Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 123. (Read 1289635 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
November 18, 2015, 08:48:00 PM

That would certainly lend to an increased interest in privacy centric currencies. We need SDC to be the go-to, and I hope we have some good PR soon. Aside from the market, PR would help a lot.

Not sure what else they can do besides impose more restrictions on banks who convert to fiat. That will just create more individuals who convert to and from fiat, and increase the use of the coin without fiat too.

The way you get tough with those people requires tanks, not banks.

Good point. Wouldn't governments support companies like SABR with funding in order to more effectively analyze who is making bitcoins transactions?
I hope someone sells precious metals on the market, would be cool to basically convert SDC into gold, or vice versa
I am thinking of possibly offering gold silver for SDC exchange on the market but i need to look into it more.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
November 18, 2015, 06:30:10 PM

That would certainly lend to an increased interest in privacy centric currencies. We need SDC to be the go-to, and I hope we have some good PR soon. Aside from the market, PR would help a lot.

Not sure what else they can do besides impose more restrictions on banks who convert to fiat. That will just create more individuals who convert to and from fiat, and increase the use of the coin without fiat too.

Good point. Wouldn't governments support companies like SABR with funding in order to more effectively analyze who is making bitcoins transactions?
I hope someone sells precious metals on the market, would be cool to basically convert SDC into gold, or vice versa
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
November 18, 2015, 05:03:55 PM

Activity: 646
Ni dieu ni maître
November 18, 2015, 04:27:50 PM

Activity: 624
Merit: 250
November 18, 2015, 08:42:50 AM
dadon: I think they are counting down the days left in the month because the alpha will be released this month....patience children
legendary
November 17, 2015, 07:51:39 AM
Hello,

Just changed to and ran the latest client and was surprised that it updated the block data so quickly I didn't notice (wasn't watching), in earlier clients it took a long time to download the block data, is this how it is supposed to be. It seems to be working great and up to date.

what block your wallet showing bro
mine was fairly quick also so i think thats how its supposed to be but you should make sure

Sorry missed your post

Just checked against block explorer and it is matching block, So looking ok.
no problem mate, gad to hear it's all good best to make sure.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
November 17, 2015, 03:57:26 AM
Hello,

Just changed to and ran the latest client and was surprised that it updated the block data so quickly I didn't notice (wasn't watching), in earlier clients it took a long time to download the block data, is this how it is supposed to be. It seems to be working great and up to date.

mine was fairly quick also so i think thats how its supposed to be but you should make sure

Sorry missed your post

Just checked against block explorer and it is matching block, So looking ok.
November 17, 2015, 03:50:32 AM
Hello,

Sorry missed your post
legendary
November 16, 2015, 01:56:12 AM
Hello,

November 16, 2015, 01:45:51 AM
Hello,

Activity: 725
Boycott Qatar 2022
November 15, 2015, 11:13:01 PM

+1

At least 1 reporter out there understands what Shadow is doing here.   Smiley
Activity: 725
Boycott Qatar 2022
November 15, 2015, 11:10:56 PM

+1! The P&D times seem gone. Remember when the Dark team was asking for union? Shadow is the only great project with such tempo and such brilliant devs. Now the crypto needs adoption. And the market will allow this adoption much quicker than BTC. I would not be surprised if I wake up millionaire in the near future.

It's neat that someone created a working decentralized cryptocurrency, and early adopters made their fortunes off it. Now, anyone can create their own version of it, so we've moved past that novelty and opportunity. The next great opportunity will be cryptocurrency with a valid purpose that fills a niche, solves a problem, or builds a better mouse trap, something that is desired and sought out by the majority that have never even heard of cryptocurrency. Such is this project.

Great vision, I share it too.  Its just a little surprising that we are flying so far under the radar.
Activity: 200
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2015, 07:27:40 PM
floodofzebras: Each party would be able to submit a case stating their opinion of what happened. If someone had died and couldn't ship the item, then obviously they wouldn't submit a case supporting their view and the buyer would get their funds returned. Thoughts?
November 14, 2015, 07:24:15 PM
floodofzebras: In the case of unresolved escrow situations, would there be a way to enable the community to vote on where the funds go in certain circumstances as opposed to always having MAD. I can think of a few situations in which it may be preferable to enable to community to have a say in who gets the funds. Perhaps there are problems with this idea that I haven't thought of though.
legendary
November 14, 2015, 06:54:40 PM
Too many crypto projects are not developing anything and just using promises to scam people out of their money, Trying to be BTC by re branding it and adding a few minuscule changes and claiming they are better, creating features either no one will ever use and if they do BTC will just take these features anyway and implement them into it's own code.
But shadow is different it is building a anonymous decentralized economy something BTC can never do if it want's to go mainstream and that is the path it has chosen already.
SDC is the yin BTC the yang together we can co exist and thrive
Because all though we serve two different purposes and one can never compensate for the other our goals are the same financial freedom.
The reason Shadow will succeed is because it didn't try to be the next BTC, it is not competing with BTC it actually complements it,Shadow can never be BTC, BTC can never be shadow.
Activity: 225
November 14, 2015, 01:53:30 PM
[
+1! The P&D times seem gone. Remember when the Dark team was asking for union? Shadow is the only great project with such tempo and such brilliant devs. Now the crypto needs adoption. And the market will allow this adoption much quicker than BTC. I would not be surprised if I wake up millionaire in the near future.

It's neat that someone created a working decentralized cryptocurrency, and early adopters made their fortunes off it. Now, anyone can create their own version of it, so we've moved past that novelty and opportunity. The next great opportunity will be cryptocurrency with a valid purpose that fills a niche, solves a problem, or builds a better mouse trap, something that is desired and sought out by the majority that have never even heard of cryptocurrency. Such is this project.
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
November 13, 2015, 10:16:39 PM
Is there an android wallet? I can't seem to find download on OP

There was an android wallet at one point in time, but it hasn't been updated since prior to our two hardforks, so it no longer works and has been taken off the play store.

Development on that should resume after the Market is released. Or if an android developer wishes to aid in the project, that would help speed it up (get in contact with Rynomster/sdcdev). Ryno was originally aiming to release that in between the recent integration of the hierarchical deterministic wallet and the market, but the HD wallet took longer than originally thought.

On that note, I'd like to reiterate that the project is open to any and all people who wish to aid in development. Anyone is welcome to clone the github and submit pull requests to the main repo. Or if you've noticed any bugs that you think should be fixed, please let someone know (you can PM me and I can forward it to the devs, or you can PM one of the devs, or hop into Slack or IRC and let someone know there).

Jump to: