Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress] - page 34. (Read 69425 times)

copper member
Activity: 2100
Merit: 903
White Russian
Oh my... So your idea of a good strategy is to allow a country that has over a thousand nuclear warheads to collapse an be split into a range of different parts each one of them with in physical possession of part of a nuclear arsenal, while getting whoever gets in power in each of those be a potential suicidal maniac.

do you not see any possible problem with that course of action? Like, you know, multiplying by 20 the number of possible bilateral nuclear conflicts with potential for full human species extinction?
Well, then it was technically possible to implement it.

Don’t you think it’s an even more stupid and suicidal strategy to openly declare inflicting a strategic defeat on Russia, which still has thousands of nuclear warheads on alert, as the outcome of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict desired by the West? Grin
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
Why is it so difficult for Ruzzia to understand? They lost. It is very simple. The USSR was as big and as influential as Ruzzia ever got, and it failed - they collapsed completely.
USSR lost, not Russia. It was a strategic mistake of the United States, when they collapsed the USSR in 1991 and won the Cold War, they relaxed and began to rest on their laurels. Apparently they thought that Russia would collapse on its own.

Is it really so difficult for the West to understand? The Union republics did not strengthen the Soviet Union, but rather drew vitality from Russia. Now Russia is much stronger than the USSR in the best years of its power.

So... Ruzzia had nothing to do with the USSR, it was all the rest but Ruzzia that failed? You need to be honest at least to yourself, Ruzzia is not standing to "the West", but to a very limited and insufficient aid to Ukraine.

If the collapse of the USSR was a "mistake by the US" and not a mistake by the KGB guys that rule you how come half of it is being economically and socially successful in the EU and the NATO? You do not have a selling point, that is why you sent the tanks instead of the diplomats.
The mistake of the United States was not the collapse of the USSR, but the fact that after that they immediately relaxed and began to celebrate the victory and did not take advantage of the opportunity to immediately break Russia into several parts at the same time. Apparently they thought that the centrifugal forces in Russia, amid the shock of the collapse of the USSR, were strong enough for Russia to collapse on its own. The favorable moment was missed and now the West can only dream about the collapse of Russia.

Oh my... So your idea of a good strategy is to allow a country that has over a thousand nuclear warheads to collapse an be split into a range of different parts each one of them with in physical possession of part of a nuclear arsenal, while getting whoever gets in power in each of those be a potential suicidal maniac.

do you not see any possible problem with that course of action? Like, you know, multiplying by 20 the number of possible bilateral nuclear conflicts with potential for full human species extinction?
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
The mistake of the United States was not the collapse of the USSR, but the fact that after that they immediately relaxed and began to celebrate the victory and did not take advantage of the opportunity to immediately break Russia into several parts at the same time. Apparently they thought that the centrifugal forces in Russia, amid the shock of the collapse of the USSR, were strong enough for Russia to collapse on its own. The favorable moment was missed and now the West can only dream about the collapse of Russia.

lol - that was never going to happen.  Without Lex Luthor., there is no need for Superman.

In order for the government to fleece the American taxpayers for over $700 billion a year in military spending, there must be an enemy scary enough to justify that.

Tom will never catch Jerry.  If he did, the show would be over.  🙄
copper member
White Russian
Why is it so difficult for Ruzzia to understand? They lost. It is very simple. The USSR was as big and as influential as Ruzzia ever got, and it failed - they collapsed completely.
USSR lost, not Russia. It was a strategic mistake of the United States, when they collapsed the USSR in 1991 and won the Cold War, they relaxed and began to rest on their laurels. Apparently they thought that Russia would collapse on its own.

Is it really so difficult for the West to understand? The Union republics did not strengthen the Soviet Union, but rather drew vitality from Russia. Now Russia is much stronger than the USSR in the best years of its power.

So... Ruzzia had nothing to do with the USSR, it was all the rest but Ruzzia that failed? You need to be honest at least to yourself, Ruzzia is not standing to "the West", but to a very limited and insufficient aid to Ukraine.

If the collapse of the USSR was a "mistake by the US" and not a mistake by the KGB guys that rule you how come half of it is being economically and socially successful in the EU and the NATO? You do not have a selling point, that is why you sent the tanks instead of the diplomats.
legendary
Do not die for Putin

Activity: 40
Merit: 6
I think the Russian made mistake of assuming the Ukrainians would welcome them as liberators due to flawed intelligence and have now found themselves in a difficult catch 22 position. Only a person of quite low intelligence would disagree with the reality that the Russian army could annihilate Ukraine totally if it chose to but the reality is they are only operating mainly in one sector of Ukraine and stubbornly in the most work intensive and inefficient way possible try to occupy it and this if anything will be to their detriment as Ukraine has all the resources it will need to continuously attack it in this sector from the relative safety of the main territory of Ukraine that Russian army has vacated since it discovered there was to be no welcome party and puppet type president ready to be installed. Now Russia cannot leave the sector it is in as it would be seen as a failure of this so called operation and a victory for its opponents so this will after the long protracted operation becomes no longer sustainable eventually either lead to a major escalation or a complicated agreement between all parties. This would be a simplified explanation of how it went down so to speak.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Orban confuses me more, he is some kind of crybaby and tries to serve everyone. I chose the EU and NATO, so let them cooperate and not show off.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
thanks to Putin, there will be a new NATO air and ground base near the Ukrainian border.

As if anyone is asking Romania for permission

Romania is in NATO and it is obliged, if you don’t like it, let them leave  Smiley

They can't leave. When they asked, they told them "Look what happened to Fico"
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
thanks to Putin, there will be a new NATO air and ground base near the Ukrainian border.

Romania is in NATO and it is obliged, if you don’t like it, let them leave  Smiley
copper member
White Russian

The ex KGB that currently rules Ruzzia is a shadow of the power and leadership of the USSR, but they are failing to accept the faith of the loosers an that is why so many are dying for absolutely nothing: When you are no longer a power, you do not get to decide over others by force.

Actually, he shown that they can stand against the whole West and win...you sound optimistic as this guy, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh3I3jNS0GA
legendary
Do not die for Putin

I think that Romania was very interested in having some "support". Can you guess why?

Because "look what happened to Fico"?

https://agenda.ge/en/news/2024/39584#gsc.tab=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceaușescu

I think they would rather not go back to this. But you can create a party and try.
Upon achieving power, he eased press censorship and condemned the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia in his speech of 21 August 1968, which resulted in a surge in popularity. However, this period of stability was brief, as his government soon became totalitarian and came to be considered the most repressive in the Eastern Bloc. His secret police, the Securitate, was responsible for mass surveillance as well as severe repression and human rights abuses within the country, and controlled the media and press.

The ex KGB that currently rules Ruzzia is a shadow of the power and leadership of the USSR, but they are failing to accept the faith of the loosers an that is why so many are dying for absolutely nothing: When you are no longer a power, you do not get to decide over others by force.

I think that Romania was very interested in having some "support". Can you guess why?

Because "look what happened to Fico"?

https://agenda.ge/en/news/2024/39584#gsc.tab=0
legendary
Do not die for Putin

legendary
Do not die for Putin
Today for anyone planning to take a vacation in Oklavanka I have a word of warning. You cannot get in or out of the city, someone has been smoking in a large weapons depot and it blasted big time, so for now cancel the vacations.

It is becoming evident that the Ruzzia air defence has more holes than a swiss cheese. It is not even news now, but Belgorod has been hit overnight. The strikes inside Ruzzia are now everyday. It is clear that the Ukrainian strategy of making sure the price tag to keep this running becomes beyond anything reasonable, even for Putin, who does not care much about price tags (paid by others).

In Kharkiv direction, Ukraine has been able not just to hold but to drive the invading forces out - so yes, front is not stable in that sense if you want to call a few hundred meters here and there "movements".

In Ocheretina, again, if you want to call it a "movement" is up to you. You would be able to take Ukraine in a few years at that pace, the obvious problem is that you won't be able to finance it.

I think Ukraine is making sure that if it ever comes to negotiating, Ruzzia understand they have lots of infrastructure to lose on a daily basis. No pressure.

[...]

Sure.  Keep escalating and kiss pretty much all satellite communications goodbye for the foreseeable future.  Wanna guess who the main beneficiary of the military advantage ends up being when that happens?  My money is on the Rooskies, and it might be one of the few possible scenarios under which Russia actually does pose a military threat to some of the NATO dink states such as the one who thought it a good idea to blockade Kaliningrad.

This is not "escalation", this is pay-back. It feels very different when they can also blast YOUR installations and infrastructure uh? Punching is always easier that taking a hit in the nose?

On regards to beneficiaries, etc.. I have posted so much on that... I won't bother again on who is "winning" really.

On the threat to NATO, Europe has a problem: US is no longer a reliable ally due to who we all know and his declarations. Germany is certainly taking it very seriously (100 billion of military investment in 3 years and newer shell production facilities in the build). Romania is also taking it seriously - thanks to Putin, there will be a new NATO air and ground base near the Ukrainian border.

No, I am saying this on the light of the failed "operation" in Kharkiv that ended with the encirclement of between 60 to 200 StromZZtupids and the three ATACAMS that hit Sevastopol today and the attack (drones) in Rostov... which I have simply stopped counting because they are now every other day. but what tells most of the tale is the type of things you have to celebrate now.

The Black Sea fleet must be looking for a place to hide, but I think there is no such a thing any longer.

They encircled 60 out of 40 000 soldiers...that changes EVERYTHING!!!

I told you that Russia’s activity in the Kharkov direction is a distracting blow. Ukraine inadequately assessed the seriousness of the threat, pulled too many forces into Volchansk and Liptsy, weakening other sections of the front line. Ukraine has run out of free combat-ready reserves; it is forced to juggle brigades from calmer to more tense areas. By the way, General Sodol already lost his position yesterday.

I am not a mind reader, I am responding to your words about the stability of the front line. No, you are mistaken, the fronts are not quite stable.

What? After GLORIOUS success of encircling 60 soldiers, they replaced Sodol...how come?
copper member
White Russian
For now, fronts quite stable, and that is at the cost of a huge material burn-out by Ruzzia, so it is not stable because "nobody is doing anything".
Lol, you say this right against the backdrop of a breakthrough of the static front line in the direction of Toretsk since 2014. Russia again caught the Ukrainian Armed Forces rotating brigades, just as during the breakthrough in Ocheretino. Moreover, the commander of the OGV, General Sodol, was drinking vodka at a restaurant in Odessa at that time. Grin

If this scandal flares up, and everything is heading that way, Ukraine will again have to change the entire General Staff, although I’m not sure that Zelensky has such a long bench.

No, I am saying this on the light of the failed "operation" in Kharkiv that ended with the encirclement of between 60 to 200 StromZZtupids and the three ATACAMS that hit Sevastopol today and the attack (drones) in Rostov... which I have simply stopped counting because they are now every other day. but what tells most of the tale is the type of things you have to celebrate now.
I told you that Russia’s activity in the Kharkov direction is a distracting blow. Ukraine inadequately assessed the seriousness of the threat, pulled too many forces into Volchansk and Liptsy, weakening other sections of the front line. Ukraine has run out of free combat-ready reserves; it is forced to juggle brigades from calmer to more tense areas. By the way, General Sodol already lost his position yesterday.

I am not a mind reader, I am responding to your words about the stability of the front line. No, you are mistaken, the fronts are not quite stable.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
you may need to listen to different people in a different drinking hole.

And clown myself every time I say anything like you do?  No thanks.

News: Ukraine has destroyed (presumably) the satellite tracking facility NIP-16. This is a high as costs for Ruzzia can get on a single strike. This is the "before", I will be publishing the "after" when confirmed.

https://www.threads.net/@ukraine_defence/post/C8l3CNpsBKf?hl=zh-tw

Sure.  Keep escalating and kiss pretty much all satellite communications goodbye for the foreseeable future.  Wanna guess who the main beneficiary of the military advantage ends up being when that happens?  My money is on the Rooskies, and it might be one of the few possible scenarios under which Russia actually does pose a military threat to some of the NATO dink states such as the one who thought it a good idea to blockade Kaliningrad.

legendary
Do not die for Putin
For now, fronts quite stable, and that is at the cost of a huge material burn-out by Ruzzia, so it is not stable because "nobody is doing anything".
Lol, you say this right against the backdrop of a breakthrough of the static front line in the direction of Toretsk since 2014. Russia again caught the Ukrainian Armed Forces rotating brigades, just as during the breakthrough in Ocheretino. Moreover, the commander of the OGV, General Sodol, was drinking vodka at a restaurant in Odessa at that time. Grin

If this scandal flares up, and everything is heading that way, Ukraine will again have to change the entire General Staff, although I’m not sure that Zelensky has such a long bench.

The Black Sea fleet must be looking for a place to hide, but I think there is no such a thing any longer.

[...]

I heard that the Canuks went up to evaluate the defensive work on the Belarus line.  What they found was nothing had been done and ALL of the money had been stolen. [...]

you may need to listen to different people in a different drinking hole.

News: Ukraine has destroyed (presumably) the satellite tracking facility NIP-16. This is a high as costs for Ruzzia can get on a single strike. This is the "before", I will be publishing the "after" when confirmed.

https://www.threads.net/@ukraine_defence/post/C8l3CNpsBKf?hl=zh-tw
Pages:
Jump to: