Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 285. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Why is everyone still treating the China news as unconfirmed? I assumed the second drop was due to its confirmation.

In a shorter timeframe, is obvious inverse head and shoulders obvious to anyone else? The problem are those walls to $530.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
Risto,
OK...back to the TA.

You stated a while back regarding the likelihood of breaking 550 (which has been and gone) and I imagine you are still bullish for the next quarter.

But with Chinese funds looking increasingly insecure, where is the new money going to come from?  It seems unlikely to come from a 'new' market like China was a new market last year.  So, if we can no longer count on fresh 'geographic' markets, then it has to come from sectors within established markets.

I know that many here dismiss news as effecting the market but for me BTC is one of the most sentiment driven markets around (similar to metals) -- with so much negative news/sentiment are you still as confident that institutional investment with flow in later this year?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
A picture like that has to be a joke. obviously.

Rpietila, Do you think we have hit another bottom?

This event has unfolded in a classic elliot wave. high volume on the third wave, wedge (dry liqiudity) fourth, exhaustion by the fifth (465), and now a sharp reaction.

The bottom must come within a couple days of this if the news is legit right? because the decision necessary to make by all the chinese investors is pretty straight forward.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I have had funnier costumes than that, but the problem is that reporters take photos and upload them to stay forever in the Internet, and the original context (why it is funny/satirical/younameit) is totally lost Sad

Were they ever funnier then this piece of evidence, shown on the Finnish national TV channel:

They can't be more embarrassing like that one. Especially with you looking like you aren't kidding around here, and you are actually exhibiting your wealth in this manner with serious intentions. That picture isn't showing you as a very respectable individual. Right?
But we all knew that you were kidding around with this picture, and were just playing a role of an stereo-typical douchebag, just so you could fool everyone. Actually you are an highly skilled businessman, who is a straight shooter and with an impeccable reputation in both Finland and Estonia, right?  Smiley

I commissioned that commercial video where that screenshot is taken from, and paid about € 1,000 for it. The scene was scripted by myself. I was an actor in that part (in total we had about 6 actors).

The audio was "Moni luulee, että hopeaan sijoittaminen on tätä" (transl. "many believe that investing in silver means THIS") [showing the funny picture] - and then going on to show for about 5 minutes that investing in silver is not the thing depicted in the photo of the funny guy, but a quite normal activity that you can do using your laptop.

If you take a screenshot from an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie and use it as a proof of something he is in his personal life, judging his morality, etc. and he is not qualified to hold a public office, AREN'T YOU JUST DAMN STUPID confusing things?  Cheesy

And this marks the end of the discussion in this thread. I am painfully aware that trolls are sent to attack me to consume my time so every time I answer, it has to be definite, so that we can move on.

Zapffe, you make your own thread now please, and we get back to TA.

EDIT: Oh man, just looking at that picture I start to remember how fun it was to stage it. Notice especially the vessel in the head (seriously, wtf!), the flowers, and the ugly-shaped Chinese porcelain vase in the corner, with depiction of Mao Tse-Tung meeting Chou En-Lai, with the flag of the PROC clearly visible. If you can do that in all seriousness in your country, the blame is on you, savages Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Add: putting it on national TV seems to imply Risto is still hated by the TPTB or at least some powerful group in Finland? So perhaps that paints the understanding that he is on our side of the battle ahead.

Yes, that's it. It's all a conspiracy of the Finnish elite. It always is..

Granted it may just be a sign of the times, and again I want nothing to do with the desires of the masses to introspect the anus of every personality. If they didn't have so much spare time on their hands due to $223 trillion debt, perhaps they would be busier doing actual work than standing around by the mineral water dispenser or whacking off in their cubicle (the suppliers of the cybersex to office "workers" in the West are right here in the Philippines where I am ... hey you didn't know I was watching you did you).

How did a man hugging his silver become newsworthy enough to be on national TV?

I am remembering all the crazy shenanigans we did as young men that was more newsworthy than that and we didn't even make it into the local newspaper.

Okay I realize nowadays people want to watch Britney Spears brush her teeth, but I thought you Europeans prided yourself on not emulating/importing Boobus Americana (or maybe that is just the French?).

Grin

Any way, I am damn glad I never returned to the USA after my car died in the middle of the CA desert in 2006 (because I forgot to add oil absent minded as I am) and when I asked for a ride at 3am to nearest service station at the rest stop, the people were literally freaking out and threatening to call the police. The police had to give me that ride. I don't know what happened to USA, but I am happy to be far away from that psychosis. The drug use is really pervasive now in the USA as I hear from my teenagers. And I hear from a Belgium teenager that the youth in Europe are heavy smokers.  (hey drug rights activists please don't get angry at me for not wanting maryjane to be around my teenagers)

Seems like we can't really say anything these days without pissing on someone's politics. Sigh. Any way back to something productive...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
I was promised quality ta.

edit: it's ok, I went back a page and found some charts with lines.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Add: putting it on national TV seems to imply Risto is still hated by the TPTB or at least some powerful group in Finland? So perhaps that paints the understanding that he is on our side of the battle ahead.

Yes, that's it. It's all a conspiracy of the Finnish elite. It always is..
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
People had shut down a bit, including me who was one of his biggest detractors because he talks less shit and act more as normal guy than utter lunatic he did back in April/May/June 2013 when he was talking nonsense of 300 000$ coins by the end of the year and other shit.

He still has a bit of assholness in him but I could handle the amount he is sending out these days though Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Zapffe why there is bad blood between you and Risto? I never saw him acting unethically.

I also did not before ^^ dat pick. I mean wtf am I looking at there? Perhaps "unethically" isn't the right word BUT WHAT THE ... F? AM I LOOKING AT THERE? context pls

Risto is a successful precious metals dealer - and this is a flamboyant depiction of someone who simply loves silver. Mr. Pietila became a Bitcoin millionaire in the months following the first time I saw this image. Given the strength of then bullish convictions and his obvious resultant success, the majority of his early detractors have moved on, or shut up.

I, for one, welcomed his perspective as a precious metals dealer, his cheerful optimism, his ambitions, and his analysis skills. I cannot think of any other whale who is this transparent. He really does not need this forum, but I think we need him. In particular, his Bitcoin Savings Plan has been a model for my own holdings.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
GG risto
Zapffe why there is bad blood between you and Risto? I never saw him acting unethically.

I know of his business model before so you don't need to detail it. But a daily fix was the way clear the market efficiently which is what was popular as evidenced by his success with it. Are you saying proper disclosure wasn't made for the level of control he had in the fix that was not purely algorithmic? Any way, I know nothing about that if so. I wasn't involved. I was just buying and selling silver briefly and did some trades with Risto who needed to source silver for his growing customer base.

P.S. "They" (I am not clear who is who and what the associations are) banned me from their cryptocrypt forum because I was speaking these heresies about Bitcoin. So I do agree that their ideas about being great managers of the future of Bitcoin is just ego masturbation. They will discover that bottom-up chaos reigns. Society-wide top-down order is always owned by the collective, i.e. government and its coming sinking Titanic effect.

Bad blood is a little strong phrase for that. It's mainly my personal issue with a certain type of character. He has constantly stated that he is planning to leave this forum. I think that I should express my issue while I still can.
He is just a young man joking around.

And their group seems to have some leanings towards thinking they would be better managers of the future than their current elite, something like a theory that someone has to be the rich so it might as well be them instead of dinosaurs Buffet, Soros, Kissinger, Rockefeller, etc. I am probably not fully capturing their psychology (and I don't even know if it is a cohesive grouping nor who the members are) but none of us are perfect.

Don't all men want to be a king of their home life at least?

I guess I despise politics so much that I don't pay attention to whether someone would be a good leader or not, because I believe in leaderless organization as much as possible.

I do however recognize that a software project such as Bitcoin or altcoin requires a Benevolent Dictator otherwise chaos, bickering and nothing gets done. Gavin may be the BDFL in the Bitcoin system, and we see he meets with the CIA, Mt.Gox, etc..

Any way I don't won't to win political points. I want to win insurmountable algorithmic and feature points.

I know of his business model before so you don't need to detail it. But a daily fix was the way clear the market efficiently which is what was popular as evidenced by his success with it. Are you saying proper disclosure wasn't made for the level of control he had in the fix that was not purely algorithmic? Any way, I know nothing about that if so. I wasn't involved. I was just buying and selling silver briefly and did some trades with Risto who needed to source silver for his growing customer base.

P.S. "They" (I am not clear who is who and what the associations are) banned me from their cryptocrypt forum because I was speaking these heresies about Bitcoin. So I do agree that their ideas about being great managers of the future of Bitcoin is just ego masturbation. They will discover that bottom-up chaos reigns. Society-wide top-down order is always owned by the collective, i.e. government and its coming sinking Titanic effect.
I have had funnier costumes than that, but the problem is that reporters take photos and upload them to stay forever in the Internet, and the original context (why it is funny/satirical/younameit) is totally lost Sad

Were they ever funnier then this piece of evidence, shown on the Finnish national TV channel:

http://static.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/13549021_503_uu.jpg

They can't be more embarrassing like that one. Especially with you looking like you aren't kidding around here, and you are actually exhibiting your wealth in this manner with serious intentions. That picture isn't showing you as a very respectable individual. Right?
But we all knew that you were kidding around with this picture, and were just playing a role of an stereo-typical douchebag, just so you could fool everyone. Actually you are an highly skilled businessman, who is a straight shooter and with an impeccable reputation in both Finland and Estonia, right?  Smiley
Activity: 30
Since that one was taken, more than 1 million € is invested to the building. My estimate is that 2-4 million more will be required in 3 years.

If full of hotel customers, it can generate 3 million revenue per year. Cost side is less than 1 million. Of course the trick is how to keep it full or how to pay the million in case the house is empty. Wink

This is a Bitcoin project - if Bitcoin succeeds, not only I have lots of money, I also have lots of customers flocking to see me and each other.

If Bitcoin fails, I have neither money, nor customers, and will have to sell it at a loss.

C'est la vie  Grin

I have some history with old buildings in Helsinki, Suomenlinna. A building complex twice as big. Problems with moisture, mold, permits...etc. It costed 8 millions to fix those old houses. Didn't own them thank god, nor paid.
I personally wish you good luck with this. A bold move, I don't have balls to do the same.

Those old manors eat your money and are really, really hard to get rid of.
My old man use to say "it's not how much you make, but how much you manage to keep in the end"

Malla manor will take another 2-4 million before it will bring any money. And after that, I hope you can keep something.

Good luck!
I am not gloating about his manor. Only wishing he could have invested that to become $100 millionaire first.

My opinion is Risto is repeating the mistake I made in 2012 and also in 2001 buying remote hideaway land. Perhaps it is a middle-age rite of passage. I don't wish for him to fail with it. I just recognize the pattern. And I don't discourage anyone from joining in his fun there. I thought he was coming to Thailand nearer to me, then suddenly I hear Estonia.

Even $billionaires have to make this mistake at least once in order to learn:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-26/billionaires-buying-islands-off-australia-find-perilous-paradise.html

Except for Buffet who said his bathtub is his beachfront property in his modest Omaha home.

Emotional discipline is as important as cunning math skills. I lack the emotional discipline to be a great speculator. I have excellent endurance discipline meaning I can persevere for long periods of sacrifice (perhaps abetted from being a competitive long-distance runner before), but I am very susceptible to rash short-term decisions and don't like to be on call (tied to a pager) every minute of day and night to sustain flexibility to changing arbitrage opportunities and stop-losses.

I try now to do nothing when I am pressured, i.e. no decision, and try to avoid being in such situations.
donator
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Since that one was taken, more than 1 million € is invested to the building. My estimate is that 2-4 million more will be required in 3 years.

If full of hotel customers, it can generate 3 million revenue per year. Cost side is less than 1 million. Of course the trick is how to keep it full or how to pay the million in case the house is empty. Wink

This is a Bitcoin project - if Bitcoin succeeds, not only I have lots of money, I also have lots of customers flocking to see me and each other.

If Bitcoin fails, I have neither money, nor customers, and will have to sell it at a loss.

C'est la vie  Grin

It makes me think of this... maybe you need to buy a cloak with a popped collar?

donator

C'est la vie  Grin
Activity: 30
I just wanted to tell you that I am finalizing the purchase of Malla Manor this week, and we will have a party there starting Friday.

https://i.imgur.com/PBCbZKd.png

Malla will be (probably) the first high-class Bitcoin retreat centre in the world. 100% owned by me, it offers 5000 sqm floor area (some under renovation) and currently 127 acres of land. The property is in the middle of beautiful countryside in Estonia, just 1 hour from Tallinn airport.
That place is a total dump... None of what you see in that image is real - the image has been manipulated. Look at the side wall and you can see how bad of shape it really is. Look at the driveway... does that look like anything but a 2D color gradient?

Either rpietila was joking or he is buying a fixer upper.

http://www.mois.ee/pic_viru/malla_tag.jpg
Jump to: