Pages:
Author

Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam - page 16. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
Well understood about the IEO. I am appreciating your time to give explanation as an investor of IEO/ICO.

Now many exchanges started launching tokens by getting the money from the ICO team. Those kind of the exchanges needs to shortlist and boycott from using it.
I never participated IEO expect BTT on binance. Now they also changed the rule to lottery format to increase the hodling on BNB. This is good for their own platform, no other ideas as I know.
copper member
Activity: 206
Merit: 1
You have a point, some IEOs will turn out scam but will be difficult for those on the big exchanges like Binance, Okex, kucoin, Bittrex etc.  We all know the team will be thoroughly verified before any IEO. But for fake exchanges, just pay them and they do your IEO even if it's scam. Let's be guided please.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
Only the IEO has a good project and is done on a good exchange, which is also able to make investments in the IEO to benefit. So don't ever expect that all IEOs will make you profit. It must be remembered that not all IEOs can make you profit.

Most people attach great importance in IEOs now but truly it shouldn't be so. Unless for the IEOs conducted by top exchange, most of them are prone to scam. An exchange hosting doesn't mean the project is 100% legit, investors should have that in mind.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
IEOs are only safer than ICOs. They are by no means the safest or impossible to go bankrupt. Investing in IEOs is more like investing in traditional stocks. A traditional stock company can also be a scam and cost you money. If you don't believe me google theranos.

Every investment carries a degree of risk and you have to take it into account.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
For now the IEO is indeed a favorite choice for crypto investors, because so far the IEO carried out by several exchangers has made a profit for them
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
I have seen people taking loans from banks and then start a new business that fails which results in failure to pay back to the bank resulting in closing of business and filing of the bankruptcy by the business owner similarly all these tokensales and crowdfunding projects can fail resulting in loss of money and time that is why it is important to identify and invest only in high quality projects where chances of failures are less.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
Yes, some IEOs on exchanges without good reputation and trust rating are obviously scam. But most IEO on reputable exchanges are legit. You think BINANCE or KUCOIN or OKEX for instance will take their name to the mud because of some IEO? They do proper findings before accepting to list any IEO on their launchpad or spotlight.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
IEO so far only helps campaigns to quickly raise funds and gives certain confidence to investors that new tokens will soon be traded on a certain stock exchange. Also, given that the exchanges are checking projects, the likelihood of fraud falls, but does not disappear altogether. Fraud in IEO projects is still possible. Scammers will lose a lot here. I heard that the opportunity to bring the IEO campaign pay exchanges up to 20 Bitcoins. This is a very large amount that must be paid in advance and not all scammers have such a sum.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 6
I didn’t even have thought to trust exchanges without a reputation or new exchanges. I agree with the author that they spend ieo only for their own benefit and they don’t care if this is a fraudulent project or not. Therefore, if we consider investing in the ieo, then only from the top 5 exchanges.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
I think only newbies in this space will buy IEO from some new exchange or exchange with low reputation. Most will even pretend to be selling out fast, but behind the scene, it's the other way round. This will lure investors to buy in when trading starts. Let's be guided on the IEO we participate on.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
yes, surely anything can be scams. good examples can also turn out to be evil and being safe is not necessarily guaranteed. we are in the global market so before investing in the IEO or ICO we must always be vigilant and be sure to do research first.
I really agree with what you say. Everything can happen in investment, it can be ICO or IEO investment. So all investments have the risk. So the most important thing is to be careful before investing. Because no one is responsible for fraud.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
It's highly unlikely foe an IEO to turn out as a scam because the exchange won't risk their reputation to hold a scam IEO. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it's highly unlikely.

really? have you seen the reputation of some of the exchanges that are out there? They are scammy themselves! Take yobit for example, any IEO that they conduct is surely going to be a shit one. Even if it has immediate buyers.
I agree. In addition, large exchanges, such as Binance, are only responsible at the initial stage of the project’s existence on the market. Scammers understand this and can use it. As a result, IEO will become another type of crowdfunding, which has been killed by fraud.
Activity: 744
Merit: 10
https://goldeth.io/
yes, surely anything can be scams. good examples can also turn out to be evil and being safe is not necessarily guaranteed. we are in the global market so before investing in the IEO or ICO we must always be vigilant and be sure to do research first.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 4
It's highly unlikely foe an IEO to turn out as a scam because the exchange won't risk their reputation to hold a scam IEO. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it's highly unlikely.
I disagree with you on this, low volume exchanges and some upcoming exchanges can hold and IEO and the project will struggle to raise funds. This will affect tjr progress of the of the project. I won't call it scam though if they won't return funds to investors.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
Some IEOs will turn into a scam because not all exchanges where IEOs are hold then investors will lose money and no one will give them back and will happen like on ICOs.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

really? have you seen the reputation of some of the exchanges that are out there? They are scammy themselves! Take yobit for example, any IEO that they conduct is surely going to be a shit one. Even if it has immediate buyers.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
Indeed, for exchange reputation to be taken into account before determining the right IEO, it is indeed better to avoid new exchanges quickly to take part in the progress of the IEO itself because they really take advantage of the project and from all investors involved, a large possible exchange trusted because they are risking their good name for the success of the project being carried out, returning to each other's desires if it makes you worry about not getting too involved in this because all of them return to each analysis in determining the project well.

Yes the OP statement is correct too, considering exchanges before following the IEO is very important for the security of our investment. Now useless scammers have begun to make sense to deceive investors again after the IEO made them fail.

New exchanges are indeed more vulnerable to scammers, although not all new exchanges are suspect, but considering is not a problem. Like the new exchange that was recently launched, namely nauticus, I saw this exchange was quite reliable even though it was new because it was seen from a very strong partner.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
Right. The safest way is to choose a large and reputable exchanges, as they also contribute significantly to ensuring the quality of the project. They will also ensure the best profit for you.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
Yes you are right basically all online investments are risky and we should know the risk profile before investing in a project because whether it is an ieo, ico or sto it is a new startup or a new business so it can fail and we have no control over it so we should have this in mind.
Pages:
Jump to: