Pages:
Author

Topic: [SNRG] 🔥 Synergy 🔥 Cloud.Synergycoin.com Cloud Bot Now Live!! 🔥 - page 87. (Read 162153 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
New version up and running.  Will the hard fork be happening at a specific block or a specific time?

Yes. The changes will go into effect at 3:00 Eastern time Sunday May 31.

That is about 25.5 hours from the time of this post.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
Thx for telling us that suprnova was on the wrong chain.  Here I was thinking I was mining all these easy coins.  I will say good communication from dev so far.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
wow Amazing . Trex soon as posibble
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
New version up and running.  Will the hard fork be happening at a specific block or a specific time?
There is clearly going to be a hard fork.  I assume when he says it will "take effect in 30 hours", he means we can update to the new client shortly, but the fork won't take place for 30 hours.  Makes sure everyone has plenty of time to upgrade before it happens.

Trying to get the majority of nodes to update and kill the old chain during an emergency hard fork is a bitch and a half.  Trust me, it will be simpler for everyone this way.

You got it. We almost went the emergency route, but good sense got the better of us.

With that said:

HARD FORK

The new client version is 1.0.3.0. Download links have been added to the OP.

We'll get the exchanges and block explorer host to update soon.

We noticed one problem and that is suprnova is mining on a fork. This happened because they made an update in a tiny window where we had a bad update on the source tree (version 1.0.1.0). Someone else did too and against our advice decided to try to mint with this update (version 1.0.1.0). This caused a fork. We notified suprnova about 25 minutes after the fork, when we first noted it. The correct chain is moving fine right now (block 2801 as I write this). If you are mining on suprnova, you may want to stop until they get on the right chain.

Please update as soon as you can. The changes will go into effect at 3:00 Eastern time Sunday May 31.
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
There is clearly going to be a hard fork.  I assume when he says it will "take effect in 30 hours", he means we can update to the new client shortly, but the fork won't take place for 30 hours.  Makes sure everyone has plenty of time to upgrade before it happens.

Trying to get the majority of nodes to update and kill the old chain during an emergency hard fork is a bitch and a half.  Trust me, it will be simpler for everyone this way.
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
whats next ?

i see many dump argg
Well I think anyone who is dumping it already is too impatient to wait for a proper fix for the turbo staking which is pretty sad if you ask me Smiley

We are about to put out the fix. It will go into effect in about 30 hours.

I don't want to sound criticizing but the first post said within 4 hours, then you posted it would be updated and out in 9 hours and now you are saying that it won't be for another 30 hours?
whats next ?

i see many dump argg
Well I think anyone who is dumping it already is too impatient to wait for a proper fix for the turbo staking which is pretty sad if you ask me Smiley

We are about to put out the fix. It will go into effect in about 30 hours.
whats next ?

i see many dump argg
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
whats next ?

i see many dump argg
Ok as long as you have an updated windows qt wallet when you update this all that would be nice Smiley Thanks

We will. We were going to rush out an update, but decided it would be a mistake. It's better if it were done right, which will take some time.

Well now I see why my 2 seconds estimate to find a block isn't coming true.  Hope they get this fixed soon right now its more like turtle staking then turbo  Tongue

Turbo refers to the rewards, but yes, we see your point. We'll try to be as expedient as possible getting out the update. But we'd rather not rush it.
Activity: 334
Well now I see why my 2 seconds estimate to find a block isn't coming true.  Hope they get this fixed soon right now its more like turtle staking then turbo  Tongue
Dev, have you updated the wallet to the newest version in the OP?

No. We will make an announcement. It may take 1-4 hours. We want to get it out ASAP, but, for example, I don't have console access to my usual build machines right now. I either have to make a special trip to them or see if I can build on a different machine that I can access where I am.

Qt downloads have been paused until a new build is put together.

If you upgraded by git after the last announcement, please upgrade again (which reverted the changes).

We will have a full update in about 9 hours. Keep staking, you may hit a block.

Ok as long as you have an updated windows qt wallet when you update this all that would be nice Smiley Thanks

No. We will make an announcement. It may take 1-4 hours. We want to get it out ASAP, but, for example, I don't have console access to my usual build machines right now. I either have to make a special trip to them or see if I can build on a different machine that I can access where I am.

Qt downloads have been paused until a new build is put together.

If you upgraded by git after the last announcement, please upgrade again (which reverted the changes).

We will have a full update in about 9 hours. Keep staking, you may hit a block.

Activity: 644
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Github has been updated. Please do not update your builds yet if you plan to stake because the network will reject stake with the new lower limits.

We have asked the exchanges and block explorer host to reply when they have upgraded. Once upgraded, we will push out new builds for users.

Ok so my guess is once we update the wallet we need to wait another 48 hours to start staking again?

No. Absolutely not. You do not lose any coin age with this update. Upgrade and start staking. If you have mature coins, they will stake pretty soon, after the diff drops.

We changed only the limit, the actual diff has to fall after retargeting, which happens every block.

But your weight will not start over. You can calculate how much time you lost by looking at the age of your stake and subtracting 48 hours from the time it mints. I don't think it's going to be too bad for most people, maybe 1 day. There has been a slight advantage for those with more coins, but it will probably be balanced out by the movement of coins to the exchanges to dump in light of these issues.
Activity: 415
Having same issue. saw the twitter post im in. SNj6YATSJ2v3qkg8jHFPf3Dz4J9oxZBbnB tweeting now. good to see you are on the fix. good work
Activity: 478

Ok so my guess is once we update the wallet we need to wait another 48 hours to start staking again?

not unless you moved your coins...
Activity: 644
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Github has been updated. Please do not update your builds yet if you plan to stake because the network will reject stake with the new lower limits.

We have asked the exchanges and block explorer host to reply when they have upgraded. Once upgraded, we will push out new builds for users.

Pages:
Jump to: