Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 33. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10
January 10, 2019, 05:50:29 AM
I am always of the view that ICOs should be regulated so as to control scams. The market is witnessing reports of fake projects cheating potential investors and bounty hunters in the name of new ICOs. I am one of them who have been deceived by fake projects in the name of new ICOs. I have been deceived by many fake projects by not giving me my share of stakes. Strict regulations should be introduced.
Activity: 392
January 10, 2019, 05:09:08 AM
I think it would be very good if some kind of fund was created at the state level that could guarantee private investors a refund if the project fails, or if something goes wrong as planned. This would be an ideal solution to this problem. However, most likely our states will not make such sacrifices for the sake of investors.
if it is true that the rules are implemented it is certain, there will be no more investors who are deceived. but in reality the scam project still continues to grow a lot and is fertile
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
January 10, 2019, 04:56:38 AM
they should be regulated. stop allowing new ones.  we have more than enough i guess.
Activity: 128
January 09, 2019, 08:30:12 AM
If ICO will be regulated in the future, also bounties will become more regulated.
KYC for everyone who will want to receive tokens.
I do not think that this is the best solution for our problems.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
January 09, 2019, 08:28:17 AM
I think it would be very good if some kind of fund was created at the state level that could guarantee private investors a refund if the project fails, or if something goes wrong as planned. This would be an ideal solution to this problem. However, most likely our states will not make such sacrifices for the sake of investors.
If, for example, the state received some percentage for such activities, probably would try, and on the other hand, not every country can be entrusted with the case, if only an international organization to avoid manipulation
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
January 09, 2019, 08:20:00 AM
In my opinion, you need to find a solution that will protect investors, because they are the engines of ICE market. Whether it will turn out to be done through regulation is a question, but attempts should not be stopped.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
January 09, 2019, 08:04:57 AM
if this happen maybe cryptocurrency would not crashing like this moment.investors will put all of their money in ico projects.but this is impossible to happen.no one could guarante with what will happen in future.
Activity: 406
keyTango
January 08, 2019, 11:17:37 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
January 08, 2019, 11:06:32 PM
I think it should, with the increase of the scam ico that unable to be blocked as what happen right now.
Having a regulation to filter all those scam ico is so much necessary. cause not all people able to analyze or filter a good project from the scam all by them self, so with the availability of regulation. it should be able to at least minimize the scam.
Activity: 407
Merit: 3
January 08, 2019, 10:48:04 PM
The government must join in making regulations regarding Cryptocurrency. Because this Cryptocurrency is a very large industry so regulations are needed. So that investors and all those who seek profits will certainly get protection from the government. And crimes such as fraud can certainly be lost.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
January 08, 2019, 10:36:18 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

ICO should not be regulated before, but because there are some ICOs turned to be a fraud, i think it is necessary to regulate it.
But the regulation should not bring disadvantages to the investors or companies.
There are many peoples scammed by fraudster and scammer of the projects, maybe regulation is one of the ways to prevent it.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
January 08, 2019, 06:17:53 PM
Unfortunately, we really need a monitoring body for ICO because they are a lot of failed and scam project and those who did not live or fulfilled their promise with so many scams here, it's hard to analyze what project will turn out to it's promise.
Activity: 786
January 08, 2019, 05:42:28 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Considering the number of ico scams and frauds, and the increasing number of scammers and fraudsters in the community, i believe that the government intervention to ICO regulation must be adapted whether the crypto community would be in favor or not, because the purpose of this regulation is to protect the investors from losing their hard earned money.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
January 08, 2019, 12:32:01 PM

The idea expressed by you has expediency. I doubt that this will be done soon.
The need for strict regulation of ICO has been long overdue. Scammers in the crypto market kill the desire to invest in new projects and this is very bad.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 08, 2019, 08:37:38 AM
i think there is a company already doing it and they have threads here as well i think its called crypto profile. they are trying to make ico's more secure
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
January 08, 2019, 08:22:33 AM
Don't be confused to think that ico regulations will directly lead to vetter market performance of tokens and coins. This is because although the project team can be verified, and the legitimacy of their projects can be attested before the ico is launched. No one can determine how the crypto will behave in the market. Nevertheless this will reduce a lot for scam projects.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 08, 2019, 08:11:28 AM
I believe that at the moment there is a complete disgrace in the start-up market and it is necessary to regulate this market and save it from scammers
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
January 08, 2019, 08:09:48 AM
Regulation for ICO is a very good idea. It is regulation that can save this type of investment from death.
Now investors are showing less and less interest in this kind of investment. This is due to a large number of scammers.
Even without regulation, there may be a temporary positive effect, due to the fall in demand, scammers will temporarily lose interest, but as soon as the cryptocurrency begins to grow, the demand will increase and all scammers will return
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 08, 2019, 07:54:45 AM
Many governments around the world are working towards ico regulation mainly regulation like security tokens and Utility tokens comparing in these two token differentiation we can see many tokens emerge
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
January 08, 2019, 07:50:42 AM
I think this is only a matter of time, in some major countries ICO regulations have been implemented, because it is true that what you say is very dangerous if the ICO has no regulation because what is collected in ICO is not a little money
Pages:
Jump to: