need for laws.  This is what Jesus said right here.

The point of the 10 commandments is that disobeying them leads you to harm others.  If you disrespect your parents, lie, cheat, steal, kill, covet the things you can't have, you will become an evil person that harms others.

Adam Smith and John Nash show that fallacy of your Butterfly Effect argument, as they prove that when everyone does good to each other society profits greatly and everyone gets wealthy.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
BitChicksHusband, please keep reading the Wikipedia: it wasn't demolished, and didn't suffer from the collapse of the Twin Towers. It collapsed due to fire. Still, I don't know what's so incredible about it. Oyvinds' gif is a strawman at its best, it's ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center#9.2F11_and_collapse

Depending on the building, fire might be enough or not. In Madrid in 2005 the Windsor Tower (103 meters high) burned like a torch but didn't collapse. Every case is different.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Of course not.. I believe the same terrorist who bombed that building could be monitoring you right now and flying a drone in america and other parts of the world  Grin  Grin

[/quote]

well then we have an understanding.

But we still dont know who or exactly what for.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
no creekbore, I believe they used fundamental analysis and a daily trend line to bring it down, but they never understood afterwards why it collapsed before the plane hit  Huh

... should have studied herd psychology aye   Grin

Well, I'm completely baffled now (but then it doesn't take much).

From Wikipedia:

As the North Tower collapsed on September 11, 2001, heavy debris hit 7 World Trade Center, damaging the south face of the building[36] and starting fires that continued to burn throughout the afternoon. The collapse also caused damage to the southwest corner between Floors 7 and 17 and on the south face between Floor 44 and the roof; other possible structural damage included a large vertical gash near the center of the south face between Floors 24 and 41.

It's well-known that no plane hit WTC7.  It was damaged by the giant building right next to it collapsing (it's the red one):

Nobody disputes that it was demolished by the city for being unsafe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Doesnt matter who you thought did it, 9/11 was a conspiracy by definition.

the building imploded without being hit by a plane. is that really suspicious in a 'terrorist' attack? no, they could plant bombs.

What is suspicious, is why the US officials are not open to discussion of this subject. why do they bash the engineers that disprove their theoroies. The US has thus been exposed.

Although the exact identities of the 'terrorists' will never be known for sure, so the US government may as well have nodded along to theories about planned demolition.
I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Demolition experts can be terrorists, American and white all at the same time. but we will never know for sure.
Is that building open 24hrs a day? How could terrorists bring in lots of explosives and drill the columns without anyone noticing it?  Grin

but have you fallen for the propoganda that all terrorist must be unsophisticated and arabic?   lol ^^
Of course not.. I believe the same terrorist who bombed that building could be monitoring you right now and flying a drone in america and other parts of the world  Grin  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
after treading water, creeping up all night, Huobi just came to life with a ~400 BTC buy.

The bulls, beat to hell for four months, may be mounting an offensive. Last stand or worm turning?
legendary

the building imploded without being hit by a plane. is that really suspicious in a 'terrorist' attack? no, they could plant bombs.

What is suspicious, is why the US officials are not open to discussion of this subject. why do they bash the engineers that disprove their theoroies. The US has thus been exposed.

Although the exact identities of the 'terrorists' will never be known for sure, so the US government may as well have nodded along to theories about planned demolition.
I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Demolition experts can be terrorists, American and white all at the same time. but we will never know for sure.
Is that building open 24hrs a day? How could terrorists bring in lots of explosives and drill the columns without anyone noticing it?  Grin

I think you miss the point. whoever planted those explosives was certainly a terrorist.

but have you fallen for the propoganda that all terrorist must be unsophisticated and arabic?   lol ^^

Maybe like this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIV3DVxKBO8

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
no creekbore, I believe they used fundamental analysis and a daily trend line to bring it down, but they never understood afterwards why it collapsed before the plane hit  Huh

... should have studied herd psychology aye   Grin

I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Perhaps they used an Elliot Wave Wink
legendary

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Yeah, but societies are becoming less and less easily manipulated with the information age. However, in parts of the world where they are cut off propaganda works.

contrarily, in a world where information dissemination is easier and cheaper than ever before, but a small few control the spigot, propaganda is that much more powerful.

proprietized media like TV is an excellent example of this. a cabal of wealthy movie producers, news channel operators, and advertising giants control the majority of the content that is gluttonously spewed into the the minds of millions daily, reinforcing ideological precedents that perpetuate class, race, gender, and other inequalities, and marginalizing radical ideologies by controlling the ratios of exposure, and by negative framing.

the internet may be a step in the right direction, but until it fully supplants TV as the king of media dissemination, and unless the tactics used by interested parties like JTRIG and the NSA that are destructive to open discourse are successfully combated, the information age will be synonymous with the age of propaganda.

--arepo
This is in my opinion very true. The less you think you are "propagandised" - the more you are. Every book on the subject matter will tell you. Decentralisation of news and information is not yet here. Good post.
LOL, four pages back Risto said:

and we get back to TA.

before launching into a four page discussion about life, the universe and everything (other than BTC TA) Cheesy

Activity: 544
Quality TA has now left the building   Roll Eyes
Activity: 504
I heard Mark K. does not have an alibi for 9/11???

Activity: 518
Merit: 521
I had forgotten how insightful this essay was (even though it could be improved):

http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Demise%20of%20Finance,%20Rise%20of%20Knowledge.html

I was obviously in a better health condition because I can barely read it now (my concentration is really suffering lately).

I worked very hard to get financialsense.com, marketoracle.co.uk, and gold-eagle.com to publish it (as they had published some of my prior essays), they refused. In particular Chris Sheridan at financialsense said that it was of no value to their readers.

I just fixed the broken links on that essay. In particular, mpettis.com was hacked and my old comments are only available on the internet archive. Here is the one about China which was probably about the time Risto got (mildy) offended by my comments about China as follows:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130410170312/http://www.mpettis.com/2012/10/07/how-to-be-a-china-bull/#comment-17629

windjc, I originally posted very far upthread (week or so ago) to reply to a post from Risto (the creator of the thread) about the adoption.

Lately there was some mention of FA vs. TA. So I provided some FA (fundamental analysis) and tied into the current TA w.r.t. to April 15 deadlines.

I also took this opportunity to try to impart some wisdom to Risto (hoping to see him on the winning side) and in the process hopefully touched a few others who might be interested. No doubt I probably offended many others.

Also I made posts in this thread about TA comparing the shape (but compressed duration) of the current BTC crash to that of silver's since 2011.

And why are you so offended? Because your world view is threatened by the facts you'd prefer everyone ignore. I am not impressed by those who are afraid of reason and truth.
Jump to: