Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 63. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
This thread lost all sense of integrity/value for me when Risto started letting NotFuckchop park his relentless trolling dribble here.

NotLambChop, please do not post again.

At last this thread earns back its credibility; be aware though, (s)he has -at least- another 4 clones.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
You should check your assumptions against the fact that the free market chose to circulate fractional gold receipts instead of the physical gold which was instead placed on deposit with private banks in the 1800s. Which in turn enabled loaning of money at levels that would not have otherwise been possible and facilitated the numerous booms and busts in the 1800s. What is easier and faster to transact, an off chain BTC transfer or an on chain Bitcoin? (in some cases on chain Bitcoin, if you don't both have the compatible off chain BTC accounts, but expect Coinbase, Paypal, etc to build off chain interconnections)

History has shown that Gresham's Law needs to be qualified by actual opportunity costs:

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/research/qr/qr1012.pdf

That seems accurate. Physical gold still circulated between private banks in the 1800s.

Note I've been predicting this outcome since March 2013 when I wrote Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch and I made another more explicit thread on this in April 2014 wherein I also called for the slowing adoption rate, insufficient on chain scaling, and about that time also saying the price would drop to $350 (there is a post in one of rpietila's threads with that exact prediction before the first time it happened) which it did:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-adoption-slowing-coinbase-bitpay-is-enough-to-make-bitcoin-a-fiat-557732
You assume (without verifying) I have ignored them.

You write with a non-civil, ad hominem tone which is not representative of scholarly discussion, without first verifying your (what I believe to be incorrect) assumptions. Was there any ad hominem acrimony in my post?

Can't you see then why discussion turns nasty and devolves in noise.

Please try again to have a civil discussion. You can present your arguments and I will respond.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Gresham's Law has several crucial assumptions about the role of the State in money that you have ignored to arrive at a wholly incorrect conclusion.

More reading for you before you begin spouting again I would advise.

Until Apple stops restricting innovation and limiting what people can put on their devices, I hope that they continue to lose market share to the point of oblivion. They got caught up in their own stardom and sunk like the Titanic.

Sounds like you are describing Bitcoin too.

One block chain for everybody is a walled garden. What happened to personal choice? I happened to prefer a debased block chain, because for one of many reasons, Gresham's Law insures that debased money will drive non-debased money out-of-circulation. And can't we see that is happening now with off chain Paypal and Coinbase bringing the masses into the Bitcoin unit. Won't be too long after they can start loaning fractional reserve units of BTC traded off chain. People will love that.

Only One Way never scales. Never. TCP/IP isn't the only protocol on the internet. There is no monopoly protocol on the internet. Not even HTTP is unassailable. There is a distinction between this reality and paradigms which do not self-optimize.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
This thread lost all sense of integrity/value for me when Risto started letting NotFuckchop park his relentless trolling dribble here.

This thread lost all sense of integrity/value for me when Risto started hamming it up as lord of the manor in the altcoins section

Yeah, it is definitely despicable, if not borderline criminal, to do anything at all to develop the services using cryptocoins. The only allowable activity is mouthblathering, right? Please do not post again.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

This thread lost all sense of integrity/value for me when Risto started hamming it up as lord of the manor in the altcoins section
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Nobody seems to want to explain why transactions is growing too.

Ah, as was the case already with the tx growth in 2012, and further in 2013, don't you know it's all FAKE! It was fake then, and it is increasingly more fake now, and in 2015 it will be even more fake. That is the only likely and true explanation, and the only conclusion is to go short on BTC now.  Roll Eyes

I mean did you think about mixers and all the other technology that literally just makes more btc wallets at the push of a button???

I used to use one wallet... now I use a different one everyday... everytime I send funds into the exchange I get a different wallet address from them too.

So imagine is even 10% of people do what I do... I'm sure a bigger percentage does a lot more as well.

I'm still a buyer, at this level a pop is on the way sooner than you think!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
Very few people knew about BTC in 2011. A little bit more people knew about BTC in 2012. More people heard about BTC in 2013. By 2014, a lot more people heard about BTC since it was talked in the media more than before.
More people are progressively using BTC each year since starting with a ridiculous low amount of tech enthusiasts in 2010 or 20011.

Ignore difficulty decreasing! Ignore the fact that some miners are already underwater! Ignore price! Ignore problems with a currency using PoW!

From 0 people using BTC we went to a number a little bit higher each year!
The only conclusion? Bullish! To the moon! 10k before tomorrow!

My almost entire milieu is full of people that are studying or have finished their studies. none of them can explain you properly what bitcoin is - some have a vague idea.

they are in their mid/end 20s, excellently educated (most of them economists or mathematicians) and they live in one of the richest countries in the world. all of them are used to facebook dropbox, online banking etc. pp.

I assume that at best 1-3% of the developed world have a proper understanding of this stuff.

Do you have a proper understanding of how iphone works? or TV? Most people don't , but they know enough to use these devices.
Same for bitcoin. try breadwallet on your phone and see how difficult it is (hint: not difficult at all).
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
What's happening is not by accident... The price pressure, the timing of the auctions, articles like "is bitcoin done?" etc are co-ordinated.

TPTB want to highlight in every financial and mainstream media the message that "the worst investment of 2014 = bitcoin". Just count the number of articles with that theme in the next couple of weeks.

yep, the on-song trolls started with 'the message' a few weeks back.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Very few people knew about BTC in 2011. A little bit more people knew about BTC in 2012. More people heard about BTC in 2013. By 2014, a lot more people heard about BTC since it was talked in the media more than before.
More people are progressively using BTC each year since starting with a ridiculous low amount of tech enthusiasts in 2010 or 20011.

Ignore difficulty decreasing! Ignore the fact that some miners are already underwater! Ignore price! Ignore problems with a currency using PoW!

My almost entire milieu is full of people that are studying or have finished their studies. none of them can explain you properly what bitcoin is - some have a vague idea.

they are in their mid/end 20s, excellently educated (most of them economists or mathematicians) and they live in one of the richest countries in the world. all of them are used to facebook dropbox, online banking etc. pp.

I assume that at best 1-3% of the developed world have a proper understanding of this stuff.

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

Thanks for sharing, tho.
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 5233
^Look at the chart.  Apple is doing fine, they need to do nothing.  Bitcoin, OTOH...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
...[Apple] got caught up in their own stardom and sunk like the Titanic.

AAPL & BTC.
*I'm not laughing... really...

They need to address what I said. They need more transparency, and give people complete control over their devices. Also being an NSA spy device does not help them either. Address those 3 things and they will regain a lot of market share. Their stock is not worth $20 per share in my opinion. It is a sinking ship.
...[Apple] got caught up in their own stardom and sunk like the Titanic.

AAPL & BTC.
*I'm not laughing... really...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
I'd look to transaction count relative to number of addresses. While it is possible they could move in tandem due to independent factors, it is somewhat unlikely. So far it looks like both point to increased usage, and anecdotal factors (bitpay/coinbase signups) seem to support that. The rate of growth is modest though, in line with historical trends rather than accelerating.

The network value factor lends the price attractor its parabolic progress during linear network expansion.  Anything which is not a decline in adoption rate is massively bullish in the long run.  Just a matter of time.

May I kindly suggest Nokia (Symbian) and Apple (iOS) didn't prove that installed base network effects in 2008 were unassailable. Android was a paradigm shift. The smartphone market battle is over given Android is approaching 80% market share and a billion users. The crypto-currency market battle has only just begun. It appears possible the same category of weakness may exist for Bitcoin et al, as did for iOS and Symbian; they may not be optimally open ecosystems thus scale less than optimally. I can't state this with certainty, but it is something worth pondering.

Until Apple stops restricting innovation and limiting what people can put on their devices, I hope that they continue to lose market share to the point of oblivion. They got caught up in their own stardom and sunk like the Titanic.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
What's happening is not by accident... The price pressure, the timing of the auctions, articles like "is bitcoin done?" etc are co-ordinated.

TPTB want to highlight in every financial and mainstream media the message that "the worst investment of 2014 = bitcoin". Just count the number of articles with that theme in the next couple of weeks.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: