Pages:
Author

Topic: Server Power Supply Interface Board - for standalone miners and GPU rigs - page 4. (Read 120461 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I can tell by looking that it won't work on the 750W, at least not the ones I carry.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
That's super cool.
I'd love to see a higher rated, been looking. 60 amps would be nice Smiley

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
That is exactly what I'm wanting, but I'd like a heavier duty terminal,

The 32Amp terminals are the biggest (amperage wise) that I have had reason to search for, but there could be higher rated ones .... look at the usual places, aka digikey et al.

I mentioned the Mk2's I had in progress, here are some images .... all that is left is wiring in the switch and gluing them together.

The individal parts

The semi assembled plug
legendary
Got the perspex fittings to put together the Mk1 with two three pole connectors ..... this is for a 550W Dell server PSU (not sure it fits the 750W one, but I'll be getting that later this week). I also added a switch for the power  and had also designed a spare hole for the fan swicth (where the wires are protruding) but left it out on this one since the model I am going to run this on does not seem to turn down the fan.

Front view

Rear view

In situ

I also have a Mk2 which is top monted, as opposed to the side mounted Mk1 above, but have not put it together yet.

That is exactly what I'm wanting, but I'd like a heavier duty terminal,
Got the perspex fittings to put together the Mk1 with two three pole connectors ..... this is for a 550W Dell server PSU (not sure it fits the 750W one, but I'll be getting that later this week). I also added a switch for the power  and had also designed a spare hole for the fan swicth (where the wires are protruding) but left it out on this one since the model I am going to run this on does not seem to turn down the fan.

Front view

Rear view

In situ

I also have a Mk2 which is top monted, as opposed to the side mounted Mk1 above, but have not put it together yet.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
I have stock of 30 amp 2 pos 7.62mm screw terminals I can sell you.  I use them in some of the Gigampz breakout boards I build.   They have little channels on the side so you can join them together to be any length you need as long as it is a multiple of two.

Help me out.
2000 or say 2200 watts at 12v DC
Push 180 amps give or take
four of those can't handle that?
Trying to find a heavy duty lug, but not much luck

No way, they are rated for 30 Amps each you want a bare minimum of 6  (180 / 30 = 6)
legendary
I have stock of 30 amp 2 pos 7.62mm screw terminals I can sell you.  I use them in some of the Gigampz breakout boards I build.   They have little channels on the side so you can join them together to be any length you need as long as it is a multiple of two.

Help me out.
2000 or say 2200 watts at 12v DC
Push 180 amps give or take
four of those can't handle that?
Trying to find a heavy duty lug, but not much luck
legendary
Can anyone tell if the dps2000 has 4 independent rails on the back, or are they the same rail, with 4 out puts?

balancing is an issue I'm a bit worried about Smiley

Thanks.

It's a single 12 volt rail.

Thank you!
That means I can just solder the wires together across the four, than breakout form there. makes balancing much easier Smiley

The plugs are in town, fedex says today or tomorrow Cheesy
Can anyone tell if the dps2000 has 4 independent rails on the back, or are they the same rail, with 4 out puts?

Thanks.

It's a single 12 volt rail.
legendary

Thanks.
I can do 15% cheaper than the digikey list prices.  So for 30 $1.05 ea. Shipping to the UK might kill that savings though it would be a 6 oz package which would be $12.18 for First Class Mail.  Shipping to the US would be much less.  These prices assume payment in BTC.  I can also do Paypal but there are additional fees of 30 cents + 3% for that.
You are right, the shipping edges what I can get them for from Farnell as they offer free shipping on orders over a measly GBP 10.00, but that by just a couple of pounds.
Nevertheless, you edge Farnell out by accepting BTC so I will order from you when I run low on them as a couple of pounds is a price I am willing to pay to add footfall (however small ...) to the BTC system.
How about canadian shipping? Smiley

$7 - $10 for 10 - 60 pieces.
Well without knowing your prices and shipping costs, I'd have know way of knowing that.

Lets just say 15% off the Digi-key list prices to keep things simple.  Shipping would be whatever actual shipping cost is from US zip code 21230.  These weigh 2oz. per 10 pieces.  You can use the ebay shipping calculator to estimate shipping cost.
legendary
How about canadian shipping? Smiley
Well if you want to compare what I'm offering to Digi-key they carry a similar part...

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=20020705-M021B01LF

I can beat their list prices on this item though because I buy a lot of them direct from the manufacture but suit yourself.
I'd be interested in these depending on the overall cost (including shipping to UK). What'd be the price + shipping for a lot of 30 2 poles?

I can do 15% cheaper than the digikey list prices.  So for 30 $1.05 ea. Shipping to the UK might kill that savings though it would be a 6 oz package which would be $12.18 for First Class Mail.  Shipping to the US would be much less.  These prices assume payment in BTC.  I can also do Paypal but there are additional fees of 30 cents + 3% for that.
legendary
Well without knowing your prices and shipping costs, I'd have know way of knowing that.
Well if you want to compare what I'm offering to Digi-key they carry a similar part...

I can beat their list prices on this item though because I buy a lot of them direct from the manufacture but suit yourself.
I'd be interested in these depending on the overall cost (including shipping to UK). What'd be the price + shipping for a lot of 30 2 poles?

those would.work, prefer to source direct off digikey though Smiley

legendary

those would.work, prefer to source direct off digikey though Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: