Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 4. (Read 12669 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 130
Rugby 7's - Vancouver

Argentina have put together 3 Gold medals in a row by winning the final in Canada and beating New Zealand.

Ireland to my surprise are sitting in second spot but the same points as Fiji.

For me the team of the weekend was France, they picked up their 1st medal and sit in 7th spot. They won 5
out of their 6 matches and its the first tournament where Antoine Dupont. He was world player of the year
in Rugby 15's in 2021 and has made the Dream Team at No.9 in 2022 and 2023.
He has taken a break from the 15's game this year to concentrate on 7's and in particular the Olympics.
He has made the Rugby 7's dream team this weekend also!!
I think simply because he is in the team now France will become a team to watch.

I totally missed the thread this days, but i was following the super run made by the Argentinian team. I really hope to see the winning the gold medal in the Olympics, but lets see a long way to run and also you need luck with the injuries.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm really steering clear of parlays - far too often there's an upset and you loose (especially when there's five or six matches and one of the middle ones tanks).

The third game between the Knights and Raiders saw the Raiders clench the first game on Australian soil for 2024 with a score of 28 - 12

In a few hours, the Warriors fend off the Sharks. Then in the night game, The Panthers should weather the brewing storm.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Scotland, Ireland and France are the obvious winners this weekend.

Yup thats what I'm thinking also, the odds are 1.20, 1.20 and 1.40 respectively
and with a three match "favourites" parlay the total odds are 2.03...but I just cant
get it out of my head that there will be an upset along the way.

Neither Scotland or France have been clinical and Italy and Wales are capable
of a surprise win?

Both Wales and Italy could do with a win because they face each other in the last
round and as it stands they are both on 3 points, can Italy leapfrog Wales to get off
the bottom?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Scotland, Ireland and France are the obvious winners this weekend.
legendary
Ah it was probably a replay of the Vancouver final alright!

NRL

Yea looking forward to see how round 1 pans out, TBH I dont forsee myself betting on
the first couple of rounds. I'm being very cautious of these rounds purely based on how
last years early rounds went and how the first two games of this year went with the favourites
being beaten.

Six Nations

Matches 4 of 5 this weekend.

Italy v Scotland
England v Ireland
Wales v France

I cant see wins for any of the home teams this weekend although I would like to see
progress from Italy and beating Scotland, Its a big ask.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I think I must have been watching a replay of a game in Vancouver. (It was definitely L.A. in the morning)

The NRL is a product of the New South Wales Rugby league hence the NRL (technically Mk II) unsurprisingly chooses Sydney for the Grand Final year after year.

I'm expecting good things from the Argentine team for the next couple of year to come.

Tomorrow the remainder of week one of the 2024 NRL gets underway with the Knights attempting to stare down the Raiders.
legendary
The bookies certainly lost out on the two Las Vegas wins.

I'm hearing the NRL grand final will be the first weekend of October in (surprise surprise) Sydney.

Is Sydney perhaps where the biggest stadium is?

Then, late last night in Vancouver, the Rugby sevens games continued (I thought they were in L.A. in the morning)

Australia to Face off with France while New Zealand face off against the USA who won against England.

No it was Los Angeles.

The Men's final was France v Great Britain and France won 21 - 0 I'm going to go out on a
limb and say that France could take to over all win based purely on one man Antoine Dupont,
he scored 5 tries over the weekend and I think 5 last weekend too.

Ireland picked up a silver in 3'rd spot and Argentina bagged a 5th spot and Australia 7th -
more points on the board.

Argentina still are sitting on top but Ireland have moved into 2nd place ahead of Fiji

Betting on Argentina in the pools at the weekend would have yielded an overall positive pot,
they along with Fiji won 3 of 3

In the Womens final again it was the two top teams New Zealand and Australia, NZ picking up
the Gold and USA picking up the 3rd spot.

Next up is Hong Kong which is a month away now.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The bookies certainly lost out on the two Las Vegas wins.

I'm hearing the NRL grand final will be the first weekend of October in (surprise surprise) Sydney.

The Hurricanes won a nail bighting golden point win after going point for point (33 - 33) late yesterday afternoon in Melbourne.

Then, late last night in Vancouver, the Rugby sevens games continued (I thought they were in L.A. in the morning)

Australia to Face off with France while New Zealand face off against the USA who won against England.
legendary
Now there we go, the two NRL teams you would expect to be winning got beaten, I'm glad
I didnt bet on the favourites.

URC
Round 11 of 18 is on this weekend, this race should be on now to secure a spot on
the top 8 to go to the quarter finals particularly my home team Connacht.

So Connacht at home play Scarlets, I'm surprised to see them massive favourites at 1.05.

A really interesting match is Benetton at home v Glasgow Warriors but they are not favourites,
priced at 2.21.

Well in the URC Connacht lived up to their favourites tag and beat the Scarlets 10-26
they are now promoted up to 7th spot. They need to try and continue their winning
to secure a place in the finals.

And Benetton didnt manage a win at home to the Glasgow Warriors and they have
slipped to 8th spot
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've been treated to a weekend of Rugby having seen a number of games on TV starting with the Crusaders vs the NSW Waratahs who blitzed last year's winners. Christchurch gave away many penalties in the first half and went to half time trailing before returning to the field to allow the blues to edge further ahead (the crowd of Canterberrans near me got eerily silent as the game progressed)

As that game finished the Wigan vs Panthers international began and was a tight, low scoring affair. With a disallowed try on full time sealing Wiggans win.

This morning the five minute Rugby sevens women's games are underway in L.A. with the Irish lasses going down to their French opponents. South Africa is likewise blitzing their Fijian opponents.

Edit

New Zealand (W) just pounded Brazil 40 - 0

Later still - The Roosters are beating The Broncos 14 - 10 with 15 minutes remaining in the LV game (earlier, The Seaeagles beat the Rabbitohs 36 - 24)

The Reds were just about to kick off as the above games was in half time.
legendary
First two foreign matched in the NRL

Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - Rabbitohs are favourites @ 1.78 v 2.15 for the Sea Eagles, thats all well and
good but the Rabbitohs were disappointing last season, ending up in 9th spot outside the finals cutoff
and the Sea Eagles not far behind in 12th. I'm not betting on that match.

Roosters v Broncos - Broncos are deserved favourites based on their performance last year 1.61 v 2.48.
I am just fearing the same sort of results as last season first few matches where the obvious favourites
lost matches they should have been winning. Like the Panthers losing their first match to the Broncos,
That was my first bet of the season. OK the Panthers went on the win the final but the Broncos were a
completely different team in 2023 from 2022.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Might be able to catch an overseas rugby game Saturday evening before the two NRL games that are being played in Las Vegas Sunday Oz time . (The remaining games of round one start on Thursday which at a guess is to give the four teams time to return to Australia for their round two obligations).
legendary
I've been hearing talk surrounding the super mouthguards that various female players have been trailing (the articles were concerning the World Rugby governing body being sued by former players over head injuries which we were discussing a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully I can catch some games this weekend.

Oh yea, head injuries are a massive topic and one world rugby should be worried about.
Those gum shields are very interesting but there is very little talk of it lets say throughout
the six nations so far.

No six nations this coming weekend.

URC
Round 11 of 18 is on this weekend, this race should be on now to secure a spot on
the top 8 to go to the quarter finals particularly my home team Connacht.

So Connacht at home play Scarlets, I'm surprised to see them massive favourites at 1.05.

A really interesting match is Benetton at home v Glasgow Warriors but they are not favourites,
priced at 2.21.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've been hearing talk surrounding the super mouthguards that various female players have been trailing (the articles were concerning the World Rugby governing body being sued by former players over head injuries which we were discussing a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully I can catch some games this weekend.
legendary
Rugby 7's - Vancouver

Argentina have put together 3 Gold medals in a row by winning the final in Canada and beating New Zealand.

Ireland to my surprise are sitting in second spot but the same points as Fiji.

For me the team of the weekend was France, they picked up their 1st medal and sit in 7th spot. They won 5
out of their 6 matches and its the first tournament where Antoine Dupont. He was world player of the year
in Rugby 15's in 2021 and has made the Dream Team at No.9 in 2022 and 2023.
He has taken a break from the 15's game this year to concentrate on 7's and in particular the Olympics.
He has made the Rugby 7's dream team this weekend also!!
I think simply because he is in the team now France will become a team to watch.

Next round in Los Angeles this week end March 1st to 3rd.

Top 3 teams on the womens side are:

Australia
New Zealand
France

Between them they seem to be dominating the medals so far.

legendary
Ok I'll start getting into the NRL next week!

Six Nations

Todays match between France v Italy started off as ominous for Italy, France scoring
a try in the 7th minute, the game was chaotic really but just before half time France picked
up a Yellow card which was upgraded to a Red.

Italy were much improved with the extra man in the second half and France gave away
way too many penalties. The game ended up in a draw 13 - 13. Italy had a penalty kick woth the
clock in the Red but with about 13 seconds to go on the countdown kick clock the ball fell
off the kicking tee so Garbisi had to do a scramble kick but hot the post - very dramatic end.

I wonder if anyone bet on a draw, that would have had odds of around 20.0
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Around the 45th minute the Cowboys started pouring on the converted points to beat the Raiders 36 - 26.

Then, Parramatta overcame the Titans to win 26 - 16 in the last of the preseason games.

On the 3rd of March, the first two games of the regular NRL 2024 get underway in Las Vegas - be sure to set your alarms.
legendary
Argentina are definitely holding their own against some of the other powerhouse teams on the international circuit.

Absolutely, they are unbeaten in their Vancouver matches and will face the USA in their
semi final today. Their odds are 1.19. The other semi final is New Zealand v France.

Australia have had a poor outing and will play later on in a 9th place play off. Ireland will
be playing for a 5th place play off.

Six Nations

Yesterdays matches went as planned as regards the odds, the favourites Ireland and Scotland
won.

Wales losing to Ireland was always on the cards, they look like they are developing a new squad
with a lot of young players, so they are building.

England losing to Scotland wasnt as predictable, ok they were underdogs but they have
the capability of winning without a great performance.

Today is France v Italy - Italy will be looking to put some scores on the board at least but
its really an uphill battle.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Argentina are definitely holding their own against some of the other powerhouse teams on the international circuit.

In the NRL preseason challenge, signs of things to come are emerging with the first game of the week between the Roosters and  and Rabbitohs being painful with the Roosters winning 46 - 10.

In the other games Sharks - Bulls dogs 12 - 6
Storm - Knights 28 - 10
Warriors - Dolphins 34 - 22 (a reasonable score by the Dolphins, just not enough)
Sea Eagles - Broncos 14 - 40
Dragons - Tigers 34 - 18

Games left to play Raiders - Townsville
Titans - Parramatta (who fumbled badly last weekend in a game they should have won convincingly)
legendary
Rugby 7's

Round 4 in the series started yesterday in Vancouver, Canada. Canadamen themselves have
had a tough draw in their first two games after being drawn against Argentina and Fiji which
they lost. Their 3rd pool game is against Spain.

Irelandmen havent faired well in their first two either, losing to Great Britain and
New Zealand, they play South Africa next who themselves are 1 from 2.

The stand out teams so far are Argentins....AGAIN, France and Great Britain

Pages:
Jump to: