Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 443. (Read 845565 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 09, 2014, 06:43:38 AM
I guess the best way to get out of an argument is to start another conversation.   Undecided

To anyone that thinks this thread is in anyway serious - I apologize.  I thought maybe one on one I could get some "scientific proof".  But all I got was ignoring of questions, double talk and obscure rantings.   Nice cult.   Roll Eyes

Absolutely no proof was provided in the 4+ pages I donated to this psycho.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
October 09, 2014, 05:48:19 AM
Why?  I'm pointing out obvious gaps in your argument, that's how a debate works.  You should try coming up with an argument that's not full of fallacies Smiley
I made this argument which comes to us from Kurt Gödel:

To yield the brain starting from [simple mechanism and] a random distribution of elementary particles and the field is as unlikely as the separation of the atmosphere into its components.

The complexity of the living things has to be present within the material [from which they are derived] or in the laws [governing their formation].
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:38:29 AM
You are presuming that I stole from my creditor; do you know all the facts? Maybe there was a compromise!

Nope - just going from the trust left by two reputable forum members.

Their word is more reliable than yours or your imaginary god.
October 09, 2014, 05:37:33 AM
You can say whatever you want.  In your circle it's called brainwashing.

I am not the one operating on presumptions here.

Many times you falsely claimed that I believe in that book.
I have been making Spencer's arguments in this thread, and also providing evidence to counter evolution.

Nope.  I'm going to stick with common sense.  You lose.
Agnosticism is not common sense?

Spencer's "First Principles" is not common sense?

Agnosticism is a cult?  Huh
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:28:52 AM
To default on a debt is not theft; it is an unfortunate circumstance. My creditor does not accuse me of theft or of anything else. Why do you accuse me of something dishonestly?

Seems your tooth fairy has different morals than the rest of us....

I view that as theft, and so do the others that have left you negative feedback.

I view your breach of contract as theft, so do I get to say that you have weak morals and that you willingly break the golden rule?

You can say whatever you want.  In your circle it's called brainwashing.
October 09, 2014, 05:27:45 AM
To default on a debt is not theft; it is an unfortunate circumstance. My creditor does not accuse me of theft or of anything else. Why do you accuse me of something dishonestly?

I view that as theft, and so do the others that have left you negative feedback.

I view your breach of contract as theft, so do I get to say that you have weak morals and that you willingly break the golden rule?
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

October 09, 2014, 05:18:37 AM
October 09, 2014, 05:17:53 AM
Do you have any proof that your god has given you different instructions within the last two millennium?

When it comes to God's messengers, there can be no proof; adequate understanding is encompassed by something called the "content-source problem", and also depends on the wisdom of the one absorbing the content, i.e. that one's ability to recognize truth.
Quote from: Vod
So the answer is you have no proof?

Why then do you believe?

I am side-stepping your question not because I lack an answer, but because you are behaving dishonestly.
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:16:31 AM
I get my morals from the golden rule, a profound principle of moral law that is so universal that even humanists accept it; presumably, all atheists are humanists, since what else could they be?

The only ones that reject the golden rule are people who have been deceived. Such people are transgressing a moral law, absolutely speaking.

I don't know the golden rule, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say "steal from others".   Undecided

Does it?
October 09, 2014, 05:14:59 AM
I've seen how you "continue" the conversation.  You ignore questions, sidestep facts and post nonsense from a 2,000 year old book.

That's a lie; you never proved that I quoted the God of the Bible, and you can't, and I deny quoting the Bible.

I answered your question, I kept my end of the bargain, so you should also behave honestly.

Those who get their "morals" from imaginary beings cannot be trusted.

I get my morals from the golden rule, a profound principle of moral law that is so universal that even humanists accept it; presumably, all atheists are humanists, since what else could they be?

The only ones that reject the golden rule are people who have been deceived and are willing to go along with that deception. Such people are transgressing a moral law, absolutely speaking.
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:10:57 AM
You are dishonest, thus immoral.

Oh, as compared to you?

I am not attacking you, just stating facts. Your dishonesty is absolute, not relative.

Well forgive me for building my morals based on merit, instead of a dishonest god.

I forgive you.

Can you forgive me? I would sure love to continue our conversation as long as there is a bit of respect for each other. Wink

I've seen how you "continue" the conversation.  You ignore questions, sidestep facts and post nonsense from a 2,000 year old book.

I have little respect for people who still believe in the tooth fairy.  Converse with your fellow cult members on sunday.   Undecided
October 09, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

Oh, as compared to you?

I am not attacking you, just stating facts. Your dishonesty is absolute, not relative.

Well forgive me for building my morals based on merit, instead of a dishonest god.

I forgive you.

Can you forgive me? I would sure love to continue our conversation as long as there is a bit of respect for each other. Wink
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:06:50 AM

Oh, as compared to you?

Well forgive me for building my morals based on merit, instead of your dishonest god.
October 09, 2014, 05:05:28 AM

Oh, as compared to you?

I am not attacking you, just stating provable facts. Your dishonesty is absolute, not relative, as evidenced by your inability to make any statement of provable fact whatsoever regarding me.
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 05:00:57 AM

Oh, as compared to you?

Your god has already given you the OK to steal from haploid23.  What's to stop your god from giving you the OK to steal from others?  What's then to stop you from stealing with no repercussions or bad feelings?  You would walk away with a clear conscious, like you already have.   Undecided

Those who get their "morals" from imaginary beings cannot be trusted.
October 09, 2014, 04:58:14 AM
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 04:35:06 AM
You have no more credibility with me.   Undecided

You failed to keep your word. Is that acceptable and moral? Intelligent?

Embarrassed Cry

Did you complain to the tooth fairy?  He's the first step.

Trust is unmoderated.

It would be best to discuss it with the person who left you negative trust

Vod left me negative trust for no reason at all, and he admitted that he did so for no reason.  Undecided

Vod is an abusive, unreasonable liar by his own admission.  Shocked

What did Santa Claus say?  What's the case number?   Roll Eyes
October 09, 2014, 04:30:09 AM

Embarrassed Cry

Did you complain to the tooth fairy?  He's the first step.

Trust is unmoderated.

It would be best to discuss it with the person who left you negative trust

Vod left me negative trust for no reason at all, and he admitted that he did so for no reason.  Undecided

Vod is an abusive, unreasonable liar by his own admission.  Shocked
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2014, 04:25:15 AM

Embarrassed Cry

Did you complain to the tooth fairy?  He's the first step.
Jump to: