Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 10. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 103
April 03, 2019, 10:38:33 AM
Lack of regulation over ICOs has led to investors desiring to invest more in IEOs and perhaps STOs, but I think focus is more on IEO at the moment.
I would have desired that ICOs be regulated, because that is what most retail investors, who do not have access to huge funds, invest in.
That's what to expect from the market cryptocurrency. Under the influence of constant claims to conduct the ICO market independently evolved and now the responsibility for the sale of tokens lay on the trading platforms, which actually positively will play on the security of investors funds.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
April 03, 2019, 09:47:49 AM
Lack of regulation over ICOs has led to investors desiring to invest more in IEOs and perhaps STOs, but I think focus is more on IEO at the moment.
I would have desired that ICOs be regulated, because that is what most retail investors, who do not have access to huge funds, invest in.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
April 03, 2019, 08:58:35 AM
Regulation of ICO and IEO projects in the same way should be, and it will be, because today there are very big risks in order to be deceived. If today you see that you have been deceived, then you will also be in charge of the regulation.
Activity: 544
Merit: 1
April 03, 2019, 08:32:48 AM
In my opinion, I think they should be regulated due to the high rate of fraudulent activities going on in the crypto industries. Where startup projects only want to scam people of their hard earned money
Activity: 368
Merit: 2
April 03, 2019, 08:08:15 AM
I strongly agree and support if the ICO supervisory institution is formed, I am very confident that within a few years governments around the world will begin to discuss this matter, ICO is very useful if used correctly, even can help a country.
You have a good point there but remember that it is not easy to regulate activities in the cryptosphere. People have the financial freedom to do whatever they want to do with their projects. Maybe in the near  future, we may see some cool regulations
Activity: 130
March 28, 2019, 12:53:14 PM
If you cannot estimate the risk of your business, then you are a brave man to try and succeed.

If rules are clear, legal risks can be addressed. At the moment, these risks can only be estimated. Reducing regulatory uncertainty will reduce barriers to entry for all that are not comfortable with the current legal landscape.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
March 28, 2019, 12:41:27 PM
if anyone is able to manage it this is very good news, but it is impossible because there are many new projects all the time and they also have rights because they are already the rules. but if it is true that the ICO regulates this, it will benefit all parties
Activity: 384
Merit: 10
March 28, 2019, 12:04:09 PM
Yes we need it, strict regulations should be made, as we know that red markets make investors not want to put their money in, this is what makes many ICOs fail to reach the target so that the presence of regulation is the right idea.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
March 28, 2019, 11:55:32 AM
if ico intends to sell their tokens to general public, i like to see them getting regulated for clients' protection.  however, if the company ico is kinda private, something like selling the tokens to its workers or customers, then it may not be regulated.
In my opinion whether it's private or not eitherway it still need some kind of regulation. You know consumer or investor protection is always better. People have tired handing over complicated requirement for merely investing meanwhile the ICO holders
could easily scam us if they want, but with regulation, that problem will be eliminated.
Activity: 938
Merit: 266
March 28, 2019, 11:39:20 AM
if ico intends to sell their tokens to general public, i like to see them getting regulated for clients' protection.  however, if the company ico is kinda private, something like selling the tokens to its workers or customers, then it may not be regulated.
Activity: 331
March 28, 2019, 11:35:53 AM
Crypto currencies is already a decentralised system brought by the blockchain technology and smart contracts. The purpose of decentralization will be forfeited if Governmental bodies are brought in by means of regulations. Rather a system of escrowing investors' fund should be introduced. This will help fraudulent practices from ICO's to be checked
copper member
Activity: 1568
Merit: 0
March 22, 2019, 12:27:30 PM
Definately ICOs should be a regulated, if the ICOs regulated then then it will be a big change in crypto market and those investors who have also invested in crypto then they will get so relief.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
March 22, 2019, 08:43:36 AM
As you know most of ICO's was scams and not getting any benefits by investors, so IEO is good opportunity to invest in crypto and IEO also should regulate.
If you are looking for an ICO with regulations, you should look at the STOs. The STOs are less likely to be scam due to some regulations, but that does not mean prices will not go down when they are listed. In addition, the sale of IEOs at central exchanges makes the regulations unnecessary. Already you should pass KYC in the exchange.
Activity: 616
March 22, 2019, 08:29:07 AM
Regulation in general is a process that was created for centralized intervention; this is clearly not considered and does not relate to the decentralized process. Therefore, let something else be regulated, but not cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
March 22, 2019, 07:00:08 AM
It should be regulated all the ICOs to protect our investors as we all know there is a lot of scammers out there, if the ICOs was regulated i think most of the investors are not going afraid of putting there investments in ICOs.
Activity: 546
March 22, 2019, 06:33:03 AM
I think the ICO is now gradually moving to the IEO, because the IEO is a safe investment and it has been proven that many projects have succeeded in implementing the current IEO, so that the ICO itself seems to have to improve so that it runs well again. Ico must be tightened again.
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
March 22, 2019, 06:20:34 AM
As you know most of ICO's was scams and not getting any benefits by investors, so IEO is good opportunity to invest in crypto and IEO also should regulate.
Activity: 448
March 21, 2019, 09:54:20 PM
I don't think it will be implemented and if it really don't then we have the SEC to do their jobs and do a subpoena on these ICO scammers. There will always be a trace because they are using ETH to collect money and US has the most sophisticated cybercrime investigations tools to find them anywhere in the world.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
March 21, 2019, 09:40:33 PM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.

Many good ICOs can reach the target and i dont think ICOs already dead. Its true many scam ICOs last year and i think government regulation needed for ICOs because its involve peoples money from all around the world
Who was saying about that never try to do a lot of research to the current market. A lot of icos are still getting a lot of funds. That guy must take a look at how the latest performance on independent ico and IEO. He may wrong about that.
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
March 21, 2019, 09:24:11 PM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.

Many good ICOs can reach the target and i dont think ICOs already dead. Its true many scam ICOs last year and i think government regulation needed for ICOs because its involve peoples money from all around the world
We are hoping for the best, we thought we don't need their intervention but now that these scams are so alarming, we should need this market to be regulated the soonest. If we still don't trust ICO, we can go with IEO and I think this is safer than the latter.
Pages:
Jump to: