Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 5. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 1
April 12, 2019, 04:03:52 PM
Interestingly, if ICOs are regulated, it will bring sanctity to the crypto space.
More investors will have confidence in the system and they will see the need to come in.
This will also foster the lunch of more active and working projects.
Activity: 94
Merit: 19
April 12, 2019, 02:33:28 PM
While it is true that the business model known as ICO seems to be in the process of disappearing, in case these came to prevail for more time I have no doubt that a stricter regulation will be indispensable in this respect, because although it is true that the intrusion of the authorities can undermine the principle of anonymity and privacy that so much interests in cryptospace, there seems to be no alternative before so much frauds that has prevailed in the market all this time.

Or we choose one thing or the other, but apparently we can not have both.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
April 12, 2019, 02:19:57 PM
Yes I agree with that. Though it is really difficult to implement since bounty hunters and investors wanted to be anonymous. The nature of Cryptocurrency is P2P which will make it more difficult to be implemented. But of course, we agree for the regulated ICO to prevent scammers.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 11, 2019, 02:38:01 PM
it sound that thither have to be a especial group to be capable to watch over or view a programme much as a corporation that ask for investors and sharers in charitableness huntsman causes to start target. if the propose, it is workable or not so that thither are not various juke charity programmes arriving and various trickery. which after all investors are loath to endure which outcome in releases.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 11, 2019, 02:00:43 PM
Of course, it is necessary to regulate the ICO sphere to revive it, but most likely the ICO sphere will not be regulated. If ICO were regulated, there would be less skams in the market
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
April 11, 2019, 01:55:02 PM
The inevitability of punishment should be the line for which potential fraudsters in the person of the project team will not dare to cross. Therefore, it is necessary to negotiate regulation in this matter within the framework of the world community. A solution to such a global scale today is unrealistic. Questions are solved at the level of certain states. And this is regrettable. Perhaps you need to look for some other ways to solve this problem.
Activity: 36
April 11, 2019, 01:24:12 PM
Of line, I recognise that various humans achieve not wish to understand almost adjustment, on the other hand this for free marketplace is many and many unsafe representing investors, many and many buncos are composed to move fast cash. Is that equitable?
Activity: 26
April 11, 2019, 01:17:27 PM
You answered your examination yourself, its representing the defence from scammers. The essence of cryptocurrency nevertheless existence p2p is decentralised which is loss to be forming it hard, they buoy control the company/team that desire be behavior ICO on the other hand the currentness itself ballplayer not be contained in arrears to irresoluteness aloof as how BTC or ETH is.
Activity: 1260
April 11, 2019, 02:48:24 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

I think IEO is same as ICO being regulated by other parties, like exchanges.
If the regulation will create some advantages for ICO investors, then it is ok to be regulated.
We all want to reduce the chance for investing in fraud projects, so we won't loss more money anymore.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
April 10, 2019, 11:37:07 PM
After failed with many ICO with listed lower price on exchange market I think ICO need regulated where many ICO have success pass hard cap but still always lower price than ICO after listing on exchange market.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
April 10, 2019, 11:30:22 PM
They should, but it is very difficult to be regulated globally.  Waiting for some kind of solution the ICO fund raising has collapsed. IEOs are the new trend for crowdfunding in 2019.

It collapse but it did not mean is already gone, ICO is still here even IEO is the new popular way of raising funds now.
Government regulation will not take effect instantly, they have to study the crypto market yet, and it take time, so we just have to wait now.
With lots of scammers in crypto now, that will be their basis of regulating this market.
Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
April 10, 2019, 07:51:39 PM
They should, but it is very difficult to be regulated globally.  Waiting for some kind of solution the ICO fund raising has collapsed. IEOs are the new trend for crowdfunding in 2019.

Activity: 18
April 10, 2019, 12:39:00 PM
Yes. It should.The interesting thing about ICOs is that all business is conducted electronically on global blockchain networks, so it is very easy for companies to locate themselves where the regulation is most appropriate.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
April 10, 2019, 12:16:48 PM
It should have been regulated from the very start. ICO is just a honey pot for scammers. Even up to this point there are still ICO that is coming out in the market that is not regulated and just waiting for an investor to be victimized.
Activity: 602
April 10, 2019, 12:12:04 PM
I think that smart contracts should control the flow of money. Because it is they who today must learn to do this. People are always selfish, this is our sin. Machines do not know such intent and do not yet know what it is.
Activity: 126
April 10, 2019, 11:49:51 AM
Taking into consideration the big equivalent of bunco related with ICOs by and by, various investors are at danger of loosing their assets. Charity stalkers similar us are not spared as we ballplayer be translation for free utility to any scammers and furthermore risking our individual information.I surmise a restrictive item be fix up to scrutinize the ICO mechanism and the originator, and whether anything goes erroneous or should the propose betray, they desire be apt. This desire decrease drastically investors danger and furthermore hold scammers out. What achieve you anticipate?
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
April 10, 2019, 08:25:24 AM
in my opinion, i feel there is  a serious need for the regulation of ICOs. The level at which people are been scammed is alarming, day in day out...scam projects are launched. majority of people fall victims, investors are scarred of investing as some of them are still unable to recover from the loss incurred in previous projects they were scammed. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
April 09, 2019, 10:54:46 AM
As scammers have cheated many investors over the past one year, so some type of regulation is necessary. It would increase the investors confidence on ICOs.

So come up with regulation already. Than you do not like IEO, which hold large exchanges and thus act as a regulator. They check projects before listing and guarantee their investors safe investment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 09, 2019, 07:46:55 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

To the best of my idea and knowledge about cryptocurrency, creating a mass regulation has its limits, and it can just incur a lot of boundaries that people around the cryptospace might not want. But if we are talking here just about the ICOs in the market, proper verification of the team, and proper compliance is enough.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 09, 2019, 07:06:58 AM
Regulation of icos is definitely a very good move in a cryptocurrency space this is because the major problem out there is the case of different projects scamming investors of their money but recently the initial exchange offerings have shown that when due diligence is done and a project can be trusted of its validity and also its team verified then it can have a good chance of making very good return on investment for investors especially in exchanges.
Presently the exchanges hosting initial exchange offerings do the due diligence for investors but in a situation where by regulation is done then project do not necessarily need to have initial exchange offering to get there fundraising goal.
Pages:
Jump to: