Pages:
Author

Topic: Speculation Rule: buy when others are irrationally pessimistic or too cautious - page 26. (Read 36081 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
All the way to test the ATH before 2017 ?

I really doubt that price can test new ATH before 2017 may be by end or in mid of 2017 price will be $1000+ or even may get new ATH price.

I tend to agree. Yet we might get some acceleration to well above $800 and then a pull back before ATHs to keep us on that slower trajectory.

Note we still haven't broken out above $750 yet on all exchanges.

One thing to keep in mind is that as mining is becoming more and more centralized/monopolized, then profits for miners are increasing (if for one reason because less marginal miners) thus have less need to sell (and they can't sell all, just the small portion to pay costs!). So it is in their interest to grow the perceived "wealth effect" exchange value of the economy, so they can extract more profits from mining.

Also they have more and more power to manipulate the price at will to profit on repeated bouts of shorting slamdowns.

Ultimately this centralization is going to kill Bitcoin, but for now it represents a stability of trend until that point that it is unsustainable.

I wildly speculate a chance that Bitcoin dies or is restructured by TPTB in the 2018 or so monetary reset (exact ETA is not precisely knowable), because if the elite shut down the financial system for many months, then miners can't exchange to fiat to pay their electricity bills. TPTB then have them by the proverbial balls.

Is Bitcoin doomed then by 2018 or so ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 265

I really doubt that price can test new ATH before 2017 may be by end or in mid of 2017 price will be $1000+ or even may get new ATH price.

I tend to agree. Yet we might get some acceleration to well above $800 and then a pull back before ATHs to keep us on that slower trajectory.

Note we still haven't broken out above $750 yet on all exchanges.

One thing to keep in mind is that as mining is becoming more and more centralized/monopolized, then profits for miners are increasing (if for one reason because less marginal miners) thus have less need to sell (and they can't sell all, just the small portion to pay costs!). So it is in their interest to grow the perceived "wealth effect" exchange value of the economy, so they can extract more profits from mining.

Also they have more and more power to manipulate the price at will to profit on repeated bouts of shorting slamdowns.

Ultimately this centralization is going to kill Bitcoin, but for now it represents a stability of trend until that point that it is unsustainable.

I wildly speculate a chance that Bitcoin dies or is restructured by TPTB in the 2018 or so monetary reset (exact ETA is not precisely knowable), because if the elite shut down the financial system for many months, then miners can't exchange to fiat to pay their electricity bills. TPTB then have them by the proverbial balls.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Iamnotback, what is your take on what exchange to follow. Chinese exchanges have broken out of the C&H formation but western exchanges (in USD) haven't yet it seems. Do you think we should just follow the price in CNY since they might be the ones actually driving the adoption atm?

Ask rpietila, since he is smarter than me about analyzing arbitrage and implications.
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
Iamnotback, what is your take on what exchange to follow. Chinese exchanges have broken out of the C&H formation but western exchanges (in USD) haven't yet it seems. Do you think we should just follow the price in CNY since they might be the ones actually driving the adoption atm?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503

I doubt we'll get that much acceleration, but let's see what happens.

My intuition would lean rather to a pullback before ATH and a breather before reaching an ATH in 2017. But let's see how my reading of the tea leaves changes between now and then.

Let me add that we need to get past $750 first. That isn't certain yet, although looks likely.

We've reached $751 today. I think it is possible to reach $800 by Christmas.

763,85 Smiley next stop should be 789 (last bfx high) then moon

also imnotback: if we reach ATH there would be another cup and handle forming so we could go super high again afterwards no?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Minter

My intuition would lean rather to a pullback before ATH and a breather before reaching an ATH in 2017. But let's see how my reading of the tea leaves changes between now and then.

Let me add that we need to get past $750 first. That isn't certain yet, although looks likely.

We've reached $751 today. I think it is possible to reach $800 by Christmas.
What if I told you we are nearly $5 away from $750 according to finex  Wink

Could we see $1K at least if not the ATH ?

That chart looks to me like the next stop could plausibly be the handle on that huge U bottom cup from the 2013 ATH. And acceleration at the right side of the cup is plausible.

But plausible is not the same as probable.
legendary
The correction from $750 due to the fake China scare appears to be a flag pattern. So I am now thinking we may blast right through that cup handle ~$788 and head towards $900.

The (probably complicit) Bitfinex hack and China fake news are probably the Chinaman loading up his wagon with more cheap BTC from shorting. Now time to let it run (up) before the next shorting smash up manipulation.

What if I told you we are nearly $5 away from $750 according to finex  Wink

Could we see $1K at least if not the ATH ?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The correction from $750 due to the fake China scare appears to be a flag pattern. So I am now thinking we may blast right through that cup handle ~$788 and head towards $900.

The (probably complicit) Bitfinex hack and China fake news are probably the Chinaman loading up his wagon with more cheap BTC from shorting. Now time to let it run (up) before the next shorting smash up manipulation.

Hopefully we'll get past that mark this time

legendary

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
bags were loaded this week  Wink
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
The irrationally pessimistic part of me is thinking that may be a triple top. US exchanges doesnt seem to want to follow china
P.S. I think it will probably come back down and touch at least $650. The reaction buying is probably a bit steep right now to sustain.

There might be a head&shoulder pattern forming which will take the price down to fill that gap up (Oct 22-23) from just below $650 before we complete this correction.This is not a certainty.

That potential H&S was just violated with the move to $716. Time to board the train next stop $789ish.

lol

Note the bolded parts. Speculation is not about closing your eyes and covering your ears.

I was lolling the bolded part, can't see any uncertainty there Wink

keep shilling amstrong  Grin

Quoted for upcoming facepalm.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
P.S. I think it will probably come back down and touch at least $650. The reaction buying is probably a bit steep right now to sustain.

There might be a head&shoulder pattern forming which will take the price down to fill that gap up (Oct 22-23) from just below $650 before we complete this correction.This is not a certainty.

That potential H&S was just violated with the move to $716. Time to board the train next stop $789ish.

lol

Note the bolded parts. Speculation is not about closing your eyes and covering your ears.

I was lolling the bolded part, can't see any uncertainty there Wink

keep shilling amstrong  Grin

There might be a head&shoulder pattern forming which will take the price down to fill that gap up (Oct 22-23) from just below $650 before we complete this correction. This is not a certainty.

lol

Those of you who would have sold gold a couple of weeks ago when I was urging you to do so, would be smiling instead of frowning.

Dollar & USA Stocks up, bonds, gold and Europe down (thus interest rates up).

Bet against Armstrong's international capital flows themes at your peril as it is all playing out as his computer model said it would:

Very interesting that much media coverage surrounding Europe today have claimed the Trump rally has faded already. Core European indices drifted into negative territory and closing -0.25% but the UK’s FTSE and Spain’s IBEX were both down around 1.4%. The market is reacting to the USD strength certainly against the Euro as we see the capital flows begin to increase.

The US markets continued yesterdays move opening over 200 points higher on the DOW whilst maintaining volume. What was encouraging was that having seen new highs the rest of the day remained in that area eventually closing a tad higher on the day. NASDAQ had a volatile day with some profit-taking in some expensive and more popular stocks which briefly took it down 2% in a move but managed to hold and even saw a small bounce. We continued to see previous safe-haven asset class positions be unwound with gold falling another $15 today closing around $1257.

Treasuries were sold yet again with US 10’s adding another 10bp to close 2.15%.
Pages:
Jump to: