Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 462. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
December 15, 2014, 10:58:42 PM
Hi all

After much planning and development, we are proud to bring you our latest release.  Many of you have been involved in the testing process, and we are very thankful for all the help that has gone into this release.

The main feature in this release is ShadowSend v2, but here's a list of other improvements we've made during the development cycle:

• Anonymous transactions using zero-knowledge proofs
  • Multiblock download (Thin and Full Modes)
  • ShadowChat now shows unread message count instead of total message count
  • Ring size suggestion for Shadow spend transactions
  • HTML options page
  • Transaction type display selection
  • Notification type selection
  • Enable/Disable Thin Mode from options

We thank you all for your patience as well, and without this community, this release would have never been possible.

Without further ado, here is our WP:
ShadowCash: Zero-knowledge Anonymous Distributed E-Cash via Traceable Ring Signatures

Anonymous ZK transactions will only work from block 257000 onwards, as to prevent too many forks in the chain.

This is a mandatory upgrade, so please make sure you are on v1.3.0.5 before the weekend.

Thank you very much! I enjoyed reading the whitepaper, but admit that it raised more questions for me about how exactly the code works in terms of unforgeability and minting of shadow (along with the related destruction of SDC).

Naturally BEFORE we update the new software we would like to see the code to have some assurance it is safe from bad actors somehow finding an exploit to mint extra shadow without the destruction of SDC, etc.

Can you load the code into GitHub please? I do not plan on updating my software until it can be reviewed. I hope others will follow my lead. SDC could die overnight (once we hit block number 257,000) if there is some unknown exploit possible relating to the minting process.

You have worked so hard on this! Please don't take any chances by forcing a mandatory upgrade on the community (at least without a vote) until the code is public and has some time to be reviewed.  A mistake now could kill the coin forever which is something nobody wants.

Please add the new code to GitHub. Thanks!
https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2014, 10:56:26 PM
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
December 15, 2014, 10:54:47 PM

That feeling when you realize that every other competing anon-altcoin just become obsolete...
legendary
Activity: 1246
December 15, 2014, 10:44:26 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 15, 2014, 10:18:41 PM
Hi all

After much planning and development, we are proud to bring you our latest release.  Many of you have been involved in the testing process, and we are very thankful for all the help that has gone into this release.

The main feature in this release is ShadowSend v2, but here's a list of other improvements we've made during the development cycle:

• HTML options page

We thank you all for your patience as well, and without this community, this release would have never been possible.

ShadowCash: Zero-knowledge Anonymous Distributed E-Cash via Traceable Ring Signatures

Anonymous ZK transactions will only work from block 257000 onwards, as to prevent too many forks in the chain.

This is a mandatory upgrade, so please make sure you are on v1.3.0.5 before the weekend.

Its time we eclipse all other anon projects, time to blow some minds

Beautiful work dev team !!!!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME!
Activity: 129
Leave nothing but a shadow.
December 15, 2014, 10:12:26 PM
Hi all

• HTML options page

legendary
Activity: 1008
December 15, 2014, 08:15:30 PM
SDCDev wrote these 30 mins ago at IRC while chatting with asdzxc

very good news

asdzxc - is it confirmed that zero knowledge and whitepaper will be released before end of december-2014
@SDCDev - confirmed Smiley
asdzxc - oh SDCDev here
thanks for all the tech you developed

@SDCDev - I implied I'm busy Smiley but excited :>
and by sick man, I mean thanks for the kind words, appreciate it Smiley

asdzxc - so with the whitepaper, zero knowledge main net release will be there also, is it?
@SDCDev - yea Smiley but we will be doing a hard fork to protect the chain... we don't want and forks, minor forks, etc... so we will let it go live at a certain block, which will be in our ann
asdzxc - thanks for straight answers which made everything crystal clear
@SDCDev - np Smiley my favourite time is always when development is done Tongue get to chill and engage with the community

BOOM BABY

I don`t even need a belt to hold up my pants anymore Wink
Activity: 308
thrasher.
December 15, 2014, 07:54:53 PM
no way Bter after this whole Bitbay cluster fuck

I agree. We don't need Bter. China will find sdc sooner or later anyway.
Exco.in will add shadowcash soon and this is awesome. It is very promising and innovative place for the top-notch currencies. I predict the popularity and volume at this place in 2015, the same which had Mintpal in its old days

Our entire site is translated in both Simplified and Traditional Mandarin and we have Mandarin speaking support staff. Our user base living in Asia is still small at this point but growing.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 15, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

I agree. We don't need Bter. China will find sdc sooner or later anyway.
Exco.in will add shadowcash soon and this is awesome. It is very promising and innovative place for the top-notch currencies. I predict the popularity and volume at this place in 2015, the same which had Mintpal in its old days
Activity: 462
December 15, 2014, 07:17:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1008
December 15, 2014, 07:11:37 PM
we need to get on bter and those chinese ones for the big blast
December 15, 2014, 05:28:14 PM
Of course the github source is production capable! Hense its current state. Every other exchange is using it and so are every one of my nodes.
Its on the op, the wiki, and the website.

The github source has not been pushed to in 28 days, it appeared to us looking through the git commits, the majority of the development was not occuring on the github. Our system requires a somewhat up to date coind API so we can provide proof of reserves.
How "up to date" is PPC and Doge? Just curious because the last commits I see is in July for PPC and August for Doge.

I think it may be off topic but I will answer anyways.

Peercoin development appears to be stagnant as far as merging in updates from main trunks on their main github. However there is a community maintained client called PeerUnity, this client is actively maintained and may eventually take over as the primary client.

The doge github appears to us to be pretty stagnant at this point. It has issues and pull requests piling up and they are not merging in the more recent updates from the trunks. If it continues it may lead us to eventually close our DOGE exchanges.

Hey yourstruly

We've committed the verification code for exchanges: https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/tree/anon
Its enough to build the daemon, and it will be able to accept and verify anonymous transcations.

We've left the spend code out for now, as we wan't to give investors a chance to have something unique.

Thank you, I will start going through the code now.

I like the look to the exchange https://exco.in/ Hopefully we can trade Shadow Cash there soon!
thrasher.
December 15, 2014, 05:08:58 PM
Of course the github source is production capable! Hense its current state. Every other exchange is using it and so are every one of my nodes.

The github source has not been pushed to in 28 days, it appeared to us looking through the git commits, the majority of the development was not occuring on the github. Our system requires a somewhat up to date coind API so we can provide proof of reserves.
How "up to date" is PPC and Doge? Just curious because the last commits I see is in July for PPC and August for Doge.

Peercoin development appears to be stagnant as far as merging in updates from main trunks on their main github. However there is a community maintained client called PeerUnity, this client is actively maintained and may eventually take over as the primary client.

The doge github appears to us to be pretty stagnant at this point. It has issues and pull requests piling up and they are not merging in the more recent updates from the trunks. If it continues it may lead us to eventually close our DOGE exchanges.

Hey yourstruly

We've committed the verification code for exchanges: https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/tree/anon
Its enough to build the daemon, and it will be able to accept and verify anonymous transcations.

We've left the spend code out for now, as we wan't to give investors a chance to have something unique.

Thank you, I will start going through the code now.
Activity: 164
December 15, 2014, 05:03:08 PM

Hey yourstruly

thrasher.
December 15, 2014, 04:55:13 PM

Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 15, 2014, 04:45:17 PM

+1
You rightly pointed out
Activity: 896
December 15, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

December 15, 2014, 04:19:01 PM

very good news

asdzxc - is it confirmed that zero knowledge and whitepaper will be released before end of december-2014
asdzxc - oh SDCDev here

asdzxc - so with the whitepaper, zero knowledge main net release will be there also, is it?
@SDCDev - yea Smiley but we will be doing a hard fork to protect the chain... we don't want and forks, minor forks, etc... so we will let it go live at a certain block, which will be in our ann
@SDCDev - np Smiley my favourite time is always when development is done Tongue get to chill and engage with the community

BOOM BABY
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 15, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

very good news

asdzxc - oh SDCDev here

thrasher.
December 15, 2014, 03:17:06 PM

Jump to: