Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 246. (Read 845582 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 273
February 17, 2016, 10:40:29 PM
As of now, there is no scientific proof that god exists. However, I think the current scientific knowledge we have is enough to show that God does not exist, or at least that certain stories of God could not be possible, such as the belief of Adam and Eve. There is enough scientific evidence to prove that evolution has been and is currently taking place.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
February 17, 2016, 10:03:57 AM
it is a matter of faith, not science. Maybe science can proof something in the future, but it is still not possible today.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 29, 2016, 10:37:55 AM
"God is scientifically explained because there are things in the world around us" is not an explanation. At least not a scientific one.
Now if you really do have a scientific explanation for God, then please - I'm the first one to listen to it more than carefully.

You might be right if there were not quantity, quality, and complexity in the things around us... and if science had not already proven the existence of God as shown in my previous post in this thread.

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 29, 2016, 09:29:17 AM
"God is scientifically explained because there are things in the world around us" is not an explanation. At least not a scientific one.
Now if you really do have a scientific explanation for God, then please - I'm the first one to listen to it more than carefully.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 28, 2016, 05:05:29 PM
Without God Existence, how come the whole world is running.
legendary
January 28, 2016, 01:46:10 PM
Prove or quit it. No one has seen God, heard God etc.
Interesting how something that no one can prove exists. Where? How?

Right, God is in our minds and hearts, no one can practically or scientifically prove that God exists as no one have seen God in real life.

The laws of science as we know them, that prove that God exists, do not really say anything about what He is. They DO show that He is intelligent and smart beyond understanding. But they only suggest that He is One Being. They don't prove it... at least as far as I know.

Everything operates by cause and effect. This means that there is really nothing random. This means that everything is pre-programmed. This almost proves God by itself.

Another thing that almost proves God alone is, we don't see anything that can make the complexity around us. Anything that can cause the complexity we see in mankind and the universe, must be more complex. There is nothing in nature where something more complex comes from something less complex. When we combine simple atoms into complex molecules, it is the complexity that we are that is doing it.

Entropy shows that everything is trying to equalize throughout the universe. Mountains erode into the valleys. Valleys fill up to meet the reducing mountains at the level of the plain. All the energy and material in the universe is doing this in one way or another... dissipating to equalize throughout the whole space-time continuum. We see nothing that causes any greatness without greater reduction of itself to make the greatness that it makes.

Something was great enough that it could set the cause and effect into place with such complexity in the face of all-pervading entropy. Such thing fits our definitions of the word "God."

Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 28, 2016, 07:15:34 AM

Right, God is in our minds and hearts, no one can practically or scientifically prove that God exists as no one have seen God in real life.
legendary
January 28, 2016, 12:24:53 AM
God maybe the missing link as to why science haven't figured out yet how the universe started.

Right! Big Bang Theory will always be a theory. Why? Because even if people actually prove that the Big Bang could have really happened, that's still a long way off from proving that it did.

Smiley
Activity: 168
January 27, 2016, 11:21:37 PM
God maybe the missing link as to why science haven't figured out yet how the universe started.
legendary
January 27, 2016, 07:28:35 PM
Yeah, right - nuggets. Still, you people with the flat earth and God exists and other propaganda should let people decide for themselves.

Nobody can force another to believe in God. Even for-real brainwashing doesn't stick. But in the foxholes... In times of great pain, fear, joy, or pleasure, all but a very few people acknowledge God. It is our nature to recognize God without proof.

When you understand the scientific proof that shows that God exists, this doesn't mean you have to accept it. However, once you understand the scientific proof, in times of great pain, fear, joy, or pleasure, you will cry out to God with open arms.

Smiley
January 27, 2016, 04:54:40 PM
Yeah, right - nuggets. Still, you people with the flat earth and God exists and other propaganda should let people decide for themselves.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 27, 2016, 04:18:29 PM
legendary
January 25, 2016, 11:42:42 PM
It's not a matter of approving or disapproving - it's a matter of common sense.
A being that has all of it's attributes at the superlative and without limits?
This would make a great sequel for the X-men movie.

It's kinda like if you and I walked into a hidden valley that nobody had ever visited before. And there on the floor of the valley were fist-sized and larger gold nuggets. And I said, "Wow! There's gold all over the place around here." And you said, "Naw. There's only these dumb yellow colored rocks."

Smiley
January 25, 2016, 09:44:50 PM
It's not a matter of approving or disapproving - it's a matter of common sense.
A being that has all of it's attributes at the superlative and without limits?
This would make a great sequel for the X-men movie.
Activity: 182
January 25, 2016, 09:37:50 PM
Science is working to prove the existence of God but not enough and  came up with some facts but not enough to totally prove that there is really one supreme creator. As of now, God cannot be proven or disproven, it's up for one person to believe or not.
January 25, 2016, 09:18:33 PM
If science can prove God's existence, God will be a fact not simply an idea - but I won't hold my breath for that to happen soon. And I'm being optimistic when I say this.

Simple, basic proof is in the post directly above the one quoted here.

God is fact. That's why billions of people around the world believe in Him. The things that are not always fact are the attributes applied to Him.

Faith is stronger if it has some fact tied to it. If this wasn't so, science theory wouldn't have any strength at all.

Smiley
People also believe in UFO's but I haven't seen one of those either. As I was saying - people believe many stupid things and most of them are BS.
legendary
January 25, 2016, 05:48:14 PM
We're here. That's proof. But what you're asking is scientific proof. Science only deals with the natural. When it comes to the supernatural, science is powerless. Believing or disbelieving in God is an act of faith

The fact is that the ground under your feet exists. You know it by the irrefutable evidence produced by your senses when you see it and feel it under your feet.

You have faith that your area isn't going to have an earthquake today. Your experience tells you that it will not happen. But you don't know for sure, because there are other things that have happened in life that you weren't expecting.

Knowing that God exists by the fact that His existence has been scientifically proven is fact. Believing that God will do this or that is faith.

Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
ANDROMEDA
January 25, 2016, 02:13:33 PM
We're here. That's proof. But what you're asking is scientific proof. Science only deals with the natural. When it comes to the supernatural, science is powerless. Believing or disbelieving in God is an act of faith
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
January 25, 2016, 01:22:35 PM
What do you think?
Please share your opinion about this article.

101 Proofs For God

A growing list of common sense Proofs for God.

Proof for God, #65 Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosome Adam

Genetic scientists seem to be in general agreement that we are all descendants of one woman and one man. This research was fairly recent, starting about 1978. They, of course, do not believe in the creation story of Adam and Eve in the Bible, but their conclusions are getting closer and closer.

In case you have not heard about this, it makes very interesting reading. But I think it raises a number of profound challenges to the Theory of Evolution.

The scientists base the above conclusions on the known facts of human reproduction, specifically on properties of the sperm and egg. .....
Full article read here: http://101proofsforgod.blogspot.com/2014/07/65-mitochondial-eve-and-y-chromosome.html

Which is it?  Common sense or scientific.  Your title says one and the OP says another.
legendary
January 25, 2016, 01:21:16 PM
If science can prove God's existence, God will be a fact not simply an idea - but I won't hold my breath for that to happen soon. And I'm being optimistic when I say this.

Simple, basic proof is in the post directly above the one quoted here.

God is fact. That's why billions of people around the world believe in Him. The things that are not always fact are the attributes applied to Him.

Faith is stronger if it has some fact tied to it. If this wasn't so, science theory wouldn't have any strength at all.

Smiley
Jump to: