Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 87. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
supposed to be some dividends today to one of my addresses right?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Thanks for the input all, and the insight Carnth.

I believe giving PT holders actual shares will be the best option here, but I will still want to hold a vote so the decision will ultimately be made by Cognitive shareholders.

Best,
Garrett
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
What alternatives would be more fair to any of the involved parties?

I have a unique insight to this question because had to do the same thing with NASTY-PT that I managed.
I gave my shareholders the same choice--get direct shares, or liquidate.

Of 48,000 shares, 45,900 chose to get "direct shares." That's over 95%

I have no PT shares myself, I'm just sharing my experience as an asset issuer.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I don't really have any context, but it doesn't seem like this is a hard problem.  Given the following assumptions:
1. The PT was denominated in LTC
2. The PT owner had (and still has) the actual shares
3. The ownership of PT shares is known to the PT owner

The most equitable thing to do is for the PT owner to transfer those shares to people on the new exchange.  If the new exchange does not support LTC, they can liquidate at a fair market value and convert those BTC to LTC.

It sucks for the owner because it's a lot of work - it sucks for the users because until that time they have no liquidity, but I can't think of a solution that doesn't have those drawbacks.  It doesn't really impact other holders of COG at all, unless there is a major sell-off on the new exchange, but a sudden increase in volume is likely after the new exchange goes live anyways.

Are any of my assumptions wrong?  Why would a forced-buyback be better for anyone? What alternatives would be more fair to any of the involved parties?
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
So use a 90 day average Wink
On the PT share contract description over on LTC-GLOBAL it does say, and I qoute "Each share is backed by one share of COGNITIVE and pays 95% of the dividend on BTC-TC."  That would lead my to think the shares would eventually be convertible to full shares. I would be inclined to vote in favour of conversion if a motion were to be raised.

*I AM NOT A PT SHAREHOLDER.*

Again, what do you guys think?

This doesn't make any sense. You bought a passthrough share and not an actual share. Yes, the PT has to be backed by someone else's actual share, because it wouldn't make sense if a PT was backed by nothing. If it was backed by nothing then there wouldn't be any dividends and the passthrough would have no relative value. It acts as a proxy to provide access to an asset on other exchanges.

The right thing to do would be a passthrough buyback, and if certain people want to invest in Cognitive directly then they have the opportunity to do so on whatever new exchange Cognitive becomes available at with the funds available to them.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
On the PT share contract description over on LTC-GLOBAL it does say, and I qoute "Each share is backed by one share of COGNITIVE and pays 95% of the dividend on BTC-TC."  That would lead my to think the shares would eventually be convertible to full shares. I would be inclined to vote in favour of conversion if a motion were to be raised.

*I AM NOT A PT SHAREHOLDER.*

Again, what do you guys think?
legendary
What's a GPU?
What is to become of the Cognitive-PT security on litecoinglobal?

+1, I am also interested in this answer.

Sorry for not being able to tell you instantly. The choices are to either convert the PT shares (which didn't actually entitle one to a Cognitive share) to actual Cognitive shares, or to refund all shares at the final trade price of 3.041 litecoins.

Most likely we will raise a motion so Cognitive shareholders can decide between those two options.

--Garrett

+1, I am also interested in this answer.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Don't mean to feed the little flea, but just a side note on a nickname. It's a word play from a serbo-croatian  language (spoken in few Balkan countries under a different lang names) and comes from "Kako bih rekla", which is an idiom for 'How should I put it/How should I say it". Usually used as a saying between two loquacious girls or grandmas when they chat and gossip about some  utter nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIJvcWkVcs
legendary
What's a GPU?
I think you forgot scam between the laugh and the fight in your signature.

BadBear, shut the fuck up, papa. Now im not reposting deleted posts cause I added some stuffs. Oh wait, are you also a garrscam shill!?

I report stuff like this and get told back I am wrong for reporting it. I send it anyway. The mods do see it. Don;t forget guys, ModsRGodz lulz,.

Kakobrekla is the slanderous soul that I haven't ignored because I have to report so many of his posts. Now that this thread is turning against him he (or a mod, as usual) deleted these later posts, he should stop with the rambling because nobody listens to him.

Let us just look forward I suppose, we have bigger fish to fry Smiley

--Garrett
I've done the same to similar posts, citing trolling/insulting/not adding anything to discussion.
Activity: 245
And new data requires reassessment.
You're telling me your own decisions are not influenced at all from anything other than the goings on in your own brain? What do you even do on the forums? You realize if you intend to change someone else's opinion you must be willing to change your own.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
It was too much for me, I clicked the button.
Yeah, I still haven't ignored anyone yet. When someone decides to be a prick it doesn't exactly
affect me, as I know it's just them being an ass, it happens. Problem is ignoring them doesn't
change other people seeing them, especially if it's someone unfamiliar to them who's still subject
to the influence of their opinion. I'd rather know what they're saying rather than be ignorant of
it, even if I don't like it.
Looks like I may have to ignore a fool.  First time ever.
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
Hey all,

Dividends will be going out this Saturday directly to your bitcoin addresses. I apologize for the delayed payments here. Rest assured they will start coming as usual this Saturday, the 26th.

Beyond that, I am at work to finish up moving our assets by the end of the month. An update will come when it's all in place!

Best,
Garrett

Just out of curiosity. Is that wallet paying for your trip?

Nope, HashFast paid for the flight, and I paid for the hotel.

could you tell me which platform are wo going?? HL ?
legendary
What's a GPU?
Hey all,

Dividends will be going out this Saturday directly to your bitcoin addresses. I apologize for the delayed payments here. Rest assured they will start coming as usual this Saturday, the 26th.

Beyond that, I am at work to finish up moving our assets by the end of the month. An update will come when it's all in place!

Best,
Garrett

Just out of curiosity. Is that wallet paying for your trip?

Nope, HashFast paid for the flight, and I paid for the hotel.
Pages:
Jump to: