Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 351. (Read 907212 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Want to bet for a box of cigars that it won't go below $500 this year? ( edit: Mt.Gox price )

In March, 2013 I made a public bet for a sum of 7 bitcoins (<$1,000 back then). I got a call from the police, because soliciting public bets is illegal where I live. Therefore I have to structure all bets as financial instruments and have them in the books of my company in another country. And to make this profitable for me, they have to be for a quite large amount, and also give better odds than I could have just by using other options at my disposal.

So this ain't so much fun as it should be Sad
donator
He will buy some more after we go to ATHs. After all, he thinks we are going to $1 million. He would be silly not to buy more if he has the fiat to.

The wisest choice would have been to delete your post, just because it tends to degenerate the thread to endless and fruitless debate over my investment decisions. One of the reasons this was started is that you can keep discussing about me in Adam's wall observer.

Why is it fruitless? Because I already have my own strategy, I have told it to you (buy back some at <$400 if it is visited, otherwise nothing).

Why is it endless? Because I have said that 400 can happen any time before March, and probably only in June I will remove the bids, giving it up and keeping the fiat. The average attention span here is hours, not months.

So there is no point in asking every time it goes up/down, if I have bought or will soon buy back. What determines my buyback is the price, not the time. We have had this same talk numerous times, and could have it many more times, but it does not add anything, nor change anything. I am past the point of having the highest number of bitcoins that I will ever have (probably).

So how about everyone adding something of value to the discussion? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Hey rpietila. How is your sale in the 600s doing? Do you still intend to turn a profit on it?

Either way I make a profit. If it goes to 400, I make more coins, if it doesn't, I make more dollars.*

*Compared to the average dishoarding schedule.

Besides I already made that dip by selling 900, buying back 500. Everything else is extra.

Oh brother  Roll Eyes  By your argument, there is no unprofitable trade because you can just wait for the price to move in your favor over an infinite time scale.  Beware listening to this guy.

He will buy some more after we go to ATHs. After all, he thinks we are going to $1 million. He would be silly not to buy more if he has the fiat to.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hey rpietila. How is your sale in the 600s doing? Do you still intend to turn a profit on it?

Either way I make a profit. If it goes to 400, I make more coins, if it doesn't, I make more dollars.*

Besides I already made that dip by selling 900, buying back 500. Everything else is extra.

Oh brother  Roll Eyes  By your argument, there is no unprofitable trade because you can just wait for the price to move in your favor over an infinite time scale.  Beware listening to this guy.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
Want to bet for a box of cigars that it won't go below $500 this year? ( edit: Mt.Gox price )

Uhhh... rpietila might have more coins by morning...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Do you get cigars for free? Or do you just like wasting money? lol
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

This year? Grin Grin Grin If it isnt going below this year, then probably it never is.

It's hard to collect on a bet against "never".
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

This year? Grin Grin Grin If it isnt going below this year, then probably it never is.
Excluding the inevitable crash to $0 of course.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
donator

Has your confidence in 500ish boosted in the last days? It seems that right now we are following the April`s crash pattern. Lowest point maybe mid Feb.?

I have been busy with other matters, and have not updated the analysis on price. It is not a big deal really - if it goes to my buy zone, I wake up and see that I have bought. If not, I will keep the cash. I am not buying anything above 500 for sure, that zone is for newbies Wink
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Has your confidence in 500ish boosted in the last days? It seems that right now we are following the April`s crash pattern. Lowest point maybe mid Feb.?
donator

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Re overstock et filia:

More use means more flow means more liquidity means more price discovery means less volatility means more confidence means more demand means higher price.

But it's a long chain, and any link can prove weak.  It's also a long pipeline and it takes time for inputs to be expressed as outputs.

I would organize the thoughtful situations you offer not as a path, but rather as a Bayesian Influence Diagram . . .

The diagram is shared here.

PFFFT.  You didn't really even try...  And  two dimensions is just so "pre ASIC".

much clearer, thank you
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Re overstock et filia:

More use means more flow means more liquidity means more price discovery means less volatility means more confidence means more demand means higher price.

But it's a long chain, and any link can prove weak.  It's also a long pipeline and it takes time for inputs to be expressed as outputs.

I would organize the thoughtful situations you offer not as a path, but rather as a Bayesian Influence Diagram . . .

PFFFT.  You didn't really even try...  And  two dimensions is just so "pre ASIC".

Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Re overstock et filia:

But it's a long chain, and any link can prove weak.  It's also a long pipeline and it takes time for inputs to be expressed as outputs.

I like that a lot thank you Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Re overstock et filia:

But it's a long chain, and any link can prove weak.  It's also a long pipeline and it takes time for inputs to be expressed as outputs.

Activity: 346

more use = more flow = more liquidity = more price discovery = less volatility = more confidence = more demand = higher price

FTFY.

Sounds credible/logical to me though Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Re overstock et filia:

Jump to: