Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 24. (Read 2948 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
It totally depends on the project as far as I am concerned, Not all airdrops are shit and it depends on the way the airdrop comes. Some coins call it airdrop but they still make you work for it either with your social media page or even signatures, like POStoken.

However, there are some that you just see in your wallet or you just do not do anything for it and you just drop your wallet address to receive them. Any good project will not just airdrop anyhow and I have never liked the idea anyway. If you feel it is a project worth waiting for, then why not? If not, discard as soon as you can.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I would personally sell off those coins as most of the coins when reach exchange take much time to turn in to profits. There are many coins in the market which come and go in no time , still they may have very less value , never the less i wouldnt get into such deals. I get the coins, i sell them off at whatever price they are. The early we sell the more profit , this is what i feel and there many investors as well who hold for certain period till the coins value doubles, that also not a bad idea.
Activity: 226
I joined all telegram group of my airdrop token to know the progress and the the dev team
If it looks good I will consider to buy some more other than my airdrop token
But yes, you need quite plenty of time to do that
Some of those telegram devs tho...they're promising to revolutionize the blockchain but spend the whole day on telegram  Tongue. I actually find it really difficult to gauge a project by its telegram.
trk
Activity: 228
I joined all telegram group of my airdrop token to know the progress and the the dev team
If it looks good I will consider to buy some more other than my airdrop token
But yes, you need quite plenty of time to do that
Activity: 226
Tough call.

My ethereumlite tokens were worth about $650 when they peaked at around $1.4. Didn't cost me anything to get them, so in a way I haven't lost anything. There was potential for it to easily hit $2 by the end of this week, but then drama-hack-scam-whatever and it's down to $0.30.

Should I have sold at $1.4? Yeah.
Would I regret selling if the price went to $3? Yeah.

I originally thought I should hold airdrops for at least two months, but now I'm not sure, although I am still leaning toward holding them for a few months for the small chance that they do succeed (int he market at least). If money comes into crypto in 2018 a few of these airdopped coins might pump or get attention.
Activity: 443
Merit: 110
Cool. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the eBTCnew tokens on my wallet.
I think this is the first time I benefited from hodling tokens from an airdrop. Everybody is telling me to sell, but I believe there may be a good future for this one and yellow token might be good. The folks are trying hard.
Watch out for the gas.  I sold a few of my shit ones just to clean up my wallet that I use for airdrops and I ended up negative or even on the transactions.  Also if one has good volume it would be a good idea to ride it out. There are some airdrops from 1-2 years ago worth 6 and even 7 figures now.
,basically some of those who availed few years ago was still holding until now, their own reason is that, it is just free so they just keep it all and just locked it aways, luckily they are at good price in the market now, and for some circumstances i wanna try those airdrops also and keep it locked away.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Generally airdrops are done without any projects, so we call them shitcoin. If this type of airdrop's price is pumped, I prefer to sell all of them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
Cool. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the eBTCnew tokens on my wallet.
I think this is the first time I benefited from hodling tokens from an airdrop. Everybody is telling me to sell, but I believe there may be a good future for this one and yellow token might be good. The folks are trying hard.
Watch out for the gas.  I sold a few of my shit ones just to clean up my wallet that I use for airdrops and I ended up negative or even on the transactions.  Also if one has good volume it would be a good idea to ride it out. There are some airdrops from 1-2 years ago worth 6 and even 7 figures now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
Well yea most of the airdrop coins are almost worthless. You need to decide if those airdrop coins have potential to gain value in the future. Most of the time they won’t but still it’s safer do a detailed analysis before dumping them.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
just hold them for some days if there are no serious purpose behind them. follow them on block folio. after they increased from 200-500% u can sell them quickly.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hold or dump depends from the airdropped coin, same is with icos. Dumping is what people do with to get some money fast, I noticed that same is happening with many icos, people getnin presales when there is a discount for buying and soon when they can seel they do it and go to another ico. I hold some ico tokens and I participated in few airdrops, I hold them even thou they don't worth much now, I will rather wait and take more in some time then something little now. That is risk, their price can drop more and I can lose what I already have, but that risk I'm willing to take for some altcoins I have.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Gday! I would recommend to hodl these shit coins. Now they cost app-ly nothing. In future there is a likelihood that the price may increase. So HODL.
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
Do they have any value?!
The few I received really worth nothing
legendary
Activity: 895
Merit: 1001
hold then , because all they are free and you never know what will happen in the future

but do not buy more , just hold
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
You should consider your tokens' value. If the price of your token goes up, you should trade it immediately and don't wait for its price to go down. If you also think its value is beneficial, take it.
Activity: 266
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
The first thing that I do before deciding to dump or sell the tokens that I get from airdrops is to look for their project, if their project has potential then I HODL but if it is created just for the benefit of devs then I will dump it.
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
Hold on to them, who knows, they might be worth thousands in a few years
Activity: 140
Hello,
I think you should keep it because they will continue to push the price of it up, if you sell it soon you will lose your profits.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...

you already have the answer in this sentence Wink

when talking about price, it is all a speculation. and when you speculate a lot of people will be selling what they get, that simply means price will drop inevitably. selling in this case is a no brainier.
besides, if you are so worried about missing out on the afterwards rise, then just buy back.
Pages:
Jump to: