Pages:
Author

Topic: Siacoin Epic Monster Moon - page 19. (Read 76268 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
June 19, 2017, 12:19:48 PM
Sia network is built to function efficiently independent of whatever the price of a siacoin token is. 

Sia is also intending to market to large enterprise customers. 

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I never find sia's opinion or project interesting and beneficial for the existing users or assets. It's like a good idea but cannot doable and applicable efficiently for the moment.

There is big need of decentralized file storage. Every tech giant offers its own cloud. Samsung, Google, Apple, ... and for every service you have to pay, after you reached the limit of data volume. I am not using this services, because I don't want my datas stored at someone, who I dont know, who I don't trust, who is selling all my profile datas for commercial interests without telling me.
Services like Sia are the future for everyone, who is interested in control of his own data. So buying SCs is not only trading for profit. It is support for their work, their idea and motivation to go on. And then we will have easy to use applications to store whatever we want. With full control. We will have to pay for that. Yes. But this is absolutely logical, because noone there who is selling the informations from our lifes for profit, power and influence. And maybe sometimes for our own disadvantage.
Right now, I'm all about decentralized cloud storage. Sia, Storj are all I need for my storages.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
June 19, 2017, 11:15:44 AM
Ready for some waves and next great step?
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
June 19, 2017, 10:36:07 AM
Obelisk announced.
Activity: 618
Merit: 292
June 18, 2017, 04:51:39 AM
Sia network is built to function efficiently independent of whatever the price of a siacoin token is. 

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I never find sia's opinion or project interesting and beneficial for the existing users or assets. It's like a good idea but cannot doable and applicable efficiently for the moment.

There is big need of decentralized file storage. Every tech giant offers its own cloud. Samsung, Google, Apple, ... and for every service you have to pay, after you reached the limit of data volume. I am not using this services, because I don't want my datas stored at someone, who I dont know, who I don't trust, who is selling all my profile datas for commercial interests without telling me.
Services like Sia are the future for everyone, who is interested in control of his own data. So buying SCs is not only trading for profit. It is support for their work, their idea and motivation to go on. And then we will have easy to use applications to store whatever we want. With full control. We will have to pay for that. Yes. But this is absolutely logical, because noone there who is selling the informations from our lifes for profit, power and influence. And maybe sometimes for our own disadvantage.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 06:52:04 PM

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
June 17, 2017, 04:51:29 PM

large enterprise customers take care of storage by themselves.

the appeal of sia coin is only for mid-small business that wants to save data and losing it is not that critical.

There's plenty of business like these.

The aim if Sia is not to lose any data. Multiple copies of customers data would be stored in junks over many different hosts. Many hosts could go down and you still won't lose your data.
Activity: 215
June 17, 2017, 01:55:55 PM

large enterprise customers take care of storage by themselves.

the appeal of sia coin is only for mid-small business that wants to save data and losing it is not that critical.

There's plenty of business like these.
Activity: 58
June 17, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

June 17, 2017, 12:08:09 PM
Then the "real" price of Siacoin is a matter of demand and supply.

Right now siahub doesn't show that much space is used by renters right now.

I think Sia should start addressing small business with their products.

I don't think Sia is good for long term hosting for big business and even normal consumers (I can't really see a private guy saving his files on sia network, stuff like his pics, ecc, he'd need to pay each month for that space and he has no guarantee the hosts will stay in the business).

But I can most definitely see medium business using Sia for their backups.

They need to be informed about the product tho.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
June 17, 2017, 11:41:59 AM
If SC reaches 0.50 wouldn't it be too expensive to host files on Sia network?

I mean, you pay around 1500 sia to host a terabyte. That'd be 750 $.

An hard disk of that capacity costs 50$.

Unless they review their prices...

Correct hosts adjust their prices each month, so while the Sia amount changes, the cost in $ remains about the same.
Activity: 27
June 17, 2017, 10:37:28 AM

Unless they review their prices...
June 17, 2017, 10:03:06 AM

legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000
ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM
June 17, 2017, 10:01:41 AM
I do not know why they are telling that next week Siacoin will skyrocket. Anyhow, It is already started, and it will continue if ever the news is correct.
June 17, 2017, 09:45:43 AM
$0.50 token price some time in 2018.
Activity: 177
June 17, 2017, 04:29:44 AM
I don't believe it'll increase anymore since i saw that sellwalls around 650-700 sats worth more than 1000 btc.

I don't really like the reasoning behind your argument. Looks like you are bullish but either way the amount of sell orders don't say a whole lot about its price increase. In fact it only shows you how big Siacoin can and will be because the cloud storage industry is huge (billions) they'll have to grow massively if they want to make a dent. Ambitious projects can attract large funding and in the future 1000 btc might be peanuts.

Alright my friends.

In fact guys, this announcement will be big.  Not only do I recommend hodling, but you may even want to get out of other positions in your other cryptos so that you get maximum advantage out of the pump following the news. Then you'll have more money to re-enter your old cryptos with.

In regards to speculation of future value of Siacoin, I talked to some hedge fund guys who became millionaires from Ethereum (they were in it since ICO). They are very bullish on Siacoin and find a valuation that results in $0.50 to be achievable.

In regards to the first part, I already have my major position in SC and intend to ride this horse to the finish line.  Grin

By what time to they see Siacoin reaching $0.50? By 2020? That would be quite prudent but I wouldn't mind if it took less time.
June 16, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
Alright my friends.

https://i.imgur.com/Hx37e9y.jpg

I can now share this since the Sia team unveiled it in the Slack, but that obelisk is coming soon.  Keep in mind the timeframe I mentioned in my last message.

HODL.

In fact guys, this announcement will be big.  Not only do I recommend hodling, but you may even want to get out of other positions in your other cryptos so that you get maximum advantage out of the pump following the news. Then you'll have more money to re-enter your old cryptos with.

In regards to speculation of future value of Siacoin, I talked to some hedge fund guys who became millionaires from Ethereum (they were in it since ICO). They are very bullish on Siacoin and find a valuation that results in $0.50 to be achievable.

Keep in mind that unlike other projects, Sia's progress is actual progress, not promises or speculation.  Hard earned value.

Expect that Sia will be in a better financial position to compete in its very competitive space of data storage on blockchain.

Thank me later guys.

Activity: 259
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
June 16, 2017, 06:44:32 PM
I don't believe it'll increase anymore since i saw that sellwalls around 650-700 sats worth more than 1000 btc.
You are right , no way it will break those walls. There is a lot more to be dumped. The circulating supply is ridiculous.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
June 16, 2017, 06:25:17 PM
Activity: 135
June 16, 2017, 03:05:56 PM
Why there are too much sell walls?

i don't know what you are looking at but at Polo the buy orders are increasing and it is on green. Looks like the future of Sia is looking good and it is still being pump as well. I guess we have to wait when will the real mooning of this coin. And I agree we should hold on it because it looks like its recovering and the price could go high in the next couple of weeks.

Huge sell walls at 630, 640, 650 & 800 on bittrex.

New announcements will be released in the following weeks + Bloomerg & Inc made a nice article on Siacoin for a reason Wink

HODL
June 16, 2017, 02:31:40 PM
Seriously though all this talk of mooning, with a circulating supply so high can it really go to $0.50? I'm not so sure.

Probably not $0.50 this year, but if it starts taking away a large amount of business from the big boys why not. That would still give it a market cap way less than many public tech companies on the stock exchange. We could hit a $1 or more in a few years if Sia lives up to it's promises.

The price of the coin will always be tied to the effective costs of renting and storing on the cloud. That's something you all people miss about Sia.
Pages:
Jump to: