Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 450. (Read 845565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 07, 2014, 10:16:05 AM
You are still debating a mythological figure whose only proof of existence is a book that must be considered true because that book itself says so?!  Roll Eyes

How about we start to discuss unicorns and minotaurs now?

not just a few books that say so, but the Universe all around
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
October 07, 2014, 09:16:34 AM
You are still debating a mythological figure whose only proof of existence is a book that must be considered true because that book itself says so?!  Roll Eyes

How about we start to discuss unicorns and minotaurs now?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
October 07, 2014, 02:11:56 AM
Instead of that former, answer that following: What makes "death" significant?

The absolute most significant thing about death is, death locks one into his belief position regarding God. If one believes in God for salvation at the time of death, he will receive salvation. If he does not believe in God for salvation, he will lose salvation.

Other than that, there are many things that make death significant. Some of them hold significance for relatives of the deceased. Why do you ask this?

Smiley
Fear of being afraid is that sole sustenance of death.

Do you mean that if a person is not afraid of fear, that he would not die? Lots of folks watch horror movies just so that they can analyze their own fear.  

Smiley
"Sustenance" implies prolonged procession.

True. Generally if you are sustained in life, your life is prolonged. Interesting point in the idea of proving God scientifically thread. Why this in this thread?

Smiley
The matter1 of God is one of2 life and death.

1 that's both the consistence and debate "matter"
2 that's consistence "of"

Bible passage: "With God nothing shall be impossible."

Empty space, no matter how little material exists therein, contains no nothing.

Smiley
How does the Greek read?

From http://www.greekbible.com/index.php :

"ὅτι oὐκ ἀδυνατήσει παρὰ τoῦ θεoῦ πᾶν ῥῆμα."

I don't read Greek, but there are a lot of websites that have the New Testament in Greek in case you are interested. The Bible passage I attempted to quote, above, was Luke 1:37.

Smiley
("Nothing" isn't in there [from what I checked].)

"For with God no thing shall be vnpossible" (KJV).

Therewithin, anything that one following ("For with...") God would proceed unto ("...no thing...") should prove ("...shall be...") wholly within their effectuation ("...vnpossible.") because ("For...") they so follow ("...with God...").
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 07, 2014, 01:55:55 AM

The absolute most significant thing about death is, death locks one into his belief position regarding God. If one believes in God for salvation at the time of death, he will receive salvation. If he does not believe in God for salvation, he will lose salvation.

Other than that, there are many things that make death significant. Some of them hold significance for relatives of the deceased. Why do you ask this?

Smiley

Do you mean that if a person is not afraid of fear, that he would not die? Lots of folks watch horror movies just so that they can analyze their own fear.  

Smiley

True. Generally if you are sustained in life, your life is prolonged. Interesting point in the idea of proving God scientifically thread. Why this in this thread?

Smiley

Smiley
How does the Greek read?

From http://www.greekbible.com/index.php :

"ὅτι oὐκ ἀδυνατήσει παρὰ τoῦ θεoῦ πᾶν ῥῆμα."

I don't read Greek, but there are a lot of websites that have the New Testament in Greek in case you are interested. The Bible passage I attempted to quote, above, was Luke 1:37.

Smiley
October 07, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
How does the Greek read?
legendary
October 07, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
October 07, 2014, 01:13:26 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
October 07, 2014, 01:11:38 AM

to me, death makes 'life' significant

Well, that's what salvation by God is about... eternal life.  Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
October 07, 2014, 01:09:35 AM

I concur.
legendary
October 07, 2014, 01:08:35 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
October 07, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

That following:

What matter is torture? What matter is death?

Concern proving evident within your post are those of beast and man and, therefore, are hailed of nothing exceeding them.

Or as Solomon said, "Everything is meaningless."

After all, we die, and we haven't seen anyone come back to real life without re-dying sometime in the near future after he became alive again. The exception, of course, is Jesus, who arose from the dead within the 3 days after death, and then, 40 days later, ascended into Heaven, alive.

So, what is the benefit of writing anything or doing anything in life? We lose it all anyway, at death, right?

Smiley
Your question assumes it's reasonable to make considerations in accordance with an inevitability of death. As the original question posed, how is that reasonable? Why is it reasonable to make a consideration for its relation to death? What matter is that, death, that one would proceed unto any consideration about it?

(Your implied concern is characteristic of "dust." [Your avoidance of explicit provision of backing evidences that yet more.])

I don't know for sure which question you are asking. In addition, it seems like you are using an online translator to convert your language to English before you post it. What I mean is, the questions are not of a form that I understand clearly. If you can state the question in common American English, I might make a stab at answering. It might be simply my fault that I don't understand, but the fact is, I don't understand.

Please restate the question.

Smiley
That Imperial English was Americanized.

Is "That Imperial English was Americanized" the question? If it is, I don't understand what answer you are looking for. If it isn't, please restate the question, because I don't understand what the question is.

Smiley
Instead of that former, answer that following: "What makes 'death' significant?"

"Supply and Demand."

So long as demand is infinite (thought: genuine), cannot supply also be infinite (thought: genuine) and preserve that significance?
legendary
Merit: 1019
October 07, 2014, 01:03:58 AM

That following:

What matter is torture? What matter is death?

Concern proving evident within your post are those of beast and man and, therefore, are hailed of nothing exceeding them.

Or as Solomon said, "Everything is meaningless."

After all, we die, and we haven't seen anyone come back to real life without re-dying sometime in the near future after he became alive again. The exception, of course, is Jesus, who arose from the dead within the 3 days after death, and then, 40 days later, ascended into Heaven, alive.

So, what is the benefit of writing anything or doing anything in life? We lose it all anyway, at death, right?

Smiley
Your question assumes it's reasonable to make considerations in accordance with an inevitability of death. As the original question posed, how is that reasonable? Why is it reasonable to make a consideration for its relation to death? What matter is that, death, that one would proceed unto any consideration about it?

(Your implied concern is characteristic of "dust." [Your avoidance of explicit provision of backing evidences that yet more.])

I don't know for sure which question you are asking. In addition, it seems like you are using an online translator to convert your language to English before you post it. What I mean is, the questions are not of a form that I understand clearly. If you can state the question in common American English, I might make a stab at answering. It might be simply my fault that I don't understand, but the fact is, I don't understand.

Please restate the question.

Smiley
That Imperial English was Americanized.

Is "That Imperial English was Americanized" the question? If it is, I don't understand what answer you are looking for. If it isn't, please restate the question, because I don't understand what the question is.

Smiley
Instead of that former, answer that following: "What makes 'death' significant?"

October 07, 2014, 12:59:10 AM

Smiley

Never heard it phrased like this before.
Tell me, sir, where is it that you live?
legendary
Merit: 1020
October 07, 2014, 12:57:31 AM

Smiley

Never heard it phrased like this before.
October 07, 2014, 12:51:04 AM

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
October 07, 2014, 12:49:27 AM

Smiley

Smiley
October 07, 2014, 12:45:47 AM

Smiley
legendary
October 07, 2014, 12:43:35 AM

Smiley
October 07, 2014, 12:42:02 AM
All we have guaranteed is this life

You are saying that there is no guarantee of an afterlife. How do you know that?

You can have what you want, if you will only go after it.

If you don’t give up, your success is inevitable.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ― Henry Ford
By honor, proceed about reply within that name "BADecker."
Jump to: