Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling bitcoin is a stupid decision ? - page 41. (Read 3401 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 14
It is not a stupid decision if you need your money now. Later you can back invest in this awesome technology which is blockchain.   Shocked
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
Bitcoin was something of 2009. There are way better cryptos around now. BTC transaction time is way too slow. BTC transaction fees are way to high. Max transactions per second is 7 which is WAY WAY too slow. BTC has some serious scalability issues. BTC is vulnerable to a 51% attack since the 4 biggest mining pools (which are located in china) control 50% of the hashing power. This means if they and one other mining pool would team up, they could do some serious damage to BTC. Bitcoin has almost no utility. One current utility is being a bridge from Fiat to Alt coins since most alt coins don't have fiat parings. Another utility of BTC right now is using it to buy things on the black market, although this is slowly being replaces by privacy coins like Monero. Bitcoin will also never be a store of value, unlike Gold. Gold has a demand since it is used in electronics and jewelry.. . If your a Bitcoin maximalist, good for you.

Well, bitcoin is not vulnerable to 51% attack if you ask me and if Bitcoin is, we would have experience it before now. However, you're right when you said the mining company team up, they could do some serious damage to bitcoin but I wouldn't do that because it will affect their business cause they'll be the one loosing the most. That's why they won't even pray for it to happen.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
I think it is not stupid if we already get enough profit
What does it mean enough profit. At this price, the sale is a very stupid idea. Currently, the price has dropped by over $ 3k. In this way, we will not earn much ...
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
For ever investment there is a time to sow and a time to reap, there is no stupid decision when you are in need of fiat. It just poor investment decisions that exist due to poor planning and lack of proper knowledge of the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 140
Selling is never a stupid decision. But sometimes you might be glad that you sold, but also sometimes you might curse for yourself selling. Well, I guess we all have our reasons.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
Bitcoin was something of 2009. There are way better cryptos around now. BTC transaction time is way too slow. BTC transaction fees are way to high. Max transactions per second is 7 which is WAY WAY too slow. BTC has some serious scalability issues. BTC is vulnerable to a 51% attack since the 4 biggest mining pools (which are located in china) control 50% of the hashing power. This means if they and one other mining pool would team up, they could do some serious damage to BTC. Bitcoin has almost no utility. One current utility is being a bridge from Fiat to Alt coins since most alt coins don't have fiat parings. Another utility of BTC right now is using it to buy things on the black market, although this is slowly being replaces by privacy coins like Monero. Bitcoin will also never be a store of value, unlike Gold. Gold has a demand since it is used in electronics and jewelry.. . If your a Bitcoin maximalist, good for you.
Activity: 60
Merit: 5
Probably in this moment yes, because the price is low ….
but if you have bitcoins and at same time you need fiat for you real life … it is not so stupid.

As above … it depends ….
Activity: 248
Merit: 1

it's not stupid in general. It depend on the circumstances under which you're considering to sell. Stuid would be probably anything that doesn't make perfect sense, such as selling for fud
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
It is more than a stupid decision because the price is more than cheap at the omoment and we are still on a bear market, why would you sell just right now?
Activity: 29
Merit: 2
Selling Bitcoin would always be a stupid decision, because the price could be always higher. But there are people who just don't want to invest anymore and they are retiring, for an example, people who bought Bitcoins for $1 each don't need to wait anymore, they are already rich and they can retire.
I agree, selling bitcoin is the worst thing to do, Holding it in this market crises will be the best decision for everyone, having patience is needed in crypto, it is not necessary to sell your bitcoin at the lowest price, that will gain you nothing.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
Selling little bitcoin now is not stupid for trader that get into the cryptocurrency business at the early 2016 but it is a stupid decision for new trader if not in an emergency state of financial assistant.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
Selling Bitcoin would always be a stupid decision, because the price could be always higher. But there are people who just don't want to invest anymore and they are retiring, for an example, people who bought Bitcoins for $1 each don't need to wait anymore, they are already rich and they can retire.
It's only become worst decision when you keep buying high and sell it low repeatedly, other than that just a fine thing. People just have a narrow-minded when it comes to calculate how Bitcoin supply limited causing the price , the value of Bitcoin itself in the future whenever every single Bitcoin has mined could guarantee a hell high price without considering how it could worth nothing if there's no one interested anymore in Bitcoin later , I do put my faith in Bitcoin but always have a plan B to anticipate unexpected things, so I won't call it that way to those people who selling Bitcoin now or later .
Activity: 103
Activity: 532
I won't support that statement I don't think selling bitcoin is a bad idea because everyone has is own reason for selling. As we all know that price goes up and down. So someone might just decide to sell high while the one that doesn't understand how market work will sell low.
Activity: 490
everyone has their own decision even it hold or sell their bitcoin and selling bitcoin is not stupid decision because they must have a reason why they decided to sell their bitcoin. people who do panic selling is they are that have not enough knowledge about crypto and when they do that I believe they will learn about the situation and will avoid to make the same mistake in the future.
Activity: 1
Most of the people sell in panic when prices are decreasing. If someone has patience ,  there are very less chance of loosing money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
Bitcoin is a product of buying and selling process, which every body that are into crypto currency normal do. Because is not stupid decision, because every crypto business has been 18years and above, as long it know when is good to get profit from the initial cash invested.
Activity: 287
I think this is not a stupid decision. They sell for their own desires because of a need. I think it is the right choice. And do not sell bitcoin due to panic will decrease, it may be said to be stupid.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
It depends on what people think on how they sell their bitcoin. Of course, if the price of the bitcoin is low why would you sell it? You can sell your bitcoin if the price of the bitcoin is higher than normal. Its much better to sell it. Its stupidity if you think that you can sell it when the price is low. But also it depends on the user on how will they do to their bitcoin. Its either they invest it to be part of the future or to do some advice to trade or transact it so that you will become more effective
Activity: 73
It would be wrong to conclude that selling your bitcoin is a stupid decision. It all depends on the instance and time you are selling it. If bitcoin is gradually dropping beyond the amount you bought it, it will be a mistake to still keep it else you will incur an unnecessary cost. Is better you sell it when you see that you are eating into your principal. I consider hodl to be the best option when it is rising and you really don't need the money now.
Pages:
Jump to: