Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 2. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 2
May 16, 2019, 06:17:41 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Of course 100%, ICO's should be regulated. What happened last 2017 really put a dirt in the faces of investors due to scam projects and it was not really good sight to watch. Great thing that STO's and IEO's is now happening and that provides the security that us, investors needed when participating in these startups. A project that has one of the guys who founded Pokemon has their cryptocollectible project in an IEO and it sold out, easy. A reputable name and sales to back the project up will definitely help. Though ICO's are not really dead, they're still worth to look at as long as you DYOR.

Yep, ICO's are still being used by other legit projects. I've seen a couple but I also see some that are considering entering IEO's because they're having issues raising funds in an ICO stage.
Activity: 246
Merit: 0
May 16, 2019, 06:15:36 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Of course 100%, ICO's should be regulated. What happened last 2017 really put a dirt in the faces of investors due to scam projects and it was not really good sight to watch. Great thing that STO's and IEO's is now happening and that provides the security that us, investors needed when participating in these startups. A project that has one of the guys who founded Pokemon has their cryptocollectible project in an IEO and it sold out, easy. A reputable name and sales to back the project up will definitely help. Though ICO's are not really dead, they're still worth to look at as long as you DYOR.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
May 16, 2019, 04:24:39 AM
now more investors are turning to the IEO and if this continues to be allowed ICO will not be in demand and will be abandoned forever.
if there is no regulation this might be the end of the ICO.

Initially the IEO looked good and promising, but I'm sure that someday many scam projects in the IEO, scammers will never shut up and they are always looking for ways to make money easily.
I agree with you because not all IEOs are good and I see a lot of IEOs scattered in various very long markets to complete the IEO according to their targets and of course someday there will be an IEO scammer, fraudsters always have many strategies for that we must be careful.
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
May 16, 2019, 12:55:03 AM
ICO has regulations that will help growth for crypto, reduce phishing projects. Hope this will come true soon. It is impossible for the scammers to laugh on the pain of investors.
Activity: 896
Merit: 17
May 16, 2019, 12:51:19 AM
To date, ICO is carried out by all and Sundry, so many became scammers that the site is well made, white paper and even the team is transparent, but still there are scammers, regulation is necessary, at least for the responsibility of the ICO team to investors.
Activity: 384
Merit: 10
May 16, 2019, 12:40:04 AM
now more investors are turning to the IEO and if this continues to be allowed ICO will not be in demand and will be abandoned forever.

Initially the IEO looked good and promising, but I'm sure that someday many scam projects in the IEO, scammers will never shut up and they are always looking for ways to make money easily.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
May 16, 2019, 12:32:24 AM
It is very difficult to make regulations about ico. blockchan has an anonymous feature. if there is a requirement for investigation, it is meaningless
Sorry but that's wrong, they are not regulating blockchain, they will be regulating the ICO or the crowdsale.
The regulation would be, if the team will scam, they will go in jail, that's so simple.

Also, there is a requirement before running an ICO, they need to pass it, otherwise they will not be allowed to run.
Thus, we investors can be assured that this people have legit knowledge on the project.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
May 15, 2019, 11:54:22 PM

What would be the impact if we allow regulatory commissions to handle the ICO or any investment platform on cryptocurrency? Well actually, the freedom that we already have now is the best option that we already have. We should exercise and be responsible enough and that's good. Allowing regulations will going to incur restrictions on our capabilities.
but in the absence of regulation many are used by fraudsters to take advantage of the suitability. many made the ico project, and finally they brought in investor funds. of course all decisions must have risks
Activity: 309
Merit: 1
May 15, 2019, 11:18:46 PM
It is very difficult to make regulations about ico. blockchan has an anonymous feature. if there is a requirement for investigation, it is meaningless
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
May 15, 2019, 09:38:42 PM

What would be the impact if we allow regulatory commissions to handle the ICO or any investment platform on cryptocurrency? Well actually, the freedom that we already have now is the best option that we already have. We should exercise and be responsible enough and that's good. Allowing regulations will going to incur restrictions on our capabilities.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 15, 2019, 09:11:44 PM
Even if it gets regulated there will still be scam projects as they will work around the system.  Therefore the system has to be so strict that only the best of the best get to do ICOs.  Most governments will just want to see ICOs go away in general but since there is so much demand for regulations, especially in Korea, that they will have standards that could only be met by projects that are well funded, established, and with a product or service. 
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
May 15, 2019, 09:01:15 PM
If there are regulations when it comes to collecting money, we will not see the frauds being conducted like we have seen in the past, scammers will find a  way to fraud people in any situation, be it in the form of ICO or IEO, exchanges are doing that by collecting  money and i am not sure of their verification process for someone to conduct those funding's. I am not telling all the fraud will be gone when it is regulated but we will have some control over the amount of scam projects .
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 15, 2019, 08:13:29 PM
Investors don't believe blindly to the all promised whitepaper and roadmaps but there are some factors which we shouldn't ignore. The regulation will bring both good and bad attention to the crypto industry.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
May 15, 2019, 08:09:43 PM
Yes, I think the ICO must have a new regulation which of course must have high standards if an ICO is published in this forum so that investors trust the existing ICO more and reduce the risk of fraud which is very detrimental to many parties.
Activity: 378
May 15, 2019, 07:57:10 PM
A lot of the people out there have heard almost everything about the crypto industry but almost 90% are just waiting for the industry to be regulated in other to feel safe and invest or trade. Regulation of ICOs will put an end to scam projects which is a very good move. I think regulation can lead to mass adoption and ICOs should be regulated.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
May 15, 2019, 07:00:14 PM
Activity: 566
May 15, 2019, 06:46:34 PM
There is no doubt that a height level regulation need to be installed in the crypto community so as to protect investors from scammers. When ICOs are regulated, the level of confidence of potential investor will increase, knowing fully well that his investment in safe hands.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
May 15, 2019, 06:42:16 PM
I agree that the ICO must be regulated, because now the ICO has lost a lot of trust and many people are now turning to the IEO. if not regulated, maybe in the near future the ICO will be extinct.
We have to save the ICO as it's where great projects are born, like ETH for instance.
For now, we are seeing a big collapse of the ICO industry as people now have a choice where to invest and they are patronizing IEO for that.
Also, there are cheap coins now that was dump hard during the bear season, so investors will choose to buy these coins that start in a new one in ICO.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 15, 2019, 06:22:03 PM
I agree that the ICO must be regulated, because now the ICO has lost a lot of trust and many people are now turning to the IEO. if not regulated, maybe in the near future the ICO will be extinct.
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost
May 15, 2019, 05:30:19 PM
Yeah if ICOs are regulated it would help get rid of the useless and scam projects that are circulating the cryptospace and also making investors lose their monies. This would also increase the confidence in crypto projects investments.
Pages:
Jump to: