Pages:
Author

Topic: Science and Religion? - page 9. (Read 1919 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
April 27, 2019, 07:24:00 AM
^^^ Let me show you how silly your logic is. Your logic essentially says that everybody should get broken bones and bleed when only a few of them get shot.

The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ. Everybody knows Christ/God during the time in the womb. If any of them reject their salvation, be it in the womb or out of it, why should they be saved when they reject?

You have been given in the past, and are being given right now, the chance to be saved... to accept Jesus salvation, the only way to be saved. It would be unfair to everyone to save those people who don't accept Jesus salvation.

I mean, if you go to the store and buy strawberries, but some other guy goes to the store and buys peaches, should you get the peach flavor when you eat the strawberries? Wouldn't it be way more logical for you to get what you asked-for/purchased/ate, the strawberry flavor?

Your whole way of thinking doesn't fit with nature and physics. In other words, your personal religion doesn't fit with science.

Cool

''The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ. Everybody knows Christ/God during the time in the womb. If any of them reject their salvation, be it in the womb or out of it, why should they be saved when they reject?'' Nothing about this is ever claimed in the bible. So, stop inventing stuff?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 26, 2019, 04:29:48 PM
^^^ Let me show you how silly your logic is. Your logic essentially says that everybody should get broken bones and bleed when only a few of them get shot.

The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ. Everybody knows Christ/God during the time in the womb. If any of them reject their salvation, be it in the womb or out of it, why should they be saved when they reject?

You have been given in the past, and are being given right now, the chance to be saved... to accept Jesus salvation, the only way to be saved. It would be unfair to everyone to save those people who don't accept Jesus salvation.

I mean, if you go to the store and buy strawberries, but some other guy goes to the store and buys peaches, should you get the peach flavor when you eat the strawberries? Wouldn't it be way more logical for you to get what you asked-for/purchased/ate, the strawberry flavor?

Your whole way of thinking doesn't fit with nature and physics. In other words, your personal religion doesn't fit with science.

Cool
April 26, 2019, 12:40:43 PM
^^^ Wasn't I talking about retarded people/babies? So, I guess you partially have me there. There are two answers:
1. The retardation I was talking about is different than yours;
2. In the judgment, ask God. He might even let you know before He pronounces His judgment.

Cool

Good way to avoid a difficult question. The logic is simple, considering thousands of babies and even fetus die everyday, do they go directly to heaven? If they do, why? It's literally unfair that some people will go directly to heaven without doing anything while others have to pass the test.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
April 26, 2019, 08:05:41 AM
I believe in God and I believe in science also, but I don't really dig deeper in science to compared what I believe in my religion.
I know we cannot see God but I feel in my life that he is with me all the time, he keep me safe and give help me to achieve my desire in life.

Our belief in religion is hard to explain since we could have different understanding on what is written in the Bible, science on the other hand is like a law that it's specific and there is a real basis where we can see and thus we can debate it with.
legendary
April 25, 2019, 08:33:58 PM
^^^ Wasn't I talking about retarded people/babies? So, I guess you partially have me there. There are two answers:
1. The retardation I was talking about is different than yours;
2. In the judgment, ask God. He might even let you know before He pronounces His judgment.

Cool
April 25, 2019, 05:13:13 PM
^^^ Why should different people all be treated the same way? They are saved. You reject. So, why treat you the same? Besides, if you went about saving people, besides eternal life in Heaven, you would receive "brownie points" for your work. Be glad you are being given more time to change your mind.

Cool

''Why should different people'' Different? How are we different when we all start as babies, we are all the same, what are you talking about? I wouldn't be able to reject anything if I was a dead baby, why do SOME babies go directly to heaven and others have to spend their life here?
legendary
April 25, 2019, 04:14:26 PM
^^^ Why should different people all be treated the same way? They are saved. You reject. So, why treat you the same? Besides, if you went about saving people, besides eternal life in Heaven, you would receive "brownie points" for your work. Be glad you are being given more time to change your mind.

Cool
April 25, 2019, 01:51:27 PM
^^^ Their trust is in God, because all they remember is the complexity of being developed in the womb by God. They are too retarded to understand what you mean with all your blasphemous words. Their salvation will give them an eternity with a glorified body... one that you are going to miss out on if you don't change.

Cool

Hmm, what? Why are the saved instantly and we have to spend a lot of years here to be tested to be able to go to heaven? Isn't that unfair? Shouldn't everyone have to pass the same test to get to heaven?
legendary
April 24, 2019, 01:44:14 PM
^^^ Their trust is in God, because all they remember is the complexity of being developed in the womb by God. They are too retarded to understand what you mean with all your blasphemous words. Their salvation will give them an eternity with a glorified body... one that you are going to miss out on if you don't change.

Cool
April 24, 2019, 01:32:14 PM
^^^ Nobody is telling you that you have to be interested in finding out, enough to search. The reason you don't do your own research is that you think you know already. But if it isn't this, the only thing that is left is that you are trying to hide the truth from others (and maybe clarification from yourself). How do we know this? Because if you simply weren't interested, you wouldn't respond.

Cool

But I did my own research and I was a believer too, how we know this? Because I know myself and I read the bible and God didn't answer, ever, so I stopped believing, it's quite simple really.

The Bible says in at least two places that God answers before we ask. God answered before you asked by having the Bible written long before you picked it up to read it.

Cool

And yet he failed since I'm no longer a believer, is he stupid?

Well, no. Why not? Because God gives people what they ask for. It isn't only the words that people use when they ask. Often they ask by their actions. And most people never knowingly ask for their own destruction. You remember, "Ask and it shall be given you..." right?

This puts God in a bind, more or less. When you ask for understanding in the Bible, and then you ask to not accept the understanding you have been given, you are really asking for separation from God (which would destroy you), but you don't really want to be destroyed... so God does for you the thing that solves His dillema, and gives you the thing you really want. Here's how He does it.

God sent His Son Jesus into the world. Jesus took the punishment for all of the wrongdoing of mankind, on the cross. He overpowered it all, and arose from death to prove it, and to seal it in place. How does the work Jesus did give you the answer you really want? Here's how.

God doesn't have to destroy you or anyone for sinning any longer. This gives you time to determine what you are really asking for, and it takes the decision out of God's hands an places it into yours. When the day of your death arrives, you will have locked yourself in place regarding what you are asking for.

You are not a believer because you decided to not be one, not because you didn't receive the answer you asked for.

Cool

So I guess all those down syndrome, mutilated and dead babies asked for it, huh?
legendary
April 24, 2019, 12:09:29 PM
^^^ Nobody is telling you that you have to be interested in finding out, enough to search. The reason you don't do your own research is that you think you know already. But if it isn't this, the only thing that is left is that you are trying to hide the truth from others (and maybe clarification from yourself). How do we know this? Because if you simply weren't interested, you wouldn't respond.

Cool

But I did my own research and I was a believer too, how we know this? Because I know myself and I read the bible and God didn't answer, ever, so I stopped believing, it's quite simple really.

The Bible says in at least two places that God answers before we ask. God answered before you asked by having the Bible written long before you picked it up to read it.

Cool

Well, no. Why not? Because God gives people what they ask for. It isn't only the words that people use when they ask. Often they ask by their actions. And most people never knowingly ask for their own destruction. You remember, "Ask and it shall be given you..." right?

This puts God in a bind, more or less. When you ask for understanding in the Bible, and then you ask to not accept the understanding you have been given, you are really asking for separation from God (which would destroy you), but you don't really want to be destroyed... so God does for you the thing that solves His dillema, and gives you the thing you really want. Here's how He does it.

God sent His Son Jesus into the world. Jesus took the punishment for all of the wrongdoing of mankind, on the cross. He overpowered it all, and arose from death to prove it, and to seal it in place. How does the work Jesus did give you the answer you really want? Here's how.

God doesn't have to destroy you or anyone for sinning any longer. This gives you time to determine what you are really asking for, and it takes the decision out of God's hands an places it into yours. When the day of your death arrives, you will have locked yourself in place regarding what you are asking for.

You are not a believer because you decided to not be one, not because you didn't receive the answer you asked for.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
April 24, 2019, 12:08:55 PM

Cool

Cool

The answer to that, of course, is: "God works in mysterious ways."

The religious apologetics remind me of telemarketers and their scripted questions and answers.  I always try to take them off the script just for fun.  String them along and then hit them hard with facts and their own logical inconsistencies.

Hard to find any religious idiot worth debating. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
April 24, 2019, 11:35:18 AM

Cool

Cool

Your believing in any particular thing is something nobody else has control of but you.
April 24, 2019, 11:07:50 AM

Cool

Cool

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 24, 2019, 01:26:53 AM
There's a big contradiction between science and religion but we both study them. Religious beliefs were based in the bible while in Science were based on investigations, observations, facts, and evidence.  But it up to the people what they want to believe since we all have different opinions.

But Science says that the universe is 13 to 14 billion years old. The Bible says it is less than 10,000 years old. Science is wrong. The Bible is right.

Cool
Science and religious views always have contradictions, at some instances there will be coincidence. Science is of existence, while religious views were the one that are associated with the evolution and it is based on trust.
legendary
April 24, 2019, 12:59:46 AM
There's a big contradiction between science and religion but we both study them. Religious beliefs were based in the bible while in Science were based on investigations, observations, facts, and evidence.  But it up to the people what they want to believe since we all have different opinions.

But Science says that the universe is 13 to 14 billion years old. The Bible says it is less than 10,000 years old. Science is wrong. The Bible is right.

Cool
legendary
April 24, 2019, 12:58:15 AM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
April 23, 2019, 07:42:15 PM
April 23, 2019, 07:22:32 PM

Cool

legendary
April 23, 2019, 04:25:05 PM

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: