Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 23. (Read 136139 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
1. Attack Zhou Tong based on little evidence

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/public-statement-regarding-bitcoinica-account-hack-at-mtgox-95738

(I know this wont change your mind - but I post it for future readers who find this through a search engine)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
This is a classic example of victim blaming.

1. Attack Zhou Tong based on little evidence
2. When Zhou Tong says he's feeling like a victim, blame him more
3. Zhou Tong produces proof, deny the proof
4. Produce falsifiable evidence, deny falsifiability
5. Continue attacking the victim despite calls to stop
Vod
legendary
I have a feeling Mr. Tong is going to default on this. Is there any evidence that there is enough funds to cover all the claims?

Zhou is actually his surname.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/im-leaving-bitcoin-81581
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I have a feeling Mr. Tong is going to default on this. Is there any evidence that there is enough funds to cover all the claims?
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Actually there is. While ZT at least tries to pay back the funds, the overall impression from mlawrence (and a few others) is that he tries to prevent exactly this from happening. Now the only one in the world that does not like a payback to happen is the actually thief himself, so...

... that's why ZT has only returned 15k of the 40k bitcoins he has stolen?
Maybe he did not steal this himself, but somebody else, lets call him Chen, did it, and ZT takes time to get it back?

Chen exists no where except in Zhou's mind.
Right now only Zhou knows for sure, if Chen really exists, so your knowledge would prove that you are Zhou Wink
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
Quote from: Several angry users
Lots of ramble and speculation

Please, can we allow this thread to stay on the topic of Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack?

Thank you very much.
Vod
legendary
You can make this assertion, but you cannot back it up. I am tried of catching you, it's fun and all - not the point of this thread.

Agreed.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/public-statement-regarding-bitcoinica-account-hack-at-mtgox-95738

Zhou Tong (or Chen) is the one who stole the coins.  All the word play and logic bombs in the world cannot change that, so it's not worth arguing over any more.  The discussion should be how to get the rest of the coins back from Zhou Tong, since he sent back 15k already.

He still owes 25,000 BTC - about $200,000 USD.   Sad
Vod
legendary
Actually there is. While ZT at least tries to pay back the funds, the overall impression from mlawrence (and a few others) is that he tries to prevent exactly this from happening. Now the only one in the world that does not like a payback to happen is the actually thief himself, so...

... that's why ZT has only returned 15k of the 40k bitcoins he has stolen?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
No. An OR statement does not imply that it is all at once. That is an AND statement.

In fact, in speech and writing, an OR statement is also often exclusive; i.e., it implies that it is not two or more of the terms at once. This isn't the case here, but your conclusion is still fallacious.

In fact you're clueless. I can use ANY of the following: friend, associate, business partner.
What is your native language?

If I define a wubble to be a bubble or a flubble, I cannot assume that a wubble is a bubble and a flubble. I also cannot assume that a wubble is a bubble, nor can I assume that a wubble is a flubble. This is the magic of OR.

You cannot just simply use ANY of the options you listed; there is uncertainly as to which one it is. It is therefore impossible to prove that "friend" is correct from the given definition.

Your logic is keep failing you. If there is uncertainty then I can use any, especially if I believe that it was an imaginary friend.

Vampire is the thief, a 37-year old, a male, a female, or something else. There is uncertainty here. Therefore I can assert that vampire is the thief.

That is fallacious logic at best.

You can make this assertion, but you cannot back it up. I am tried of catching you, it's fun and all - not the point of this thread.
aq
Chen = Zhou.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
While I agree, one could also state
mlawrence = Zhou.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
or even
mlawrence = phantomcircit.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
or the most probable one
mlawrence = Chen.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Except none of their accounts were used. Zhou's account was used.

And there is no evidence linking mlawrence to the theft of half a million dollars either.   Wink
Vod
legendary
No. An OR statement does not imply that it is all at once. That is an AND statement.

In fact, in speech and writing, an OR statement is also often exclusive; i.e., it implies that it is not two or more of the terms at once. This isn't the case here, but your conclusion is still fallacious.

In fact you're clueless. I can use ANY of the following: friend, associate, business partner.

If I define a wubble to be a bubble or a flubble, I cannot assume that a wubble is a bubble and a flubble. I also cannot assume that a wubble is a bubble, nor can I assume that a wubble is a flubble. This is the magic of OR.

You cannot just simply use ANY of the options you listed; there is uncertainly as to which one it is. It is therefore impossible to prove that "friend" is correct from the given definition.

Your logic is keep failing you. If there is uncertainty then I can use any, especially if I believe that it was an imaginary friend.

Vampire is the thief, a 37-year old, a male, a female, or something else. There is uncertainty here. Therefore I can assert that vampire is the thief.

Vampire also exists on this forum.  You are not comparing apples to apples.  Chen exists no where except in Zhou's mind.
legendary

Vod
legendary
or even
or the most probable one

I exist on this forum - I have months of posts and a different writing style than Ryan Tong Zhou.

And there is no evidence linking mlawrence to the theft of half a million dollars either.   Wink

or even
or the most probable one

aq
or even
or the most probable one
legendary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

I agree. Zhou refuses to file a police report.
I don't blame him. The Chinese police suck.
Pages:
Jump to: