Pages:
Author

Topic: Singapore - page 7. (Read 733572 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 1
January 05, 2018, 04:03:12 AM
want to ask, what causes the BTC account easily banned especially newbie ?? Thx

Don't keep your btc in exchanges.
Always use reliable and trusted exchange to trade.
Keep your btc in trusted wallet (use blockchain.info)

Erm hello ... Blockchain.info is NOT A TRUSTED WALLET

If your wallet is stored by someone else, it is not trusted, simple as that.

Even if you store on your own computer, I would be hard pressed to claim that is trusted.

The only trusted wallet is an offline hardware wallet like a trezor

how to create a trusted wallet?
thanks for the info. greetings
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
January 03, 2018, 07:07:45 AM
Hey guys,

I'll be reaching Singapore on the 11th Jan.
Would love to meet-up Crypto-enthusiasts to understand the Blockchain ecosystem there.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 12:51:32 AM
@Cameloid: Wow, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your experience! I was just thinking of trying CRXZone. Fortunately I dropped by to this thread and saw your comment!
copper member
Activity: 126
December 28, 2017, 10:49:58 AM
@Cameloid: Thanks for your comment, I also get some bad experience when work with CRXZone.
Do anyone use localbitcoin here ?
Activity: 32
December 24, 2017, 10:54:40 AM
Hi all,

I would like to share my experience of using CRXZone with you.

I was looking for reliable bitcoin/altcoin trading service in Singapore, and as the choice was not rich, I quickly came across CRXZone. I tested it on a couple of relatively small transactions, everything was more or less fine, so I decided to give it a chance with bigger funds. The operation was quite simple: deposit SGD, exchange SGD to BTC, withdraw BTC to some external wallet. Unfortunately, this experience wasn't that good. Below are my thoughts about it.

1. Waiting times.

It took 2 hours from the moment I made FAST (Fast And Secure Transfers) transfer from my DBS account to exchange's UOB account before the money showed up. Phone support wasn't helpful at all, and the only thing that they offered was to wait because of "so many transfers today". Given that FAST transfer normally takes seconds, this is an inadequately long waiting time.

Really, from user standpoint, an option to make FAST transactions instead of slow wire transfers makes the most sense of using local Singaporean exchanges for Singapore-based customers. But it seems that CRXZone does not benefit from this at all. By the way, it takes their competitor, FYB-SG, just minutes to credit user account in similar situation.

Another, even more stranger issue, is crypto withdrawal waiting time. Apparently, some (all?) crypto transactions require MANUAL approval from staff as well, so I had to wait around 40 minutes (!) before my BTC withdrawal operation was actually executed (i.e. broadcasted over Bitcoin network).

In that way, the most simple and typical scenario (deposit money, exchange, transfer) took more than 3 hours to complete, which is way too much when you need to pay somebody in crypto real quick.

2. Transaction fee.

The most painful issue. When my transaction was finally broadcasted, I quickly noticed that transaction fee set by the robot (staff?) was way too small for the given period of time/network load (200.738 sat/B). No surprise that transaction didn't go through, and I was able to get it confirmed only after 6 days of waiting, and only because I was lucky enough get it "accelerated" by one of the miners.

I lost a lot because of high exchange rate volatility within that period of time, and I also lost a contract for which I initially was transferring the funds.

I was a little shocked with all this, because transaction fee estimation is not a rocket science, and if they're unable to manage it themselves, there are plenty of services with public API around. I never experienced anything like this with any of exchanges that I ever used in last 4 years.

3. User support.

Of course, I tried to address this issue to their user support (as there are different ways to deal with this situation, like re-sending the transaction with higher fee, accelerating transaction via miners, etc). However, I didn't get any productive output except for a great advice to stop using the service if I was not pleased by the way the company runs it (literally). They never said sorry, nor admitted their liability or offered any help. I also tried to contact their management directly - got no reply.

Bottom line is - CRXzone is a baby exchange with fails the most simple, basic operations, shifts all responsibility to a customer, and provides zero user support. AVOID it!
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 04:13:49 AM
Will get free worth 2$ IGNIS for every 2NXT on 28th Dec snapshot. Buy Buy.its going to moon guys.Will make ur money 4 times in a week
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
December 21, 2017, 02:37:45 AM
20 December 2017: Bitcoin not a currency, investors risk losing all: Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)

Firstly, I'd like to comment that someone actually have purchased a house using Bitcoin[1].

Secondly, I would like to add that I agree with the article that the price of Bitcoin will eventually move toward the south as the current price is largely due to speculation. When the bubble break, the chances of it moving downward is extremely high.

Sad truth is that we all know the current state of bitcoin as it is isnt going to scale well compared to a few other cryptos like Ether. Current fees is just too infeasible in the long term
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
December 20, 2017, 12:33:20 AM
20 December 2017: Bitcoin not a currency, investors risk losing all: Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)

Firstly, I'd like to comment that someone actually have purchased a house using Bitcoin[1].

Secondly, I would like to add that I agree with the article that the price of Bitcoin will eventually move toward the south as the current price is largely due to speculation. When the bubble break, the chances of it moving downward is extremely high.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
December 19, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

Erm hello ... Blockchain.info is NOT A TRUSTED WALLET

If your wallet is stored by someone else, it is not trusted, simple as that.

Even if you store on your own computer, I would be hard pressed to claim that is trusted.

The only trusted wallet is an offline hardware wallet like a trezor
Activity: 25
December 19, 2017, 04:11:37 AM

Activity: 684
Merit: 19
December 12, 2017, 07:36:12 PM
hi fellow home miners, i believe everyone here PROFITS are lesser due to the ELECTRICITY BILLS.
drop me a watsapp @8573 6149 for further discussion. MARIO here....

Hi,

If you have any good ideas to share, why not just post it here for all to know?

Some new members can't PM more than once, due to newbie restrictions.

Just my 0.0000000002 btc worth.
December 12, 2017, 04:35:35 PM
hi fellow home miners, i believe everyone here PROFITS are lesser due to the ELECTRICITY BILLS.
drop me a watsapp @8573 6149 for further discussion. MARIO here....
Activity: 833
December 06, 2017, 12:44:33 PM
$230 a month for 800watts?   Roll Eyes that's just way too high imho... $150 is more reasonable...

*GETTING INTEREST CHECKS*

Found a place to host antminers and will need roughly 7-9 units to kick it off. If anyone is interested, do let me know and we can get it planned out.

Estimated to be able to hold about 20-35 antminers.

Antminer L3+ : $230
Antminer D3 : $300
Antminer S9 : $310

Setup fee of $50(including pickup or collection at ur wish)

2 months payment in advance cycle.

Prices are inclusive of electricity and internet connection.
Will be air-conditioned and most likely IP camera.

If interested, do contact me 9628 6326 and we can talk about it. Thank you Cheesy
Hi Ducky,

Your proposed hosting of miners in Sg is based in which region, may I ask?

North, south, east or west?

The prices quoted above is per unit? Including electric bill? For eg. if I have 1 unit of S9 the price including power & Aircon is S$310?

But if you have only 1 PC, how to hook up multiple miners with different owners' wallet address?

Pls advise.

location still yet to be confirmed. prices quoted is per unit including electric bill. And, yes.
And also, i dont get your second question.

Hi,

So $230 for 2 months? paid every 2 months in advance correct? also i was told jtc warehouses don't allow cryptomining afaik..

Found a place to host antminers and will need roughly 7-9 units to kick it off. If anyone is interested, do let me know and we can get it planned out.

If interested, do contact me 9628 6326 and we can talk about it. Thank you Cheesy
$230 per month. 2 months in advance.
Activity: 4
December 06, 2017, 12:35:29 PM

Hi Ducky,

The prices quoted above is per unit? Including electric bill? For eg. if I have 1 unit of S9 the price including power & Aircon is S$310?

But if you have only 1 PC, how to hook up multiple miners with different owners' wallet address?

Pls advise.

location still yet to be confirmed. prices quoted is per unit including electric bill. And, yes.
And also, i dont get your second question.

Hi,

So $230 for 2 months? paid every 2 months in advance correct? also i was told jtc warehouses don't allow cryptomining afaik..

$230 per month. 2 months in advance.
Activity: 589
Merit: 500
Founder Of miningpuppets
December 05, 2017, 08:07:40 AM
miningpuppets SAVE THE WORLD!

Miningpuppets the first retail outlet in the world & the first repair centre in Malaysia. We will have a Repair and Troubleshooting customer service support in telegram group for Bitmain Antminer products. Please feel free to join us if you ever need any help from us for your mining machine technical issues!

Official Website
www.miningpuppets.com

Official Facebook Page
facebook.com/miningpuppets

Google Maps
https://goo.gl/maps/fMDphZsumE32

Telegram Technical Support Group
https://t.me/miningpuppets

We can repair your boards within 24 hours!

My group is strictly for technical support only.

There is no question about Bitmain Antminer I cannot answer you!

Happy mining & trading + BTC to the 🚀🌕

Puppets Repair Menu & Services
=========================
Miner diagnostic or firmware upgrade = RM50

Hash Boards
01. Antminer S9 / T9 / R4
RM400

02. Antminer L3+
RM450

03. Antminer S7 / S7 LN
RM150

04. Antminer D3
Coming Soon!

Controller Board
01.Antminer S9/ T9
RM300

02. Antminer S7 BB
RM200

03. Antminer S7 iO
RM200

Hash Board Connector/ Board
Rm50

Heat Sink/ Board
Rm50

PSU
01. Bitmain PSU
RM250

24 Hours express REPAIR Per HASH BOARD + RM200

10 to 15 working days to repair and tested before returing to customer.

1 month limited warranty.

Free charges if boards cannot be repair.
December 05, 2017, 06:46:03 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Information System student at SIM university. Currently, I'm working on IS research project: user acceptance of Bitcoin in Singapore.
It is interesting since only little research has been done so far and also, the recent price of bitcoin, its over US$11,000 now.

You may fill this questionnaire out to the best of your knowledge.
It would be great if you guys can help!

Here's the link to the questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVLRazFLoptPckl-bbl9BNUj9zxOBADN9Lg_efYvhl8R09Nw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thanks for your attention and have a good day!
Activity: 833
December 05, 2017, 02:01:12 AM
Hi,

legendary
Activity: 1484
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
December 05, 2017, 01:19:53 AM
Does any1 have other website to recommend for begainners? 

What kind of websites are you looking for? For total beginners, Bitcoin.org is the best way to get started in the cryptocurrency world.

For community forums, you're already in the right place - you can also visit /r/Bitcoin on Reddit.

As for free Bitcoin, I'd suggest you to forget about it.
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
December 04, 2017, 01:48:53 AM

Hi Ducky,

Pls advise.
Activity: 4
December 03, 2017, 11:03:33 AM

Pages:
Jump to: