Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 440. (Read 845565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
October 15, 2014, 04:06:10 AM
Jim Stephens, author of 101 proofs for God blog, just wrote very interesting article about his motivation to start such blog, and why he decided  to write “101 Proofs For God for the Common Man.”
You can read full article here: http://appliedunificationism.com/2014/10/13/blogging-about-101-proofs-for-god/#more-3005
You don't need to agree with his scientific theories but I think we should really appreciate his effort to explain and prove God based on scientific facts only, without any theological arguments.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
October 14, 2014, 04:24:40 PM
Feckin hell, go away for a while, come back and look at the depths of depravity this thread has sunk to!

There was a time when this inevitable conversation came up between myself, and son and daughter, and my lad asks, why is rape so bad? I answer in the best pc way I can think of, trying not to offend my daughter.. um.. The thing with sex bud, is that the womans body is designed to receive pleasure from the act of having sex, and this is why rape is so bad. And those who rape should be shot. My girl jumps in, and what if the girl gets pregnant? I say, well, touch wood it dont happen to you, but if it did, I'd like to think ma wee girl would get rid of it, since getting pregnant is nothing more than an act of pure love, and I'd hate to think you would want a rapists kid, for then you'd be admitting, you 'loved', and will continue to do so. It's a sad husband that sticks with a wife who keeps a rapists kid. You may like the idea that it's not the kid's fault. I agree. By even thinking it's acceptable to give birth to a rapists kid.. ouch.. glad am no a woman in this department, but then you know I'd get rid of it..

The problem with this kinda crap, is that, thanks to the gays, having a rapists kid is becoming more and more acceptable as woman dumps family, so that there are 10 women for every man (Albert Pike - Morals and Dogma) and becomes so desperate for sex, anything becomes acceptable, including paying men under the guise of 'friend's - with benefit's lol..

Thing is, what does this have to do with god?

Edit: Watch the japanese movie 'star of david'

Now tell me you'd have a rapist's kid? Sad!!
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 14, 2014, 04:00:06 PM
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker?  Answer: God.

How did I even miss this. This is a great example of the ridiculous nonsense that is written there.
Someone raped you? Oh I'll just make the offender marry you. Logic level: God.  Roll Eyes

I like how the bible thumpers only quote the good ones.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
October 14, 2014, 03:55:38 PM

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker?  Answer: God.

How did I even miss this. This is a great example of the ridiculous nonsense that is written there.
Someone raped you? Oh I'll just make the offender marry you. Logic level: God.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 630
October 14, 2014, 03:49:02 PM
Why are you guys arguing this?  It is the word of God - it cannot be questioned or used out of context!!

And the universe along with Heaven are the context!  Smiley

EDIT: 'Cause God spoke it all into existence. Word of God!

I know what existed before God Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 14, 2014, 04:39:21 AM
Why are you guys arguing this?  It is the word of God - it cannot be questioned or used out of context!!

And the universe along with Heaven are the context!  Smiley

EDIT: 'Cause God spoke it all into existence. Word of God!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 14, 2014, 01:31:12 AM
Tangentially, I just noticed you and I are having a back-and-forth in three different threads.  I wasn't paying attention to forum names.

So, hello.

I'm bowing out of this one though. I've made my points, you've made yours. There's no sense further bashing our heads against the wall.
Activity: 378
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
October 14, 2014, 01:09:53 AM
You valuation of humanity is yet more "primitive."

Sorry my worldview and unwillingness to accept killing doesn't satisfy your bloodlust. Also, the i know you are but what am I method of response doesn't make you look as smart as you apparently think.
The blood of one stricken calls out to me, as does that of those he struck.
October 14, 2014, 01:08:23 AM
You valuation of humanity is yet more "primitive."

Sorry my worldview and unwillingness to accept killing doesn't satisfy your bloodlust. Also, the i know you are but what am I method of response doesn't make you look as smart as you apparently think.
October 14, 2014, 12:58:28 AM

How about not executing anyone? How about executing religious fanatics?

These two statements are not consistent. How about we stick with just not executing anyone?
If you leave executors alive, they may execute. Should you spare all but those others that do not so spare, all (and, then, yourself) shall spare.

(That dilemma is comparable to that between pure and authoritarian anarchism.)

I emphasized the key word in your statement. You don't punish someone based on what they might do. Preemptive punishment is not legitimate.
(I emphasized an actual operative word, "executors.")

They are made to depart for their dispositions—nothing more, nothing less.

Or you could imprison them, that would stop them from killing again. I'd rather leave all the primitive ideas on 'justice killing' in the eras that made the world such a terrible place to live.
Your valuation of humanity is yet more "primitive."
October 14, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

These two statements are not consistent. How about we stick with just not executing anyone?
If you leave executors alive, they may execute. Should you spare all but those others that do not so spare, all (and, then, yourself) shall spare.

I emphasized the key word in your statement. You don't punish someone based on what they might do. Preemptive punishment is not legitimate.

Or you could imprison them, that would stop them from killing again. I'd rather leave all the primitive ideas on 'justice killing' in the eras that made the world such a terrible place to live.
October 13, 2014, 10:10:27 PM

Vod
legendary
October 13, 2014, 10:10:10 PM

October 13, 2014, 09:57:21 PM

October 13, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

October 13, 2014, 09:30:56 PM

Vod
legendary
October 13, 2014, 09:25:12 PM
It's fairly clear I'm not talking nonsense.  It's written in the bible.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 308
October 13, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker?  Answer: God.

The idea is protection of the child and the parents at the same time. Some other opetions:
1. You could execute all three;
2. You could execute the mother and fetus and punish the guy;
3. You could let the state or the parents raise the child, and execute the guy.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
October 13, 2014, 08:49:58 PM

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

The idea is protection of the child and the parents at the same time. Some other opetions:

There isn't any happy solution. The idea is that the kid gets as normal of a life as possible. That's with two parents. Besides, these things were somewhat the way things were done in those days, all over the place, not simply at God's command.

However, these days, when Stockholm Syndrome sets in, some rape victims marry their attacker voluntarily.

Vod, you're kinda talking nonsense.

Smiley

I'm sorry, I must not be reading clearly.  I could have sworn that you imagined three alternative means of justice that all involved execution, and also that you believe a silver payment and forced, terminal marriage to her sexual abuser is a good way to protect a rape victim.

Surely you must have meant something else, right?
October 13, 2014, 08:42:00 PM

There isn't any happy solution. The idea is that the kid gets as normal of a life as possible. That's with two parents. Besides, these things were somewhat the way things were done in those days, all over the place, not simply at God's command.

However, these days, when Stockholm Syndrome sets in, some rape victims marry their attacker voluntarily.

Vod, you're kinda talking nonsense.

Smiley
4. "God" could also have felled the fellow upon his resolution to transgress Their will. Shocked
Jump to: