Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 289. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I don't think we will see 500 ever again  Wink

I'm sticking with my plan with orders below 500. I'll get myself a few ounces of silver if this wont get filled  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Perhaps about 1-2 weeks, I have had an urge to sell. Not just for profit but just sell, permanently. Even a little. To "balance the portfolio" because you never know what happens, good or bad.

Last time I had the same feeling was in September, and I yielded. And felt so good for 1 week. But after 2 months it felt like the stupidest blunder ever.

No, I am not selling this time Smiley I just shared this with you as one of the indicators of a bottom.

Good call.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Perhaps about 1-2 weeks, I have had an urge to sell. Not just for profit but just sell, permanently. Even a little. To "balance the portfolio" because you never know what happens, good or bad.

Last time I had the same feeling was in September, and I yielded. And felt so good for 1 week. But after 2 months it felt like the stupidest blunder ever.

No, I am not selling this time Smiley I just shared this with you as one of the indicators of a bottom.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I just think Keynesians are fucking retarded. Have you ever read what they believe?

The Keynesian system would work quite well if the Bancor, as conceived by Kenynes, or another international reserve currency was used as the world's reserve currency rather than USD.

There is a natural tension between domestic currency which demands stability, and a reserve currency which demands liquidity. The current system uses this factor, called the Triffen Dilemma, to facilitate deficit spending. The result is that the negative repercussions of US debt, the external cost, is transferred to the rest of the world, especially the developing world.

This allows us to continue to borrow and inflate our way out of it. Basically is a way to make our books look balanced, because "someone else" is paying a lot of the costs of extracting resources and processing them for market for use. The end result is a massive imbalance in our economic system that will eventually correct and reallocate the human capital that we have misallocated to hide the true nature of this corrupt system.

So, we are abusing the Keynesian system, basically. It's a corrupt system, bottom line.

This is why China is calling for SDR etc.
legendary
Activity: 1008
I know this is TA thread but you should take this in to account: rumors that gox btc has been found:

http://theblogchain.com/news/mtgox-found-bitcoin/

Not sure whether to be happy or sad about Mt.Gox constantly staying in the spotlight for one reason or other... :/
Activity: 30
I know this is TA thread but you should take this in to account: rumors that gox btc has been found:

http://theblogchain.com/news/mtgox-found-bitcoin/
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
This would make for a great academic paper!

I'm starting to think there is a lot of low-hanging fruit that would make interesting research papers.  We need to found J Bitcoin.  This forum is useful for brainstorming and vetting ideas, but I think a lot of good work gets lost and forgotten in the noise.  It would be useful to publish highly-polished peer-reviewed manuscripts in an archival format accessible to everyone.

Yeah, I've been pestering my academic colleagues in economics (I am myself a prof. of chemical engineering) to publish a paper that addresses something to do with Bitcoin... but they either laugh or take the idea seriously, but the serious ideas they will consider is how to prove that Bitcoin is a bubble Sad

*sigh*

Haha, that's because nearly all academic economics are Keynesians and therefore a lost cause.

The bitcoin nutcases are scary people who should stay far away from power.
"Haha, education and all the academics are full of crap! Not that I have often picked up a book or finished college, but I saw a really kick-ass Youtube video, that gave me a strong feeling that it's all crap!"
The previous mentality is pretty common among the bitcoin nutcases.

It's my humble opinion, that the bitcoin nutcases are even scarier people then the Bolsheviks, because at least they valued education..

I have a PhD and I value education tremendously.

I just think Keynesians are fucking retarded. Have you ever read what they believe? Cheesy

I don't even have to read what they believe to know that they are retarded because in my book anyone who values humanity or society in terms of economic output and employment rate is fucking retarded, no matter what theory they believe in.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

I'm starting to think there is a lot of low-hanging fruit that would make interesting research papers.  We need to found J Bitcoin.  This forum is useful for brainstorming and vetting ideas, but I think a lot of good work gets lost and forgotten in the noise.  It would be useful to publish highly-polished peer-reviewed manuscripts in an archival format accessible to everyone.

Yeah, I've been pestering my academic colleagues in economics (I am myself a prof. of chemical engineering) to publish a paper that addresses something to do with Bitcoin... but they either laugh or take the idea seriously, but the serious ideas they will consider is how to prove that Bitcoin is a bubble Sad

*sigh*

Haha, that's because nearly all academic economics are Keynesians and therefore a lost cause.

"Haha, education and all the academics are full of crap! Not that I have often picked up a book or finished college, but I saw a really kick-ass Youtube video, that gave me a strong feeling that it's all crap!"

It's my humble opinion, that the bitcoin nutcases are even scarier people then the Bolsheviks, because at least they valued education..

I have a PhD and I value education tremendously.

I just think Keynesians are fucking retarded. Have you ever read what they believe? Cheesy
donator
People far overestimate the ability to pick tops and bottoms. I am better than most, because at least my trading is profitable. Still I typically only capture 30% of the full extent of a move, such as $100 per coin on average if the move was from 700->400.

Good for you that your trading is profitable, I know you took some serious losses to MtGox/sturles but atleast you didn't loose everything.

My Feb was actually positive despite of it, cause I nailed the 400 dip. You should care about sturles, because he is the one who must have got hit with his beloved exchange..:/
Activity: 3
Trying to trade it is suicidal...

Sorry can you elaborate? Why is the risk larger now than at any other time?
Or do you refer to a downwards trend only?
donator
Surely that remains a possibility (with quite high probability actually, because 375-400 is a support that likes to be tested), but who cares really at this point? Trying to trade it is suicidal, and if you're accumulating, it does not so much matter. Waiting a few months takes care of the problem. (Yes I understand that this is a TA thread, sorry for belittling its importance  Grin )

People far overestimate the ability to pick tops and bottoms. I am better than most, because at least my trading is profitable. Still I typically only capture 30% of the full extent of a move, such as $100 per coin on average if the move was from 700->400.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Obviously a bounce off of the historical 540 support level was entirely to be expected. It would look really weird if that didn't happen.

It will still take the next couple weeks to determine whether that was really a bottom or a trap, looking something like this:

Two things to note are that the volume and the order books are tiny.

Of course I am prepared to surrender if the 1D crosses, and again on the 3D.

donator
I was having a feeling that this might have been the bottom. You know, they come when you least expect it. I don't believe that anyone expected it now, so the chances are - up! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
Austrian economists have a very specific criticism of Keynesianism. Keynesianism is modeled on physics, but it's not a physical science. It's a social science. The subjective theory of value and marginal utility render utility an impossible thing to quantify in aggregate. Market actors are not fungible, interchangeable units. We are all individuals.
Activity: 28

*sigh*

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

*sigh*

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
the whole world is a bubble
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

*sigh*

I am doing my thesis about Bitcoin and considerig including this stuff Wink
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Seriously... let's make J Bitcoin happen.

(sounds like something the Bitcoin Foundation might give a seed grant to support)

I'm on board.  I think we should gauge community interest over the next while and discuss the logistics of how this could best be accomplished.  I like your idea of approaching the Bitcoin Foundation for a seed grant--supporting an academic journal would shine a positive light on them too.    

Not much money is needed to start an online open-access journal. I believe the main effort will be to find qualified and motivated academics to edit the journal. They could well be young post-docs.

I wonder if the University of Nicosia in Cyprus might be interested? They are starting a Masters in Digital Currency soon.
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
Fantastic work gentlemen. This adds not only to this thread but to the community as a whole.
Jump to: