Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 62. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 3
March 15, 2018, 10:27:26 PM
I don't think the founder of a project really check the investors IDs. It is just a way to avoid the law problem. And I think it is a good way to do with fake IDs.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 15, 2018, 10:16:33 PM
I always send my real ID's for KYC. I am afraid now hope nothing happens or no one will use my ID's for any bad act. My stupid mistake? But How do I go about the fake ID for the KYC? It's too much trouble .Perhaps I should reconsider my decision on projects that require KYC.
Activity: 179
March 15, 2018, 10:13:42 PM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

Not an easy task but they can do it well since they know some of editing picture or pure.
As we know, KYC is becoming controversial among the contributor in crypto. There is pros and cons but its ok. Its normal.
But use fake data can be dangerous for our capital because can be frozen like above me said.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
March 15, 2018, 10:09:06 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Actually this statement have a good point,and its true that how can we assure that those  our submitted I.D in kyc is not been used in illegall activities,instead  the purpose of this kyc is to identify the real profile of the person he submitted  before he can participate the campaign or in claiming his bounty works.Supposedly this kyc implementation  have a positive and negative impact,the positve impact of this is to identify the person if he is the owner of that bounty campaign and reducing the spammer,while the big negative impact of this kyc that being  an anonymous of the person will become vulgar,and maybe that information that you pass in kyc is can be used  in some hacker in some illegal activities,or maybe can threats to ourself in some crimes.
Activity: 280
March 15, 2018, 09:46:51 PM
I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs

Yes the first option will be for running ico. The project which does not have ability will buy it from the project we send the id.
But the other side, good project would keep our personnal identity safe and use it for important thing like regulation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
March 15, 2018, 09:25:20 PM
KYC is sucking your personal data, be careful to send the doc,.I

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs. Only fools
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
March 15, 2018, 09:07:56 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

How sure are you that there are in fact people who sent fake identification documents? Do you have any basis in saying that there are indeed groups of people who are doing this? A reference may well support your serious allegations.

Anyway, if this is true then the KYC/AML are mechanisms that are futile and will not really serve the purpose to which they are designed for. I was also thinking of how effective this is. If all they need are IDs then everybody can easily secure one from anywhere else without really divulging their real identities.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 15, 2018, 09:01:15 PM
Would not recommend.  The benefits of getting into an ICO do not outweigh the cost of getting caught.  That said, it's common for people to connect with friends that are foreign nationals.
Activity: 291
March 15, 2018, 08:57:41 PM
When you send a fake id, it is very easy for them to check, if they have access to third party tools such as World Check etc. It is a required for them to report to the central banks if they received any fake documents or id.

KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries. It is a regulation put in place by Central Banks. This is to avoid Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. KYC verification is a crucial part of many transactions. I would gladly oblige/ follow the requirement for KYC if needed. However, they will need to provide the clause that they will only use our data / document for verification purposes only. You may email them first before submitting any documents.

I work in Compliance for a Bank. Soo i handle with fake id's on a daily basis.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Pre-sale - March 18
March 15, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs
Activity: 248
March 15, 2018, 08:28:29 PM
These guys might be making some sense here about the fake ID because we don't know what these governments are up to. Anyway it all depends on the type of questions asked in the form, we should be very careful about it. Like I was telling my friends that the whole idea about KYC negates the principle of decentralization we preaching about.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
March 15, 2018, 08:03:04 PM
I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.

I think that there is no way to verify documents properly. Of course scammers and dishonest project participants use this. However, I suppose there is a huge amount of fake ICOs which collect and sell our personal documents and this is much worst. So where is the truth?

If the way you talk like this then this is very bad since our personal identity is very high value.
Selling them by scam ico will impact to us. Maybe there are some project already sell our identity to other scam project. Its scary
Activity: 406
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
March 15, 2018, 07:06:47 PM
I have 2 passports, both are real. I use one that is not formally valid, but always passes verification. What are they afraid of verification, we're just bounty hunters and came here to earn a couple of coins)
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 15, 2018, 05:48:45 PM
Has anyone actually tried sending in a fake ID? Did it work? Would love to hear your story.
I have read that some people have done that and have been successful but you do not really want to get in trouble with the authorities if it is somehow find out that you used fake documents to register in an ico, I do not know the laws in your country but in most countries it is a very serious crime to impersonate someone else or to fake official documents.
Activity: 280
March 13, 2018, 09:18:45 AM
Whatever strategy you follow just to comply is up to you as long your ready to face the consequences. I honestly think that it is not safe to undergo KYC for airdrops. Perhaps if you are investing in an ICO then its better to send real documents to ensure your participation.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
March 13, 2018, 08:59:27 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR
I would be very careful handing your information over to any ICO unless you are a huge investor otherwise there is no real need for them to carry out KYC for smaller investors.

I would advise against using fake documentation as it might come back to bite you.

Activity: 364
Merit: 105
March 13, 2018, 08:50:01 AM

One  of the main reasons why Cryptocurrencies is famous and preferred is the fact that it provides anonymity. the documents such as passport and ID, required during verification already goes against one of the integral features of the trading platform,However sending fake ID for KYC seems to be a loophole hackers are exploiting. it also leave s a big concern for the future of ICO's.
ICO's are quick enough to accept your monies and yet they requuire KYC.this is really going contrary to the whole ideology of cryptocurrencies.
If banks and centralised organisations are doing this why should ICO's also do this. we really need to address this issues.
Activity: 6
March 13, 2018, 08:45:18 AM
I'm pretty sure that - if someone ask for my passport - I'll send a photoshopped one.
Do you have an idea what a bad guy can do with your data and your passport scan on deep web?
So, no way, more overe that I don't think they have the possibility to verify your data.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
March 12, 2018, 04:51:26 AM
I'm sure that no one should deceive the organizers of ICO and send false documents. It may very badly end for you. If you don't agree with the condition of the KYC, then find yourself another project for investment in which this is not.
Activity: 574
March 10, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
I think there's nothing wrong to submit your real id to kyc because this is legitimate process even in western union now they required to submit your kyc for safety purposes.But if you are sending a fake id to kyc that is a big problem in future because it might loose your money or profit in the end of the day.
Pages:
Jump to: