Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 327. (Read 845573 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
March 12, 2015, 12:56:52 AM

I want to learn, Oh Wise One.

Care you point out one misunderstanding of mine and explain why it is wrong?  Just one.

Okay. I'll enlighten you with the one piece of knowledge that you apparently don't have. This is that you don't need any enlightening from me other than this.

Comprendo?

Smiley

Other than what?

Dude, I'm not a wizard.  I can't read your mind and I have no idea what the hell you're saying.  Sounding like a Panda Express fortune cookie is cryptically stupid.  You are fantastic at saying tons of nothing.

Literally dozens of posts and dozens of requests for you to find just one single example of fallacy, and you haven't.  Not once.  

Because you can't...because you don't know how.

I'm going to guess your response:

"It's not your fault.  If you read the Bible you'll understand everything I've been talking about.  Don't blame yourself for being misled by the deception of science.  When you die, you might see the light and learn that it's everything that science says it isn't.

Smiley

See how easy it is to be you?  Just say a bunch of unsupported garbage, act like you're super smart because only you know what the "good" definitions are, and completely ignore any and every opportunity to say something with some kind of rational basis supporting it.

Pretty spot on, eh?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 12, 2015, 12:55:17 AM

The point is, what was the speed of light 2,000 years ago? What was it 10,000 years ago i

I think I threw up in my mouth...

You mean you're not sure? What, did you swallow it back down? I saw a guy do that with peaches once. I don't think he liked the idea. I think he was just being polite to the rest of us at the table.

Cheesy

EDIT: Wow! 201.

No, he's right to throw up.  You asked an invalid question.  Light isn't constrained by time, so your question is literally inapplicable.

The speed of light is a constant regardless of an observer's velocity, location, or a change in both.  Regardless of whether I'm stationary or moving towards the speed of light, the speed of light will appear the same in both cases.  Even if I'm going 99.9999% the speed of light, light would still appear to be going as fast as if I were stationary.

Furthermore, when we move or change location, our "time-frame" changes relative to everyone else.  This is empirically verifiable.  The faster you move, the slower you age relative to those who aren't moving.  If you take two atomic clocks set to identical times and leave one stationary on the ground the other travels around Earth in a space shuttle, at the end of the flight you will notice that the once-similar clocks are now different.  The clock that was on board the space shuttle will appear to have slowed down in time, and in fact it did relative to the stationary clock.

We experience time due to perceived changes in our relative spacetime location.  The word "spacetime" exists because they are inseparable -- space is a function of time, and time is a function of space.  Because changes in spacetime location are relative to the speed of light, we can conclude that light is transcendent of locality and whatever swathe of spacetime we happen to inhabit.

Phrased another way, your questions don't make sense because "2000 years ago"  isn't the same for everyone.  If you're moving at near the speed of light, 2000 years for you could be thousands or millions of years for me.  In contrast, 2000 years for me could be a few seconds to you if you're moving at near light speed.

Stop making crap up when you don't know what you're talking about.

I still don't get what any of this has to do with throwing up...

Smiley
legendary
March 12, 2015, 12:49:49 AM

The point is, what was the speed of light 2,000 years ago? What was it 10,000 years ago i

You mean you're not sure? What, did you swallow it back down? I saw a guy do that with peaches once. I don't think he liked the idea. I think he was just being polite to the rest of us at the table.

Cheesy

No, he's right to throw up.  You asked an invalid question.  Light isn't constrained by time, so your question is literally inapplicable.

The speed of light is a constant regardless of an observer's velocity, location, or a change in both.  Regardless of whether I'm stationary or moving towards the speed of light, the speed of light will appear the same in both cases.  Even if I'm going 99.9999% the speed of light, light would still appear to be going as fast as if I were stationary.

Furthermore, when we move or change location, our "time-frame" changes relative to everyone else.  This is empirically verifiable.  The faster you move, the slower you age relative to those who aren't moving.  If you take two atomic clocks set to identical times and leave one stationary on the ground the other travels around Earth in a space shuttle, at the end of the flight you will notice that the once-similar clocks are now different.  The clock that was on board the space shuttle will appear to have slowed down in time, and in fact it did relative to the stationary clock.

We experience time due to perceived changes in our relative spacetime location.  The word "spacetime" exists because they are inseparable -- space is a function of time, and time is a function of space.  Because changes in spacetime location are relative to the speed of light, we can conclude that light is transcendent of locality and whatever swathe of spacetime we happen to inhabit.

Phrased another way, your questions don't make sense because "2000 years ago"  isn't the same for everyone.  If you're moving at near the speed of light, 2000 years for you could be thousands or millions of years for me.  In contrast, 2000 years for me could be a few seconds to you if you're moving at near light speed.

Stop making crap up when you don't know what you're talking about.
legendary
March 12, 2015, 12:26:55 AM

Cheesy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 12, 2015, 12:18:50 AM

legendary
March 12, 2015, 12:18:18 AM

I want to learn, Oh Wise One.

Care you point out one misunderstanding of mine and explain why it is wrong?  Just one.

Okay. I'll enlighten you with the one piece of knowledge that you apparently don't have. This is that you don't need any enlightening from me other than this.

Comprendo?

Smiley
legendary
March 12, 2015, 12:14:37 AM
What is the 'original sin'? Answer: The quest for knowledge. Understanding this is paramount to understanding why having the god debate with anyone of faith is ultimately futile. (And, so I will beat this dead horse once again to make the point.)The quest for knowledge is undeniably what science (and atheism) is all about and it is thereby in direct support of the 'original sin', which is why fundamentalists adamantly oppose it, since it is faith in god, rather than knowledge of god, that is required of believers to believe in something for which there can never be any scientific proof.

Actually, the original sin was trusting the devil for knowledge rather than trusting God for it.

Smiley
It's not called the tree of sin. Subtract the devil from the equation for the moment and what are you left with? A god that prefers us to remain ignorant. The devil did nothing but pose the question, "Why remain ignorant?", to which there is no good answer.

To God, knowledge is like grokking (you know, like from Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land). So, guess what knowledge God didn't want us to grok? The exact stuff that we are grokking right now, the knowledge of good and evil. I complain, and I hear a bunch of complaints against God. The complaints come about because we don't like grokking good and evil, the thing we are doing because Adam and Eve listened to the snake rather than to God.

I don't know that I would like to be relieved of the knowledge of good and evil in this world as it is now. But if it were a perfect world (or near enough, like in the Garden), I would much rather remain in ignorance like God wished for us, than have the grokking of good and evil.

Smiley
legendary
March 11, 2015, 11:53:11 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
March 11, 2015, 11:41:48 PM
What is the 'original sin'? Answer: The quest for knowledge. Understanding this is paramount to understanding why having the god debate with anyone of faith is ultimately futile. (And, so I will beat this dead horse once again to make the point.)The quest for knowledge is undeniably what science (and atheism) is all about and it is thereby in direct support of the 'original sin', which is why fundamentalists adamantly oppose it, since it is faith in god, rather than knowledge of god, that is required of believers to believe in something for which there can never be any scientific proof.

Actually, the original sin was trusting the devil for knowledge rather than trusting God for it.

Smiley
It's not called the tree of sin. Subtract the devil from the equation for the moment and what are you left with? A god that prefers us to remain ignorant. The devil did nothing but pose the question, "Why remain ignorant?", to which there is no good answer.
legendary
March 11, 2015, 10:58:49 PM

Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
March 11, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
legendary
March 11, 2015, 09:21:23 PM
legendary
March 11, 2015, 09:09:11 PM
legendary
March 11, 2015, 08:55:31 PM
Surely having a thinking problem is better than thinking YOU know, I mean, all you've done is quote endlessly from the biggest fantasy book ever concieved.. and you believe it.. well the rest of us dont, and wish you would fuck off and die, you maggot infested shite spouter

You are so cute. Thanks. I could almost  Kiss you. And if you were a woman, I would.

Smiley

You are too scared to touch a woman you dimwitted virgin, away get laid..

Hey buddy, the Law of God requires a person to marry the one who he lays with. Why would anyone want the drama of marriage? But, there are a whole lot of more or less honorable people who marry the one they lay with, even though they don't know that the Law of God says that they should.

You're okay. If you make it to Heaven, you certainly are okay. If you don't make it, let's try to keep your sinning down in this life, by saying you are okay, so that you don't get all upset and sin more. Why should we drum up more sins for you to be punished for in Hell?

Smiley
legendary
March 11, 2015, 08:49:18 PM
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 11, 2015, 08:17:55 PM
Edit: Oh my bad. After reading a few pages it's evident that the thread is only still alive because BADecker is practicing discussion/trolling skills. You owe me a few minutes of my life dude.
Activity: 630
March 11, 2015, 07:55:33 PM
Surely having a thinking problem is better than thinking YOU know, I mean, all you've done is quote endlessly from the biggest fantasy book ever concieved.. and you believe it.. well the rest of us dont, and wish you would fuck off and die, you maggot infested shite spouter

You are so cute. Thanks. I could almost  Kiss you. And if you were a woman, I would.

Smiley

You are too scared to touch a woman you dimwitted virgin, away get laid..
legendary
March 11, 2015, 07:50:49 PM
In my post at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395, all I do is talk about science. I don't mention religion at all. Yet, all your responses following that post up to this one, talk about religion. Is science such a religion to all of you, that if someone comes along with science that doesn't limit itself to the way you religiously look at science, then he is really talking religion rather than science?

The point is becoming clearer. You simply aren't interested in the truth. All along I thought you people were scientifically minded people. Now it turns out that you are religiously minded people, and you have your own, little brand of science that is your religion.

How interesting you are. You are not interested in the truth. You are not interested in real science. All you are interested in is your brand of thinking that looks like science, but really isn't. You kids really have a weird religion.

Smiley

EDIT: The post by the joint, directly above this post, isn't included in my little rant in this post.

Poorly.  You talk about Science poorly.  I've called you out on this so many times now it's insane.  You make the most ridiculous claims which are simply untrue.  For example, you've continuously called Science a religion.  It's not.  Words have definitions specifically so that people can communicate.  When you start inventing definitions on the fly, your statements become entirely meaningless.

People need to be able to understand your ideas, but you make it impossible because you're inventing definitions.  The result is that you are probably the only person in the entire world who holds those definitions, and so when you make a claim about something, you will also probably be the only person in the entire world who even understands your claim.  

If you want to make your own definitions and live in your own little language world, go right ahead, but just remember that, to people who use the same definitions everyone else uses, your claims are incommunicable and therefore unsound.

Edit:  And thanks lol

There are all kinds of people who, if you used the strict scientific method with them, they wouldn't have a clue as to what you were talking about. This is because the term "science" has taken on new meaning among the masses. People even call their electric range in their kitchen, science.

In my post at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395, what definitions have I invented? That's why I have the dictionary definitions listed... just to show that the definitions are not mine. However, that isn't what you are posting against me about. What you are really posting against me about is the fact that you can actually use the sientific method in the link I listed to prove God. And, I explain it so that an average, non-scientific type of person, can understand it as well.

I may not have used terminology exactly the same way that a pure scientist would for explaining some science project wherein he used strict scientific method speech. But if I or you did such, the people would really be all mixed up. I am speaking their language.

Smiley

Note:  I would appreciate a thoughtful response.  I went through the trouble to cite and reference specific examples to help you understand, which took a bit of time.  The only reason I did it is that, on a few rare occasions, you have demonstrated some capacity for intellectual open-mindedness.  The result of that open-mindedness was a few decent posts of yours that were made decent simply because you were asking more questions instead of continuing to make ridiculous, nonsensical arguments, and being ignorantly proud of how right you think they were/are.

1)  Science has "not" taken on new meaning among the masses.  Among the stupid, maybe.  Among the educated, no.  

2)  That's pretty amazing that you think you can use the Scientific Method to prove God, because it's a logical impossibility.  This is the proof in the pudding that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Science. Science is an inductive method of knowledge acquisition.  By definition, no inductive method has or could ever have the capacity to conclude about something so Universal.  

Any single time that you have ever said there is physical evidence and proof for God, you are necessarily wrong 100% of the time.  This can't be debated, it's a logical rule.  Sorry, try again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction

3)  You are in no way speaking the language of a scientist, because point #2 demonstrates you don't even understand how data turns into theory.  And, the reality is backwards of what you stated.  People are "all mixed up" precisely because you aren't speaking anyone's language.  You toss out words that everybody else already knows and can understand just fine.  You take those words, butcher them to death, extract some weird meaning that not only makes it impossible for anyone else to understand what you're saying, but renders your ideas completing meaningless to everyone else except you.

Stop pretending you know anything about Science.  You don't, and that's because you don't know the real definition of it, and therefore you can't distinguish between what is scientific and what isn't.  

Edit: Oh, about that link you posted.  Yeah, I saw that.  Good job for referencing definitions for consensus.  I mean that, because that's something you should do....

...but then you went ahead and said something along the lines of, "Oh look! The data I have fits definition #1!"   And definition #1 of "proof" was: "1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth."

And in no way did your data actually constitute proof of anything according to definition #1.  The so-called "evidence" that you think proves God is so insufficient that it could never say anything about God one way or the other.  

That's where an understanding of logic and sound inference comes into play, but you don't have that. There is not a single shred of physical evidence for God's existence, and that's because it's theoretically impossible for there to ever be any.

I pretty much disagree with what you are saying here, because pretty much all you are doing is saying that you disagree with what I am saying.

Smiley

Dude, this isn't just a matter of disagreement.  There is no opinion here.  I "disagree" with what you are saying in the same way I would "disagree" if you said that 2+2=5.  

2+2=4 because of the rules of math.  If you say 2+2=5, I would disagree because you are provably wrong.

The same applies when you say "I have proof or evidence of God!"  I disagree not because it's some mere opinion, but because it is simply a logical impossibility.  Drawing conclusions from a set of evidence is an inductive process, and it is absolutely impossible for you to arrive at a definitive conclusion for God in this manner.

Now, maybe in your head you can come up with some weird set of rules which might lead you to conclude that 2+2=5.  But, those are your rules, not the rules of actual mathematics.  It's completely meaningless to everyone else if they don't know what your weird rules are.

Similarly, when you start making up terms and definitions for words like "science" or "logical" or "proof," your arguments become completely meaningless and invalid in the same way that 2+2=5 is invalid.  

You might wonder why I think you're making up terms and definitions for words like "science," "logical," and proof."  Great, because I'll tell you.

1) You have made up many definitions for "Science," which is evident in previous posts when you state things like:

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
synonyms:   nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism
"atheism was not freely discussed in his community"

You see the emboldened phrases?  This is why you are a terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, debater.  You changed the definition of atheism into something that is 100% the inverse of the actual definition.  That is, "irreligion" is completely inverse to your claim that "atheism is a religion."

Accordingly, there is no debate necessary.  Your arguments are provably stupid right off the bat, and you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
legendary
March 11, 2015, 06:57:44 PM

Smiley
Activity: 630
March 11, 2015, 06:54:31 PM
Jump to: