Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 6. (Read 69658 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Sent payment for 10 more Wink

I have ordered 35 how many you order?

30 paid as of right now, but plan to do 10 more at least once I get more block payments.

what is your hashing speed?

Typically around 25-30TH/s

where you running that from?  the electricity must be damn expensive.

I share some miners with a friend. He works at a data center and gets a certain amount of electricity for free. It depends on other projects he has so sometimes we power some miners off and on as needed so hash power fluctuates. Full power is around 40 THs though. These stick miners are for home and a class I teach. Anyways I fear we are a bit off topic.
Activity: 92

30 paid as of right now, but plan to do 10 more at least once I get more block payments.

where you running that from?  the electricity must be damn expensive.

You and me both. We'll keep developing designs with the chips we have available, in the hopes that we can retool for new chips when the next generation is available. I've got at least three more miners I want to build, scaling up to potentially at least 5TH. This stick is just the beginning.

What chips wattage and price do you think this will be?

ordered 4 and sent an email for verification waiting to hear back Smiley. Thanks for making these awesome usb miners, excited to get em running  Tongue

I just paid for my 34th and 35th..  lol
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
ordered 4 and sent an email for verification waiting to hear back Smiley. Thanks for making these awesome usb miners, excited to get em running  Tongue
Boy I sure do have no means of verifying that.

Sorry sent it and had to be somewhere. I didn't intend for that to be my verification obviously Wink

Anyways step 4 completed.

EDIT: To anyone sending via Coinbase, be aware there is a bug in their system that will not allow you to sign a message from some of your addresses. I just experienced this and the only thing I can do is request to have the btc I sent, sent back to the original address, and resend it from one that I do have the ability to sign from. Sigh.

Of course this is what I get for not depositing to Armory first and sending from there.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★

unless he followed step 4 of the 1st post with care:
4. Sign a message (maybe something about sandwiches) with the sent-from address and send the message, TXID, quantity purchased and your shipping address to me in a PM, or in an email to [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy

I'm not just showing off, but it is pretty cool to be able to show off. This smexy Eyeboot 49-port-hub setup is what we used to test all the last batch of Compacs. Purchased from Amazon, and reimbursed by klintay on the condition that I publicise it. I generally disapprove of compensated endorsements (you always gotta question motives), but I will gladly endorse a product I actually do approve of and this hub is a heck of a lot better than the scrounger we were using. So, meeting that condition. It's probably a bit late but I'm fairly certain we'll be doing another 500 batch of Compacs (I'll know for sure early next week) and we have plans to continue the Compac line with new chips (whenever possible) and we'll keep using this hub (and 60A PSU) for testing until, I dunno, if it ever breaks I guess.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with cgminer or USB or what, but we couldn't get more than about 300GH out of a hub full of sticks. But even so, that was a decent load of power for a USB hub. Seriously.

So, shameless plug out!

how is it coming along now that you have the parts?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I'm hoping to have about that many as well. 20 on order, hoping to pick up another 20 if I CKPool finds a few more blocks in the next 2 days.

with 90Ths, you sure have more chance to make enough to buy some :p

90Th why buy any at all Smiley

Why not? Cheesy

the man with Bitcoins can buy with Bitcoins  Grin
I'm hoping to have about that many as well. 20 on order, hoping to pick up another 20 if I CKPool finds a few more blocks in the next 2 days.

Why not? Cheesy

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★

(I know as I'm a member of this pool too, and you have the same forum username / worker name, I'm not a stalker Cheesy )
One day remaining until sales start! Getting pretty exciting.

Again, anyone wanting a "bulk buy" of more than 10 units needs to contact me prior to sales opening. I can't guarantee anything after that.

Since we're using the sales money to buy materials for manufacture, the quicker the first few hundred get paid for, the better equipped I'll be to meet the target deadline. And if they all sell, well hey we can use the excess to help fund bigger machine designs. One thing that slowed Compac development was we were running cheap and couldn't spring for prototypes or parts orders as often as I would have liked.
So I am a bulk buyer.. yippie...  ship me 33 lol

One day remaining until sales start! Getting pretty exciting.

Again, anyone wanting a "bulk buy" of more than 10 units needs to contact me prior to sales opening. I can't guarantee anything after that.

Since we're using the sales money to buy materials for manufacture, the quicker the first few hundred get paid for, the better equipped I'll be to meet the target deadline. And if they all sell, well hey we can use the excess to help fund bigger machine designs. One thing that slowed Compac development was we were running cheap and couldn't spring for prototypes or parts orders as often as I would have liked.
So I am a bulk buyer.. yippie...  ship me 33 lol
Pages:
Jump to: