Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 63. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20
March 10, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

The first mistake is to send ANY kind of ID to a KYC for an Airdrop. It is a reasonable as giving a copy of your documents to some guy on the street for 10 dollars.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
March 10, 2018, 03:57:37 PM
I am more than confident that those people who send their real data, sooner or later will have big problems with the law and tax.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
March 10, 2018, 03:53:29 PM
this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem
Activity: 868
Merit: 509
March 10, 2018, 02:56:42 PM
I know that every person can buy fake documents on special forums. And it scares me. Now it is too accessible. I am against fraud.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
March 10, 2018, 02:50:27 PM
I can't understand how people can send in their real documents to anyone online. With the way these exchanges are getting hacked, there can't be anything worse than losing your personal documents to these hackers.

But we still send them to exchanges to get our accounts verified, though exchanges can be hacked easily too. Maybe in that case we care about our money more.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
March 10, 2018, 02:43:53 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
No, of course they can't verify ID's because it would mean that they have information on everyone in the world. Also if they verify fake ID's or your "friends" ID how will they know that information is fake and investor is not investor?
I call this collecting personal information from people for yet unknown reasons.
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
March 10, 2018, 02:01:05 PM
Well, to send fake ID could be a good idea, or a bad one: it depends who is asking for KYC.
If someone ask your data just for an airdrop or a bounty, you can send fake data without any further problem, probably.
But if you participated in an ICO with some real money, they are asking your data because the government ask them, so if you send fake ID you make something illegal and potentially dangerous: actually, it's the same as to show fake paper to a policeman on the road!
So, think about.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
Has anyone actually tried sending in a fake ID? Did it work? Would love to hear your story.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 10, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
I can't understand how people can send in their real documents to anyone online. With the way these exchanges are getting hacked, there can't be anything worse than losing your personal documents to these hackers.
It is because their greed, they want to invest in a coin so badly that they are willing to do anything even if that means exposing themselves to great risks like identity theft they are not thinking of the future consequences of their actions it is very easy to dismiss  our concerns as being too paranoid but it's better to be safe than sorry and those that are sending their documents online are probably going to regret it in the future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
March 10, 2018, 06:30:09 AM
Yeah, many people do, most of them just afraid to give away their documents. I always submit my real docs, simply because I know that the leak of the documents means not too much as people might think
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1023
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 10, 2018, 06:22:46 AM
I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.

I think that there is no way to verify documents properly. Of course scammers and dishonest project participants use this. However, I suppose there is a huge amount of fake ICOs which collect and sell our personal documents and this is much worst. So where is the truth?
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
March 09, 2018, 08:54:12 PM
It surprises me that people send in anything else than fake id's.
How can you trust someone on a forum with your private documents.
copper member
Activity: 161
March 09, 2018, 08:31:10 PM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

I would be curious to know how many people have actually had their coins frozen later due to providing false information.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 06:22:59 PM
Honestly, I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.
I know, those that are asking for that kind of information are doing it out of laziness they could have created their icos in a jurisdiction in which they did not needed to ask for that information but they choose not to do that, if people abandon those kind of campaigns then they will have no option but to try to relocate their project, in the future they will know that we are not going to accept that.

I absolutely agree with you. If all bounty hunters follow the line of action you are suggesting, soon or later changes will be made.
Activity: 11
March 09, 2018, 06:07:46 PM

NOT FAIR.

Exactly as you say they are very easily tricked by false IDs, I think not just KYC that is easy to cheat, other companies also the same they are very easily fooled because I personally have done it several times, when I help others whose requirements are rejected because they are not equipped with ID.
Honestly, since September 2009 until now my activity is never far away with photoshop for me photoshop is a hobby that can't be separated.

Amen.  KYC is a ridiculous concept.  I don't trust my personal security to people on the internet and I surly don't send the passport where it can be grabbed in transit.   Photoshop gets around the issue every time.  I suspect they don't even check.  Just collecting the info for god knows what. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
March 09, 2018, 05:57:04 PM

NOT FAIR.

Exactly as you say they are very easily tricked by false IDs, I think not just KYC that is easy to cheat, other companies also the same they are very easily fooled because I personally have done it several times, when I help others whose requirements are rejected because they are not equipped with ID.
Honestly, since September 2009 until now my activity is never far away with photoshop for me photoshop is a hobby that can't be separated.
Activity: 30
March 09, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Like it or not, in the future will have more and more requests to identify ourselves, and it will be more and more difficult to keep our anonymity.
Actually, it will be possible, but probably it will become illegal, and it will be very difficult to make any movement.

Then you find out why they call this technology BLOCK CHAIN.  Keep sending in your information boys.  And if you make money make sure to buy Lambo's and expensive homes.  

I fear they have no idea what they are promoting and getting into.  The KYC givers are on the list now for sure so in one respect they are harming the movement however they are so ignorant they are destroying themselves in the process so you can't really fault them as they don't posses the knowledge of what's happening.  They have also unsecured their documents as even the largest corporations are hacked.  Ignorance not so much evil.

Activity: 36
March 09, 2018, 03:51:10 PM
Like it or not, in the future will have more and more requests to identify ourselves, and it will be more and more difficult to keep our anonymity.
Actually, it will be possible, but probably it will become illegal, and it will be very difficult to make any movement.

Then you find out why they call this technology BLOCK CHAIN.  Keep sending in your information boys.  And if you make money make sure to buy Lambo's and expensive homes. 
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
March 09, 2018, 03:42:20 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
March 09, 2018, 02:39:26 PM
Its a catch 22 situation, freezing your investment for false documents, or taking the risk of giving out personal documentation. Just dont get into things or trust blindly.
Pages:
Jump to: