Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 2. (Read 69653 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yeah, I don't miss that. The worst days when I worked at a place that took walk-in customers was when I had to deal with walk-in customers. One day in particular, the guy up front (boss and owner of the business) was hiding upstairs with the secretary (fresh out of high school and 14 years his junior) doing who knows what so I was the only person actually working until early afternoon. Which was great since it was an unusually busy day for walk-ins, and especially great when people came in or called specifically looking for him, because I couldn't give them a good excuse and might have gotten fired if I told 'em he was too busy stickin' it to his barely-legal and fairly naive girlfriend in the back room to actually do his job. I told him the next time that happened I was just gonna lock the doors and turn the lights off so if he wanted any kind of revenue from the entire front half of his business he needed to do his job and let me do mine.

As a happy epilogue, the owner closed the doors the day after she quit, then she kicked him to the curb for being a douchebag and last year got married to a decent fellow. Boss might be dead in a ditch somewhere for all I know, which is okay. He doesn't owe me money anymore. And now I have no boss and no walk-in customers asking me stupid questions all the time, so that's pretty great. And dudes like CrazyGuy and Holyscott are eating most of the annoying customer coefficient, which is even better.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Which is why Clerks continues to be one of the greatest movies ever made, and why in my career I don't have customers, I have clients.

legendary
Yeah, I had enough of idiot customers when I did refurb for two years. That kinda burned me out on being nice to people. The guy who left me a negative feedback because he was dissatisfied with the model he chose, and then left a positive review of it in the listing saying the specific object he bought from me was just fine - stupid. The person who left a neutral feedback for a sale which was cancelled before shipment, probably not realizing that neutral feedbacks still hurt the seller rating and it's foolish to leave feedback for a transaction which, with a bit better planning on her part, wouldn't have even happened - stupid. The guy who emailed me three years after he bought something, because it stopped working right within a couple weeks and instead of telling me about it within the warranty period, he spent a year determining the problem was not his GPU, a year sidelining it, and a year apparently with his thumb up his butt, then complained that if I didn't make things right he'd, as some kind of DJ (who also works in IT, as if telling me this would explain his technical ineptitude), slam the side of my business which hadn't existed for almost two years to his mass following of jackoff teenagers and make me rue the day - stupid. And let's not forget the minimum three customers per week who submitted below-cost single-unit offers on eBay despite the listing saying, in big letters near the top, that I was already selling at minimum margin, the single-unit price is not negotiable, and best offers will only be considered as a means of giving shipping discounts for multiple-unit orders. And then all three of those idiots counter-offering my well-justified outright denial. Idiots. But my personal favorite has to be the jerk who bought a monitor, asked me for a speaker bar as well, sent his ten bucks to the eBay internal customer communications email pseudo-address (despite PayPal giving a warning, when this happens, that "you are deliberately sending money to an account which does not exist, continue anyway?") instead of where I told him to send it, didn't say a word to me about it, and then filed a claim with eBay when he didn't receive his speaker bar (because I don't ship things that aren't paid for) that the item received was not as advertised - despite having received exactly what was in the listing and side deals aren't covered under eBay buyer protection especially when the customer botches them. That one took me most of a week to get the guy to pull his head out of his butt and figure out what he'd done wrong. So yeah, I give up. I really like the idea of getting stuff to people without a lot of middlemen and markup, but I really don't have the patience to deal with cheapskates, jackasses and the wilfully ignorant.

Turns out today's offender was buying a bitshopper stick from Amazon Germany, and somehow tracked me down (via multiple hops) through my website from that listing instead of, you know, asking the actual seller which can be done from the listing page directly. I love it when people do extra work for which the only productive aim seems to be annoying everyone involved.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
To whoever put up some Compacs on Amazon and then gave my personal email address to a customer so he could spam me with "I'm an idiot, please hold my hand" help requests", from multiple email addresses, with read receipts - screw you, seriously.

Also to the person who put these down on an Amazon listing as imported from China, screw you too. Unless you're the same guy, in which case screw you forever. Don't expect any help from me next time you want anything.

What a horribly shitty thing to do... When reselling a product with a markup on Amazon, Ebay or other, you should be well aware that you will need to work to earn that markup. That work includes dealing directly with the sometimes less informed or possibly idiotic shoppers that frequent those sites. If sidehack wanted to deal with them, he would be selling there himself.
legendary
To whoever put up some Compacs on Amazon and then gave my personal email address to a customer so he could spam me with "I'm an idiot, please hold my hand" help requests", from multiple email addresses, with read receipts - screw you, seriously.

Also to the person who put these down on an Amazon listing as imported from China, screw you too. Unless you're the same guy, in which case screw you forever. Don't expect any help from me next time you want anything.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
received mine, they are all working great! Can't wait to see whats coming next! Thanks again  Grin
legendary
Yeah, by the time I'd have gotten to it was about the time it should have been delivered. The information I needed to connect the tracking number on the post office receipt to your email address is all at the shop, and I didn't get to the shop until Monday, and it should have arrived Monday or Tuesday.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yep, yours is going out this afternoon. I'll have you a tracking number tonight or tomorrow.

Never got that tracking number.
legendary
About 40 sticks in a dozen-odd small orders, and two big bulk orders, are all that remains to ship. There'll be a delay because I have to get more parts, which I probably should have done already but I've been a little busy lately.
Activity: 1
Looking forward to receiving my order. I've got a hope that once efficiency levels off, the masses of hobbyists can catch up with commercial miners; thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge!
Yep, yours is going out this afternoon. I'll have you a tracking number tonight or tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for the heads up and all the hard work getting these out to us quickly.
legendary
Well don't tell anyone I told you this, but I did today send out for prototype PCBs for a version that'll mount a BM1385, and approximately doubled the current rating of the buck's inductor. And my next round of protos will probably feature an Avalon A3218 version with software voltage control and temp sensing. The board's already drawn, I just want to work on the firmware on a testbench a bit before committing to the layout because I might end up changing some pins around on the micro. Unfortunately those would both be pulled-chip designs (unless Avalon starts selling) but maybe it'll be upgraded to Bitfury sometime if I get access to those (which is in the works).
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
And no, once this batch is done I will not be making more BM1384 Compacs. I'm getting very tired of dealing with those chips. Building a stick with pull chips takes about three times longer than building with new, especially when the chips are pulled from dead boards - which guarantees you that a bunch of them don't work. So, once this 750 batch is done that's the end of the BM1384 Compac.

The end of a great product is always a sad news, but I, for one, am very glad you pulled this off.

THANK YOU !
legendary
Got more Compacs going out today. There probably would be more, but I took last weekend off (which was nice; going to work for between 8 and 12 hours a day gets old after 12 straight days) and most of this week was spent catching up on New Product Design. I've got a few prototype PCBs to send off for probably this afternoon, which might turn into something cool.

Coming up in the queue are big orders to restock Bitcoinware and ASICPuppy. The last big order went to HolyBitcoin. So, y'all wondering about where to buy should talk to those guys.

And no, once this batch is done I will not be making more BM1384 Compacs. I'm getting very tired of dealing with those chips. Building a stick with pull chips takes about three times longer than building with new, especially when the chips are pulled from dead boards - which guarantees you that a bunch of them don't work. So, once this 750 batch is done that's the end of the BM1384 Compac.

The orders are going out in the order received regardless of order size correct? Think I remember mine coming in when the sold number was around 300 or so.
legendary
Got more Compacs going out today. There probably would be more, but I took last weekend off (which was nice; going to work for between 8 and 12 hours a day gets old after 12 straight days) and most of this week was spent catching up on New Product Design. I've got a few prototype PCBs to send off for probably this afternoon, which might turn into something cool.

Coming up in the queue are big orders to restock Bitcoinware and ASICPuppy. The last big order went to HolyBitcoin. So, y'all wondering about where to buy should talk to those guys.

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Any idea when you are shippping my sticks? (2 sticks to Belgium, ordered a couple of weeks ago)

(I've seen you sticks on other sites for 35$)

3a. Bitcoin payment: Convert this US dollar value to bitcoin and send it (from an address you control) to our for-this-project sandwich address 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

3b. PayPal payment: The above-calculated dollar value can be sent to [email protected]

4. Sign a message (maybe something about sandwiches) with the sent-from address and send the message, TXID, quantity purchased and your shipping address to me in a PM, or in an email to [email protected]

or send a email to [email protected] with the paypal transaction # and your confirmed address and forum name ?
legendary
I don't have any orders listed under "justchill". Without knowing who you are, I can't give more information.
Activity: 28
Any idea when you are shippping my sticks? (2 sticks to Belgium, ordered a couple of weeks ago)

(I've seen you sticks on other sites for 35$)
Activity: 92
Using  Bfgminer on a Minii laptop I can load 43 working with my 49 port hub.

Sweeet Lord.. Over 400GH about 200watts
Pages:
Jump to: