Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them? - page 25. (Read 2948 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 15
Just advice from me "Sell Them". Because most airdrop tokens are just a big scam. tut not all, out there are still many tokens that can be trusted you just have to be careful. Good luck!
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
It really depends of the token purpose. If it was made just as a pump and dump token, then you should sell it when you have a chance, no point of keeping it. Some airdrops have a good project behind and you can recognise that quite fast from website, twitter, telegam. Those are worth holding.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
Me i usually wait for the doubled price of the token i received from any bounty altcoin campaigns it doesnt hurt if you wait for a long or a months is it because youll only wait for it  to grow and do literally nothing until it grows. So keep it all and wait for the doubled value of the rates you received better take more bounty campaigns in the altcoin discussion if you want more income. It is so easy i know you know that i know you know how to post hahah

I would suggest that you hold on to them. Companies or business entities airdrop tokens to have it scattered and be known in the market. It's value, on the other hand, is not yet in its best potential, thus, it would be better to hold on to them until such time the tokens become more recognized and company where it came from would appraise their value in its real market price. Some people, as I have read, even hold on to those airdropped tokens for years, until such time that the business where it's related with blooms, and so, it's value would be exponentially higher.
Activity: 230
Merit: 250
Some airdrops are crap it's an easy money for the dev and team, I noticed their's no road map for a long term run project. If I received from an airdrop I usually dump but if the the project is promising one I sell the half of the tokens and wait for some updates. On the other hand, be thankful if you're into an airdrop for the free money!.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
If you believe in the project, HODL but if you don't believe in it, sell it. Though, most of the recent airdrops are not worth hodling
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
what a reason to hold airdrop tokens? it's free ,not large amount and that's only shitcoin have no future.
is good to sell quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
If you are the owner of that project and you believe that your project has potential and will be worth millions are you going to give it away that easy? Maybe its part of their marketing plan but if there's a huge demand of the token and people are lining up to buy it, so again, why give it away. Sell them as fast as you can as others are also thinking the same way.
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
Depends on what they are worth and how you feel about the project
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Airdrop is total crap!
The tokens are total crap - It's like the crappiest ICO but even low. No one needs the stuff. So sell them if they are worth anything.

*Although made once a couple of hundreds by airdrops on Waves but it was in the beginning.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
Generally I sell at least half , maybe 3/4 as most of these tokes will never attain a great deal of value. Hold onto a few is not bad though if you like to gamble a bit. I have found this strategy to net me a nice little profit.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
no reason to hold airdrop tokens because that just shitcoins just sell quickly when it's available in exchanger.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
Most airdrops these days are at first the dev will pump his coin and at a later date it will eventually dump. I experience this most and I observe the market. So, much better Sell yours and be wise enough, don't let your emotions hold on to the coins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
Futurov
If your airdropped tokens has a roadmap or future plan
Just wait until they realized the roadmap
Because, Not all airdropcoin is bad, sometimes the team of the project has a serious development on it
Activity: 130
Guys, can you share with your statistics of air drops? If it is possible, can you provide numbers? How much did you get from air drops (in USD for example) ? Which air drops?
I have never taken a part in air drop campaigns, so I want to know if it is worthy to join such campaigns and to spend time on it. As I see there are lots of topics about such coins that is why I become interested in them so much. The main thing I know according to your posts is that you do not need to hold such coins, it is better to sell them instantly. Am I right?
Thank you in advance!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hello,

Airdropped tokens are usually going to dumped hard one way or another, especially if they have nothing to offer that is new. I'm not referring to airdropped tokens that are legit such as clams or byteball but rather all the eBTC, eETH etc. tokens here.

Sell them while you still can, unless you really think that the token has a future.

Even Vitalik Buterin said that 90% tokens will fail.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
The answer lies inside your question itself, SELL. As more rounds of airdrops are conducted, the token gets diluted and expect the price to drop to a valueless amount. So while dealing with an airdropped coin just have one thing in mind: as your investment is 0, sell everything for the maximum value possible and this would most likely be just after disbursements.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
in my opinion you should hold them because 1 out 100 airdrops may become huge like ripple.
ripple was an airdrop and its the 4th largest crypto in the market
Activity: 270
It depends on the coin you are in. Most airdrop are from shit coins trying to get a quick buck in etherdelta, but fortunately there are legit ones. You just have to DYOR to decide whether to hold or not. There have been a number of XXX coin ETH version of coins going out lately and obviously they're all shit coins (Etherreum Dark, Blue really??), but there are also legit ones like DeepOnion. They are on round 16 out of 40 and the airdrop rules have changed so far to help accomodate new entrants. The previous system for airdrop participants requires around 10 posts/ week to help promote the coin but right now it was dropped to 5, and the application process was re-worked so that it's easier to join. It's a pretty good coin with a large and solid community, great developers and user interaction and most of all an outstanding product. It's geared towards privacy (which is a must in today's government tracking efforts) and a whole lot mroe of features for a secure transaction in the blockchain. I suggest you check them out and decide for yourself. I'm personally rooting for them to be one of the top tier coins in the privacy sector in the years to come.
Activity: 286
Merit: 11
Airdropped coins are unnaturally getting higher values nowadays, I think it's better to sell them if they have high value and are already listed for more than a week.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
most of airdrops scammy for me, so i refer to sell it as soon as i got them on my account.
Pages:
Jump to: