Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 9. (Read 237207 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Appreciate all the effort going into this, dok. I'm sure the 5700 drivers aren't helping matters at all yet.

wow.. i will stop doing blind fixes until i get a card.. just time wasting.
when i do an offline compile on amd driver v19.7.1 for gfx1010 it all goes smooth. So i really don't understand why it won't work on a 'live' card.

Really nice driver, this one is also reporting the number of CU's wrong  Cool

Thanks for reporting Smiley

For 5700, AMD may be intentionally making miner use worse. PhoenixMiner is having problems creating an optimized eth miner for it for this reason.

Does SRB Miner work good for rx580's with the latest drivers? For example does fan control work etc?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 626
Appreciate all the effort going into this, dok. I'm sure the 5700 drivers aren't helping matters at all yet.

wow.. i will stop doing blind fixes until i get a card.. just time wasting.
when i do an offline compile on amd driver v19.7.1 for gfx1010 it all goes smooth. So i really don't understand why it won't work on a 'live' card.

Really nice driver, this one is also reporting the number of CU's wrong  Cool

Thanks for reporting Smiley
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/nu7kjcS.png
V1.9.3
- Fixed CN-Gpu algo compilation on RX 5700 and older GCN cards
- Improved CN-Gpu algo on Rx550/560 , Rx470/480/570/580/590
- 4gb Ellesmere cards got a small hashrate increase on CN-Conceal algo

+ Did a blind fix for RX 5700 on CN-GPU algo, it should now compile but i don't know what's the hashrate and will it spit valid shares at all  Grin

+ CN-GPU algo got some love, especially on RX550/560 4g cards (tested on auto settings) + 20% hashrate increase in my tests

+ CN-Conceal also got small boost on 4g ellesmere cards

Ill try my 5700 gpu when i get home from work.

Thanks, i am also interested in other algo results ( if it compiles Cheesy ).
Auto settings are probably bad for every algo, so if you are in an adventurous mood you can try different intensity/worksize/fragment settings Grin
Activity: 198
Merit: 1
V1.9.3

+ Did a blind fix for RX 5700 on CN-GPU algo, it should now compile but i don't know what's the hashrate and will it spit valid shares at all  Grin

+ CN-GPU algo got some love, especially on RX550/560 4g cards (tested on auto settings) + 20% hashrate increase in my tests

Ill try my 5700 gpu when i get home from work.
V1.9.3

+ Did a blind fix for RX 5700 on CN-GPU algo, it should now compile but i don't know what's the hashrate and will it spit valid shares at all  Grin

+ CN-GPU algo got some love, especially on RX550/560 4g cards (tested on auto settings) + 20% hashrate increase in my tests for these cards

Activity: 3
I never really thought about flashing these cards (had them over a year now..) reports were it was "iffy" on Asus Strix cards that don't use Samsung mem.   I tend to switch between Xmrig, Stak, SRB, if mining xmr.. plus dok has low fees and works on his a lot.

Hi, with SRB your best drivers would be 18.6.1 with CN/R, because on every new block from the pool, the kernel is recompiled and my tests show that 18.6.1 compiles the best code still.
I know there are users here who have Hynix mem Vegas and were able to get nice results, maybe they can help you out. I have only 1 Vega56 with Hynix mem but it is a really good piece, it goes on profile 10 without problems and 2100+ hash.

112/16/2 are the best settings you can get for CN/R. Maybe try out the low profiles (add L after the profile number)
If using config file, you must surround the value with quotation marks if you want to use the L profile. Example : "5L"

Thanks for the kind words, and for using SRB. Smiley

Dok, what are your profile settings in ODT allowing for 2100+ using profile 10? Can barely push 2000+ on profile 7 – "8L" is a no-go. Much appreciated.

I guess its more about the asic quality and cooling, than settings.
ODT is nothing special : 1450/940 900mV

For sure. And yeah, ODT nearly identical. Figured to cross-reference with your settings. Cheers.
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
mind sharing your results on RX580 CN GPU hash rates please and your configs.
I never really thought about flashing these cards (had them over a year now..) reports were it was "iffy" on Asus Strix cards that don't use Samsung mem.   I tend to switch between Xmrig, Stak, SRB, if mining xmr.. plus dok has low fees and works on his a lot.

Hi, with SRB your best drivers would be 18.6.1 with CN/R, because on every new block from the pool, the kernel is recompiled and my tests show that 18.6.1 compiles the best code still.
I know there are users here who have Hynix mem Vegas and were able to get nice results, maybe they can help you out. I have only 1 Vega56 with Hynix mem but it is a really good piece, it goes on profile 10 without problems and 2100+ hash.

112/16/2 are the best settings you can get for CN/R. Maybe try out the low profiles (add L after the profile number)
If using config file, you must surround the value with quotation marks if you want to use the L profile. Example : "5L"

Dok, what are your profile settings in ODT allowing for 2100+ using profile 10? Can barely push 2000+ on profile 7 – "8L" is a no-go. Much appreciated.

I guess its more about the asic quality and cooling, than settings.
ODT is nothing special : 1450/940 900mV
Activity: 3

Activity: 6

Yeah, I used to use the 18.6.1s but so hard now with the way you can configure wattman for so many different usage scenarios.  I'll look into the Lowprofile stuff. Thanks Dok.
Activity: 417
Anyone knows are there some new projects with some custom CN variant algo ?  Smiley

randomX wownero

random X  algo is GPU kiler algo. v8/v4 kil ASIC now  random X kill ASIC and GPU. CPU rules Sad

vega 64 have 1200HR
i3 have 550hr
i7 have 1700
Ryzen7 4100
i9 5800

XMR ism CPU mining algo now Sad
Activity: 288
Merit: 1
Anyone knows are there some new projects with some custom CN variant algo ?  Smiley

randomX wownero
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Considering that the Radeon VII has all of that juicy 16 GB of HBM memory, is it feasible for it to run 4 threads instead of 2?
Anyone knows are there some new projects with some custom CN variant algo ?  Smiley

It's been awhile since I've used SRB Miner.  Mining XMR  using 2x Strix Vega 56s with Hynix Memory (and latest drivers as I don't only mine with the system) Can't really go above tweak profile 2 without artifices, same goes if I raise mem clocks to high (930+)  Is there anything else I can try based on the information I am giving here?  I think it's fairly ok.. not sure what else I can do. Thanks for any advice.

GPU0 :    1780 H/s [T: 55c, RPM: 1998, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:29]
GPU1 :    1796 H/s [T: 65c, RPM: 2446, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:32]
Watts around 160 per card (GPUZ)

I recommend you to flash Vega 64 bios on your Vega 56s, so you will be able to get at least 1900 h/s per card in normal condition.
hynix not good with 64 bios. Just use
 TRM
and you have 2100 with hynix or 2350Hr with samsung vega 56

Activity: 417
It's been awhile since I've used SRB Miner.  Mining XMR  using 2x Strix Vega 56s with Hynix Memory (and latest drivers as I don't only mine with the system) Can't really go above tweak profile 2 without artifices, same goes if I raise mem clocks to high (930+)  Is there anything else I can try based on the information I am giving here?  I think it's fairly ok.. not sure what else I can do. Thanks for any advice.

GPU0 :    1780 H/s [T: 55c, RPM: 1998, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:29]
GPU1 :    1796 H/s [T: 65c, RPM: 2446, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:32]

Batfile:

setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100   
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1   
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
@echo off   
cd %~dp0   

cls   
SRBMiner-CN.exe --config Config\config-xmr.txt --pools Pools\pools-xmr.txt

Config file is fairly standard,

{   
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",   
"intensity" : 0,   
"double_threads" : true,
"persistent_memory" : false,
"gpu_conf" :
[
   {
     "id" : 0,
     "intensity" : 112,
     "worksize" : 16,
     "threads" : 2,
     "tweak_profile" : 2
   },
   {
     "id" : 1,
   }
]

}

I recommend you to flash Vega 64 bios on your Vega 56s, so you will be able to get at least 1900 h/s per card in normal condition.
hynix not good with 64 bios. Just use
 TRM
and you have 2100 with hynix or 2350Hr with samsung vega 56
Activity: 7
It's been awhile since I've used SRB Miner.  Mining XMR  using 2x Strix Vega 56s with Hynix Memory (and latest drivers as I don't only mine with the system) Can't really go above tweak profile 2 without artifices, same goes if I raise mem clocks to high (930+)  Is there anything else I can try based on the information I am giving here?  I think it's fairly ok.. not sure what else I can do. Thanks for any advice.

GPU0 :    1780 H/s [T: 55c, RPM: 1998, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:29]
GPU1 :    1796 H/s [T: 65c, RPM: 2446, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:32]

Batfile:

@echo off   
cd %~dp0   

cls   
SRBMiner-CN.exe --config Config\config-xmr.txt --pools Pools\pools-xmr.txt

Config file is fairly standard,

{   
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",   
"intensity" : 0,   
"double_threads" : true,
"persistent_memory" : false,
"gpu_conf" :
[
   {
     "id" : 0,
   },
   {
     "id" : 1,
   }
]

}

It's been awhile since I've used SRB Miner.  Mining XMR  using 2x Strix Vega 56s with Hynix Memory (and latest drivers as I don't only mine with the system) Can't really go above tweak profile 2 without artifices, same goes if I raise mem clocks to high (930+)  Is there anything else I can try based on the information I am giving here?  I think it's fairly ok.. not sure what else I can do. Thanks for any advice.

GPU0 :    1780 H/s [T: 55c, RPM: 1998, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:29]
GPU1 :    1796 H/s [T: 65c, RPM: 2446, CC: 1307 MHz, MC: 900 MHz][BUS:32]

Batfile:

@echo off   
cd %~dp0   

cls