Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 8. (Read 24186 times)

bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
April 05, 2019, 06:50:41 PM
Time goes on and nothing changes, scammers still deceive investors and those disappointed in the ICO, go to the IEO, which is quite right, soon it will be pointless to save the ICO

indeed today many ICOs are scam and that indeed makes us all feel difficult. because the ICO scam certainly gives a big loss to us all. so indeed ICO really requires rules and is regulated so that scammers are not free to do things we don't want.
copper member
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
April 05, 2019, 05:45:34 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Without a doubt, before investing you should check that it is regulated and the founders have been KYC'd etc.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
April 05, 2019, 05:41:16 PM
We need some sort of regulations in the crypto space as statistics seem to suggest that more ICOs turn out to be scams or poorly developed project.there are no minimum standards. Most teams are just out to raise cash and do not really care about delivering something useful to the community. Regulations will set some minimum standards and there will be less instances for scams
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
April 05, 2019, 05:34:57 PM
Even though the blockchain technology fights centralization in all aspect i think it is high time we instill some rules in the crypto community because some bad nuts are using this technology for a whole lot of bad actions and absconding with funds of their investors.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 05, 2019, 05:29:11 PM
The news is everywhere on the high percentage slash in ICO at the Q1 of this year compare to the previous. Not that all the projects are scam but investors had lost confidence in the process due to the large fund loss in previous year. Requlation can be a viable option to revive the process, it might demand much more for interested teams but it restore confidence among investors.
Activity: 1593
Merit: 502
April 05, 2019, 04:09:23 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
If ICOS strategies do not change much about the certainty and level of trust with the community. I think investors will be afraid to spend their money on the investment. ICOS and investor protection and people participating in advertising campaigns like us.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
April 05, 2019, 04:02:05 PM
that cant be true, cause ico is crypto, no one regulation of goverment binding in ico or crypto, sistem ico is pure from community, when tou get scam in ico that is risk and you must to accept it, so before invest besmart to know where is legit

there is no need for government regulation. it would be enough to verify the founders of the project and control their spending of raised money.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
April 05, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
of course that is because if anyone regulates the ICO it is likely that fraud and ICO trash will definitely decrease and there will be many people re-entering. yes, hopefully as soon as possible, the ICO will be regulated
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
April 05, 2019, 03:54:28 PM
Time goes on and nothing changes, scammers still deceive investors and those disappointed in the ICO, go to the IEO, which is quite right, soon it will be pointless to save the ICO
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
April 05, 2019, 03:10:29 PM
of course, of course it would be better if an ICO project was arranged by the government where it was created. or maybe ICO can be regulated by strict forum regulations, so that the ICO that runs is really high quality.
Then the scam on the market would be much smaller and the ICO sphere would breathe a second life into itself, I think the regulators will not come to ICO
Activity: 364
April 05, 2019, 02:57:20 PM
Will be very funny when during the creation of this regulatory body will be. ICO) And all bounty hunters are deceived. Since such a regulatory body is a pipe dream of bounty hunters.

States will be forced, sooner or later, to begin regulating the activities of ICO or any other similar fundraiser that comes to replace it. in all states, fraud is a criminal offense and the state is simply obliged to investigate all crimes and take measures to prevent it. in many states, appropriate measures have already been taken to adopt regulations on the regulation of activities ICO.
Activity: 532
April 05, 2019, 08:55:41 AM
that cant be true, cause ico is crypto, no one regulation of goverment binding in ico or crypto, sistem ico is pure from community, when tou get scam in ico that is risk and you must to accept it, so before invest besmart to know where is legit
Activity: 658
April 05, 2019, 08:53:24 AM
of course, of course it would be better if an ICO project was arranged by the government where it was created. or maybe ICO can be regulated by strict forum regulations, so that the ICO that runs is really high quality.
Activity: 868
Merit: 2
April 05, 2019, 08:51:48 AM
ICOs should be regulated as this model has been overcome. The ICOs idea is good but so many scam project
destroyed the confidence of the investors. Investors funds should be protected from cheaters.

So many ICOs scam last year and its true investor become afraid invest in ICOs. Regulation needed because anyone can launch their own ICOs and creating token. Regulation will reducing scam ICOs and protect investor from fraud

I agree with you. It is necessary to introduce something new and better in the ICO, therefore I am in favor of regulation.
Activity: 602
April 05, 2019, 08:50:20 AM
ICO should be regulated and all their members have to pass a strong KYC in order to prevent scams. However this is not the only reason for ICO fall but also the fact that many projects don't have any new idea compared to past ones.
Activity: 798
April 05, 2019, 08:33:16 AM
ICOs should be regulated as this model has been overcome. The ICOs idea is good but so many scam project
destroyed the confidence of the investors. Investors funds should be protected from cheaters.

So many ICOs scam last year and its true investor become afraid invest in ICOs. Regulation needed because anyone can launch their own ICOs and creating token. Regulation will reducing scam ICOs and protect investor from fraud
Activity: 602
April 05, 2019, 08:11:49 AM
The wild west should leave the cryptocurrency market and therefore I think that the whole thing is solely in the fact that today jackets still want to centralize our wealth and they succeed. Let's make sure that they can't do it.
Activity: 1036
April 05, 2019, 07:52:40 AM
I think I agree with you, indeed it seems necessary to form a supervisory body that fixes this ICO project, this supervisory body can prevent an ICO from scam and so as not to harm everyone, because indeed there are so many ICO projects that are scam and as much as possible we must avoid it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
April 04, 2019, 03:16:37 PM

Am completely in favor of this school of taught but the problem remains who will bail the cat?.. This could have been a brilliant idea but no one with the requisite credibility will like to stand up and play the role because even vetting projects can be difficult....
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
April 04, 2019, 02:46:45 PM
ICO campaign is needed some regulated from organisation in their country, like in england few ico campaign are regulated in estonia and this is can make investor trusted for investing their money in ico campaign, investor don't want loss their money from uregulated ico project
I fully agree with your opinion, because if an investor feels the protection and security of his funds, this really will bring great benefits for the cryptocurrency market and for a specific project too. It seems to me that it would be nice to look for such projects that also have government support in some countries.
Pages:
Jump to: