Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 423. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
December 30, 2014, 02:55:11 PM
Someone posting this darkcoin video on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qtwiz/bitcoin_is_dead_long_live_darkcoin/

Hit em with knowledge on what a true anon coin is.

nice vid
l would like to see one with shadows.. Cool
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
December 30, 2014, 02:35:35 PM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.   

It is not quite as simple as that ....
Look here : http://shadowtn.blockexplorer.cc/tx/47da4aca657ec9fe4ab7de6fa1e3dd5e935474151bfcc18d39c3b537885f25bd

Now tell me how much Shadow --> Shadow I sent Wink

One of the challenges I saw in sending Shadow was a message telling me that coins of the required sizes were not available.

Would it be helpful for a group of users with large balances to keep an inventory of coins, in carefully chosen amounts, on the network as Shadow to facilitate Shadow transfers in all denominations? I'm not yet fully conversant on how the system works, but it seems like the more Shadow (as opposed to SDC) is on the blockchain the easier and more secure the transactions will be.

I have several machines where I could set up wallets, keep 1.2345678 Shadow on one, 2.3456789 on another, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
December 30, 2014, 02:23:17 PM
I think we need to be patient and everything will fall into place.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
December 30, 2014, 01:29:27 PM
Someone posting this darkcoin video on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qtwiz/bitcoin_is_dead_long_live_darkcoin/

Hit em with knowledge on what a true anon coin is.
December 30, 2014, 01:09:31 PM
Adam knows about this project.

He has some interesting concerns about stealth addresses:

I think its an interesting idea that multiple people reinvented (I was one of them, but there were 5 and some predate Peter Todd's and also mine). The problem is identified in the article: to receive you have to scan the entire block chain and trial decrypt each one. The solution hint is actually worse than not using stealth addresses (shard or prefix index etc) - because that allows a passive adversary to use that hint to eliminate from the already weak network flow analysis. When I thought of the idea these problems caused me to reject the solution. The other idea - that you out source your scanning to a random server isnt so hot as it sees all of your received transactions. I actually came up with a better solution called IBE addresses https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431756.new.... though its still not ideal as the crypto is a bit more complex, somewhat though not horribly novel, and a bit more computationally intensive. anyway I think the Dark Wallet guys got impatient and stealth addresses have a cooler name and are simpler, so started coding. another even simpler solution is to use pseudonymous email system to send the recipient the payment, and they can broadcast it themselves. in my view bitcoin needs a store & forward distributed/redundant/reliable privacy preserving message bus.

Not sure how the dual-key stealth addresses in Shadow work, anyone have any insight?  What's the advantage of dual-key stealth address compared to regular stealth address?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 30, 2014, 01:05:33 PM
Recent article on anonymous bitcoin transactions: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealth-payments-create-anonymous-bitcoin-transactions/

Someone is mentioning ShadowCash in the comments.  I tried to comment to mention ShadowChat and ShadyBay but it would not let me.  Also Adam Back the inventor of Hash Cash is posting in the comments.  Sure would be good to get on that guys radar!

Edit: Looks like they just deleted the guys comment about ShadowCash!

Interesting that he suggests Bitcoin acquire a messaging system sounds like ShadowChat Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
December 30, 2014, 12:52:41 PM
Recent article on anonymous bitcoin transactions: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealth-payments-create-anonymous-bitcoin-transactions/

Someone is mentioning ShadowCash in the comments.  I tried to comment to mention ShadowChat and ShadyBay but it would not let me.  Also Adam Back the inventor of Hash Cash is posting in the comments.  Sure would be good to get on that guys radar!

December 30, 2014, 12:35:54 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 30, 2014, 12:18:56 PM
Hello ShadowCash community !

You got my attention with the PoH Awards (looks like you win in front of darkcoin)!

I read some of the first 100 pages of the thread and got excited about this altcoin. But then, I saw all the trolling, the senseless verbal jousting, and most importantly, the lack of communication from the dev.

Of course everybody needs holidays, or might get sick, but I do believe that even if you are in hospital, you can still spend 10 minutes of your time each day to moderate and communicate with the community you have created or have someone do it for you. I am part of other altcoins communities, and the main devs are always present when uncertainty arises, or to slap some trolls in the face.

I see here a great coin, but with an absent leader, I hardly see how I could invest in it. Sometimes, when I invest in a coin, I just need to see a post from the creator to feel confident !

P.S.: Ryno,  pls connect 10min in here and delete all trolling, and come back to your community, and to welcome new possible investors as myself!

Welcome! There are plenty of team members available for the community here, on our forums www.shadowtalk.org and in IRC #shadowcash Despite being under the weather our lead dev is still in communication. He was in IRC for a brief moment on Sunday. As someone new to the project you should understand that since July the dev team has been clocking in 18 hour+ days sometimes writing code for 2-3 days straight. Any break that they are taking is well deserved Smiley

That being said, thanks for the kind words and don't mind the trolls.. they've been attacking us since the founding of the project. This is our 2nd thread, the last thread was unmoderated and filled with trolls angry that there is actually real development going on here. In fact, there are numerous baseless FUD threads dedicated to Shadow.. most were started from devs within the Blocknet project or hired by the pump groups supporting it. We've made a section on our forums for baseless accusations anyone is more than welcome to post their concerns there: http://shadowtalk.org/category/38/fud-fear-uncertainty-and-doubt

Also guys please don't quote the trolls! It's just like re-posting investment advice from a crackhead! When you see some random posting FUD just do a quick search on their post history and you'll find that most are active within the SDC FUD threads. There's no point entertaining baseless accusations because at the end of the day you're just feeding them by giving them attention. The 'ignore user' feature is your friend!

Keep the thread technical and remember this when you see a troll come here:

Activity: 812
December 30, 2014, 11:56:16 AM
dunno,  guessing like 50? (just added the outputs like an idiot so im guessing its wrong)

edit: how many did u in fact send?

p.s. if i guess right do i get to have dinner with you and Ryno?

My first guess is: 20
Second guess: 10
 Wink

Actual amount was 24 .... our dinner date if off for the moment Wink
Point made though, it is almost impossible to prove what the transact amount was.

sorry i meant o say 24 Wink Cheesy
Activity: 821
December 30, 2014, 11:40:57 AM
dunno,  guessing like 50? (just added the outputs like an idiot so im guessing its wrong)

Wink

Actual amount was 24 .... our dinner date if off for the moment Wink
Point made though, it is almost impossible to prove what the transact amount was.
December 30, 2014, 11:31:49 AM

You got my attention with the PoH Awards (looks like you win in front of darkcoin)!

I read some of the first 100 pages of the thread and got excited about this altcoin. But then, I saw all the trolling, the senseless verbal jousting, and most importantly, the lack of communication from the dev.

Of course everybody needs holidays, or might get sick, but I do believe that even if you are in hospital, you can still spend 10 minutes of your time each day to moderate and communicate with the community you have created or have someone do it for you. I am part of other altcoins communities, and the main devs are always present when uncertainty arises, or to slap some trolls in the face.

I see here a great coin, but with an absent leader, I hardly see how I could invest in it. Sometimes, when I invest in a coin, I just need to see a post from the creator to feel confident !

P.S.: Ryno,  pls connect 10min in here and delete all trolling, and come back to your community, and to welcome new possible investors as myself!

Welcome!

These two places are good spots to find Ryno / SDCDev

Welcome! Im sure ryno will be along soon…
legendary
Activity: 1133
December 30, 2014, 11:18:21 AM

Welcome!

These two places are good spots to find Ryno / SDCDev
legendary
Activity: 1133
December 30, 2014, 11:00:53 AM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.  

Look here : http://shadowtn.blockexplorer.cc/tx/47da4aca657ec9fe4ab7de6fa1e3dd5e935474151bfcc18d39c3b537885f25bd

Wink
December 30, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.  

December 30, 2014, 10:23:28 AM
I e-mailed Coindesk and pitched them ShadowCash for a story. Told them about Shadow Send being implemented. I sent them tons of links and information. Told them about Shadow Chat and ShadyBay decentralized marketplace soon.  Told them Ryno would probably do an interview, I am guessing since he did an interview before for some smaller crypto news sites.  I remember several months back during the DRK bubble, Coindesk had a story saying "How Darkcoin became the king of alts".

I think we have a better chance of getting on their radar if more of us send inquiries to them:  http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/

excellent work!
December 30, 2014, 10:21:02 AM
I e-mailed Coindesk and pitched them ShadowCash for a story. Told them about Shadow Send being implemented. I sent them tons of links and information. Told them about Shadow Chat and ShadyBay decentralized marketplace soon.  Told them Ryno would probably do an interview, I am guessing since he did an interview before for some smaller crypto news sites.  I remember several months back during the DRK bubble, Coindesk had a story saying "How Darkcoin became the king of alts".

I think we have a better chance of getting on their radar if more of us send inquiries to them:  http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/
Activity: 821
December 30, 2014, 09:52:07 AM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.   

December 30, 2014, 09:11:18 AM
Ill prob set u a stealth addy and convert several thousand SDC to Shadow and just spend from that pool gradually over time…  Cool

Watch those coins go bye-bye from the blockchain… how sweet is that?

Yes keeping a large pool of Shadow on hand seems ideal, then spend smaller amounts from the pool.  Just use common sense.
December 30, 2014, 09:09:53 AM
Ill prob set u a stealth addy and convert several thousand SDC to Shadow and just spend from that pool gradually over time…  Cool

Watch those coins go bye-bye from the blockchain… how sweet is that?
Jump to: