Pages:
Author

Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★ - page 21. (Read 43727 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Explorer Offline. where another link?
Dev fund 18% where is going to?

Don't understand why you are scared of where 18% dev funds are going to?
Funds are at the same place of they where always was...
About block explorer, probably is down because we are looking to fix the problem and make the network safer as it was..
You can check another block explorer on Prohashing site
https://prohashing.com/explorer/SolarFlarecoin/
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
Explorer Offline. where another link?
Dev fund 18% where is going to?
As you already know, yesterday the network suffered a "Time Warp" attack (for those wo want to read something http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/48503/how-does-a-time-warp-attack-work)
We already found some solutions on the problems, and we are going to update the new source code that should prevent this to happen again in future.
We are increasing the number of confirmations required to spend funds, that's will cause some wait on transactions, but will ensure the network preventing that a future attacker will move their coins easily.
We are also adjusting difficulty retarget time (in addition setting a correct look through history blocks) in order to prevent that the network will be stuck on high difficulty with long wait for retarget at acceptable difficulty, and thats will help a lot the network.
So what we suggest is to put your mining operations in pause, as also the pool have to update to the new code.
As soon as the new code is up, we inform you to download and update your clients.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
I saw a bunch of you were dumping because of this minor issue, and just bought another bag full. Thanks dumpers.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
blocks won't be reversed, what has happened,has happened. reversing blocks now back would cost lots of people including exchange money as many bought cheap coins in the exchange after all. soon there will be fork taking place in 2 sections. first part includes 2 things to happen

1.confirmation time increase at first to give security by making it harder to complete attack
2.lowering of the retargeting time and increasing block history check to prevent difficulty sticking up for long and slowing whole blockchain

second part will be implementation of ACP to strenghten up security and to prevent this from happening

by now, you are able to mine if you want and as soon as preparations are complete and the fork is close,it will be informed. Any questions about things,feel free to ask in here or send email address through pm and I invite you to join us in slack

I'm not familiar on this matter so in layman's term , will the current coins gets burn if the hard fork progresses? It will all get vanished?
I have some coins on cryptopia and have bought it for a price of 200 satoshi and kind of worried Sad Thanks

Nothing will happen to existing coins,and absolutely will not burned!
All balances are safe and you will be able to spend/trade your coins like now Smiley
Just be carefull when you change version of wallet if you have coins on it, don't deleting the file wallet.dat otherwise, yes, your coins will be lost.

That's good to hear , thanks for replying quick. Yeah I will definitely backup my wallet.dat file Smiley
Good luck to the SFC  Wink to the sky and the moon.
blocks won't be reversed, what has happened,has happened. reversing blocks now back would cost lots of people including exchange money as many bought cheap coins in the exchange after all. soon there will be fork taking place in 2 sections. first part includes 2 things to happen

1.confirmation time increase at first to give security by making it harder to complete attack
2.lowering of the retargeting time and increasing block history check to prevent difficulty sticking up for long and slowing whole blockchain

second part will be implementation of ACP to strenghten up security and to prevent this from happening

by now, you are able to mine if you want and as soon as preparations are complete and the fork is close,it will be informed. Any questions about things,feel free to ask in here or send email address through pm and I invite you to join us in slack

I'm not familiar on this matter so in layman's term , will the current coins gets burn if the hard fork progresses? It will all get vanished?
I have some coins on cryptopia and have bought it for a price of 200 satoshi and kind of worried Sad Thanks

Nothing will happen to existing coins,and absolutely will not burned!
All balances are safe and you will be able to spend/trade your coins like now Smiley
Just be carefull when you change version of wallet if you have coins on it, don't deleting the file wallet.dat otherwise, yes, your coins will be lost.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

Activity: 252
So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.

So then everyone should stop mining at this time, as it will be for nothing then , correct ?

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.

So then everyone should stop mining at this time, as it will be for nothing then , correct ?

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
here's the original posts Solarflarecoin referred to when he said "same as Fedoracoin had"

Original post link for the below https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4171019

TIPS Hardfork FAQ

Q: Why a wallet-update that is causing a fork?
A: At some point in the recent past an attacker started to orphanize every and all blocks of all other TIPS miners.
The attacker was seemingly able to deliberatly orphanize any block or group of blocks he wished and claim them for himself.
Ahmed aka mrbodz kindly provided a new wallet source based on latest Feathercoin sources that uses ACP,
advanced checkpointing which counters this possible attack vector. Actually the new wallet would use the same blockchain as before,
but would refuse to accept series of blocks that orphanize large numbers of previous (honestly) mined blocks.
So as soon as the first attack started the new and improved wallet forked and stuck to the blocks of honest miners.

as said,this is under investigation, but it seems atm very similar on what happened there..
Sorry for late reply but i was out the whole day and can't check whats the problem was.
This morning an user noticed a strange jump in blocks, from ~4800 to actual 9601
looks like that the attacker (probably  a big miner with fake timestamps)
was seemingly able to orphanize a group of blocks from other miners and claiming them for himself, exactly how happen to Fedoracoin time ago.
The attacker used that trick and all blocks was gone to the address
http://blockexp.com:8075/address/SQiQU76y3QK6TpaKQwo7VJUSeZMpn3zxRZ

Now we are looking to further investigate how that was possible, and we are getting in touch with all pool owners for understand what caused the problem
We can't say nothing more at the moment, we continue to investigate and we will keep you posted through the forum and twitter!
Of course if someone want to help us some help, any help is welcome.
Joshua.
Few hours ago was block 4880, now 9600) How come? Who found all this blocks so quickly?

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.

This address SQiQU76y3QK6TpaKQwo7VJUSeZMpn3zxRZ got all coins.

How is this even possible ?

Easily, when developer cheating us)

Developer, What do you have to say for this ?

it's not a work of developer, we noticed this also and shared a quick word on slack with him. he will investigate this as soon as he gets home, but so far it's only known that the address mentioned above managed to generate the coins somehow, not through pools,but through solo actions and slowly moved them in exchange and sold them away.

EDIT: if I find out something more,I let everyone know, but atm that's all I know
Few hours ago was block 4880, now 9600) How come? Who found all this blocks so quickly?

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.

Developer, What do you have to say for this ?
Activity: 146

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.

Activity: 146

Feeling lucky that some stupid people's are dumping on me thousand of their coins for such low value Grin
Already happened with previous 600 sat jump and soon will happen again!
See you soon @ 10X actual value!!

PS: love that coin  Wink

We think that who is selling at such low price probably in future will rethink on that  Wink
we recognize that the coin at the moment is traded at a price much below their real price, probably with some new improvements that will jump up, making happy all $SFC holders  Grin

Just today we sent our request to get added on the big family of altcoins of Shapeshift (that could help us a lot on managing our platform payment system) and the exchange Bitstamp.
Not least, soon you will get more info about us on https://www.worldcoinindex.com

And there they go again, selling by the 10,000's, bring the price down.. but hey, Im holding my 100,000 and counting Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: