Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 79. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Does it just outbid you by 1 satoshi or something?

This is why the acceptable number of bots to have running are 0 or 2+.  Someone should run another one =)

show me the github repo
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Does it just outbid you by 1 satoshi or something?

This is why the acceptable number of bots to have running are 0 or 2+.  Someone should run another one =)
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Whoever has the bot running on this security on Havelock...very annoying.  The volume is non existent and still someone has to run a bot. 
No rules against bots, but frustrating when trying to pick up cheap shares.
Peace.
Activity: 118
I stand by my prior maths/assumptions.  The value of COG is primarily in the BTC that it can produce, and crazy fluctuations in the value of BTC doesn't really change that.  (you but X shares with Y BTC and earn Z btc dividends, regardless of what BTC is worth).  The main thing that has changed is X BTC buys more hardware than it used to since generally bitcoin miners are built using supply chains and workers paid in USD.  This means the BTC our upcoming 28TH miners earn can buy that much more hardware in the future if the prices stay high.

The current dips are due to people profit-taking, their getting out (possibly at a profit despite the lower price, due to BTC value increase) is your cheap entry to future profits.  I see no reason not to predict COG shares being worth between 0.25 to 0.5 BTC per share when our hardware arrives (and possibly even more, depending on demand, difficulty trends, and other market conditions)
Activity: 191
Looks like the discount shares are gone again...
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Disappointing to see the price drop although the volume is non existent.  I thought the BTC price increase would help the price, because it makes mining that much more profitable. 
I do think there is a chance the price will rebound a bit if we do actually get new mining equipment in the end.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

from what I have witnessed, every time the BTC value skyrockets, share prices drop. Every time the BTC value drops, share prices go up. 
Activity: 191
To evaluate Cog, have a look at the following:

At 0.077, CEX.io is 0.077btc per GH, fully hashing now as we speak. (100 pct to dividends)
At 0.06, Cognitive is 0.83btc per GH now, and expecting to become 0.06btc per GH at end of January... (50 pct to dividends)

Garret, could you please update the website to indicate what people may expect now and in January?
There are some essential numbers missing on that website.

Now:
- current number of shares: 10420
- current hash rate: 750 GH/s
- current hash rate per share: 0.072 GH/s
- current holdings: ?
- CogF and CogF2 shares sold: 800 ?? (each CogF funding share will become 20 Cognitive shares)

In January
- expected number of shares: 26420 ??
- expected hash rate at end of January: 28-29 TH/s
- expected hash rate at end of January: 1.1 GH/s

I find it really unacceptable that you insist in ignoring your financials for months now.
You are running a mining coop with a market cap of about 1M USD as we speak.
That is very cool, but it comes with responsibilities...

It shouldn't be up to us to come up with clear numbers on the current status of Cognitive.
Given the rise in BTC price, anyone want to take a shot at what COG is "worth" these days?

I was reading a comment on the Soylent discussion forums and it reminded me of Cognitive, so I thought I would share.

http://discourse.soylent.me/t/soylent-batch-2-time/12201/5

Soylent is primarily rice based.
Activity: 109
Looks like someone is trying to get out at .06.
Activity: 448
Make sure you have created Havelock accounts for each email address. They can't create accounts for you, so they will only transfer shares when an account exists.

Alright that's it. I'll wait for them now.  Thanks for your reply.
Activity: 101
As I said in a previous post, Havelock does not work weekends, so please allow them a full business day to push shares to your account.

What are we considering a full business day? I signed up at the beginning of the day on Friday, so it's been two full business days from here. Still no shares.
Make sure you have created Havelock accounts for each email address. They can't create accounts for you, so they will only transfer shares when an account exists.
Activity: 448
Hello, I got my Cognitive shares on one account, but not on another. I emailed Garrett a few days, but haven't gotten a response yet. I haven't looked through all these pages is there something I was supposed to do?
So since CT has taped out and everything there looks good, what do you guys think this will be worth in Jan? Back to 1 BTC or higher?

Definitely.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Whats the current hashrate
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Disappointing to see the price drop although the volume is non existent.  I thought the BTC price increase would help the price, because it makes mining that much more profitable. 
I do think there is a chance the price will rebound a bit if we do actually get new mining equipment in the end.  We'll just have to wait and see. 
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
COG.F and COG.F2 are not listed yet, and will be online later this week.

Cheers,
Garrett

Will FIMB also be online at Havelock?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Still waiting for my shares - I signed up for Havelock on Friday.

I am also missing my shares on Havelock and I signed up Friday as well.

As I said in a previous post, Havelock does not work weekends, so please allow them a full business day to push shares to your account.

when will the cog f1 and f2 be online??i did not get my shares right now

COG.F and COG.F2 are not listed yet, and will be online later this week.

Cheers,
Garrett
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Still waiting for my shares - I signed up for Havelock on Friday.

I am also missing my shares on Havelock and I signed up Friday as well.
Activity: 299
when will the cog f1 and f2 be online??i did not get my shares right now

+1

Is it enough just to open a Havelock account with the same email like on ex-btct?
Pages:
Jump to: