Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 6. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files
April 09, 2019, 06:25:32 AM
Icos is coming to an end. The time to collect money from free should end. Now, for better quality projects, big companies need to enter the market.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
April 09, 2019, 05:55:16 AM
ICO regulation has been a very hot topic for a long time, but it looks like the end of the ICO came before we see any regulation. The ICO was replaced by the IEO and the exchange began to act as a guarantor of security and be responsible for the quality of the project. Now the relevance of the ICO is under a big question.

No one and no one can guarantee us success. The fact is that let's say it’s like a project’s action. They give us security. And who can guarantee us investors or hunters that this project will develop everything that he says. Yes, not who. And if the project closes your money will also be lost. So the name and guarantors will not change anything.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
April 09, 2019, 05:48:59 AM
ICO regulation has been a very hot topic for a long time, but it looks like the end of the ICO came before we see any regulation. The ICO was replaced by the IEO and the exchange began to act as a guarantor of security and be responsible for the quality of the project. Now the relevance of the ICO is under a big question.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
April 09, 2019, 05:32:13 AM
ICO should be regulated but the Govt. of all economy must accept the cryptocurrency first. If, every county will be in favour of the digital currency then it is possible that a statutory body will be formed for the regulation of the ICOs.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
April 09, 2019, 05:28:04 AM
You are right and this issue has been discussed many times, including at the forum. ICO regulation is a very important step to ensure the safety of investors and punish fraudsters, which are now very much in the cryptocurrency environment. But for several years no significant steps have been taken to solve this problem.
Activity: 544
Merit: 1
April 09, 2019, 05:09:06 AM
I spoke about this before and I think it should be regulated due to the high rates of scam project and as well as useless projects that will add little or no value to the investors. With regulations, many of this projects can be purged
Activity: 413
April 09, 2019, 05:06:02 AM
As scammers have cheated many investors over the past one year, so some type of regulation is necessary. It would increase the investors confidence on ICOs.
Yes this is why i.agree with you that ICO should be regulated. For now, we can clearly see through bounties altcoins that ICO projects nowadays run by copper member newbies. This means that no longer would like to hold a project because the account is much more precious than running the project. Thus, if a high rank account would make a mistak promoting a scam project.then definitely the account will be tagged with negative trust to which it will not be useful anymore in joining signature bounty campaign.

Is it possible to blame the high rank that he took part in a bad project? After all, no one really knows how good these projects are. How much would we not check them, what work would have done. There is always a chance that the project will become a scam. And what do we constantly need to fear paint?
Activity: 106
Merit: 0
April 09, 2019, 04:59:20 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Check this out - the journey to a regulated ICO: https://medium.com/elrondnetwork/becoming-a-regulated-ico-ef8f03bd39f5

Activity: 686
Merit: 125
April 09, 2019, 04:54:10 AM
As scammers have cheated many investors over the past one year, so some type of regulation is necessary. It would increase the investors confidence on ICOs.
Yes this is why i.agree with you that ICO should be regulated. For now, we can clearly see through bounties altcoins that ICO projects nowadays run by copper member newbies. This means that no longer would like to hold a project because the account is much more precious than running the project. Thus, if a high rank account would make a mistak promoting a scam project.then definitely the account will be tagged with negative trust to which it will not be useful anymore in joining signature bounty campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042
April 09, 2019, 04:50:32 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

some regulation would please us all, of course. but in my opinion it doesn't have to be and since it's
almost impossible to regulate everything you don't have to think about it. some things you just can't change Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 13
April 09, 2019, 04:41:37 AM
For now it seems that it is not possible to do that. Because there are still many ICO projects that are scam. And make investors experience losses and waste time for bounty hunter participants. Of course this is what we must learn in the future. For investors & Bounty hunters, of course before investing or participating in an ICO project. Spend a little time analyzing the project and research first.
Activity: 686
Merit: 12
April 09, 2019, 04:00:42 AM
It is the ICO area that needs to be regulated primarily, since it is here that the financial institutions of the state itself as well as the citizens are affected.
In my opinion, after the start of quality regulation cryptocurrency will be improved.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
April 09, 2019, 02:46:08 AM
You are right, what happen in the previous year is already alarming, thus, the government needs to look at the ICO market and regulate it.
With proper regulation, these scammers will not be able to play here, and we can revive the image of ICO and crypto market.
Activity: 472
April 09, 2019, 01:58:05 AM
Activity: 434
www.thegeomadao.com
April 09, 2019, 01:53:38 AM
I am strongly in favour of regulating ICOs and cryptocurrency as well. I do not think regulating ICOs and cryptocurrency will affect the market. Rather it will make the market much stronger and stable. Now the market has many fake ICOs cheating potential investors and bounty hunters. As a result, the entire crypto market has had a bad reputation. Institutional investors are still afraid of investing in cryptocurrency. So regulations are essential.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
April 07, 2019, 05:10:52 PM
of course, of course it would be better if an ICO project was arranged by the government where it was created. or maybe ICO can be regulated by strict forum regulations, so that the ICO that runs is really high quality.
I do not think it would be better or even good for government to issue out tokens, because there might be a form of centralization, which is against the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency itself. Theirs i think is just to regulate those lunching ICOs through the law, so as to reduce the rate of scam.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
April 07, 2019, 04:34:15 PM
I strongly agree with your opinion, it is time! fraud that is under the guise of ICO we must eliminate, because it can damage people's trust in crypto currency investment.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
April 07, 2019, 01:29:58 PM
There should be a regulations against scam ico and they should undergo proper punishment,there should be a platform where genuine ico should be listed along with it's team member and ico fund should be escrowed or locked with smart contract.
Activity: 377
"AMANPURI●ultimate exchange"
April 07, 2019, 01:15:05 PM
To avoid things I don't want, I think regulations must be more stringent. Strict regulations aimed at limiting the movement of fraudsters and even these fraudsters must be eliminated. So that this regulation also protects investors and bounty hunters. This will certainly increase the interest of people to invest again.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
April 07, 2019, 11:51:20 AM
ideally i did not see the for the regulations of ICOs and the whole process seems a whole lot better without the need for regulations but in recent times I have come to notice that the rate of fraudulent practices in the space is having a greater percentage contribution from the ICO region and that is not good news for the space since it is still trying to find its feet in the globe.
Just need more regulated bodies in the field of cryptocurrency. This will reduce the dirty game and the community will gain more confidence.
Pages:
Jump to: