Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 24. (Read 136139 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Are you even fluent in English? How does that have anything to do with this?

The penultimate term means nothing. All terms are equal in an OR statement.

Bingo. EQUAL.

Therefore Chen is Zhou's friend/buddy/business partner/associate.

No. An OR statement does not imply that it is all at once. That is an AND statement.

In fact, in speech and writing, an OR statement is also often exclusive; i.e., it implies that it is not two or more of the terms at once. This isn't the case here, but your conclusion is still fallacious.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Chen = Zhou.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

I agree. Zhou refuses to file a police report.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Chen = Zhou.  There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Bingo. EQUAL.

Therefore Chen is Zhou's friend/buddy/business partner/associate.

Better than you.

Why are you even replying if you have no clue?
legendary
Oh so he didn't say friend, you're just adding that part yourself? And he didn't protect his identity either and basically told everyone here exactly who it was?

I guess your English is bad.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/associate_2

someone who is closely connected to another person as a companion, friend or business partner
Key word: OR.

or 1  (ôr; r when unstressed)
a. Used to indicate an alternative, usually only before the last term of a series: hot or cold; this, that, or the other.

Back to school?

Oh so he didn't say friend, you're just adding that part yourself? And he didn't protect his identity either and basically told everyone here exactly who it was?

someone who is closely connected to another person as a companion, friend or business partner

or 1  (ôr; r when unstressed)
a. Used to indicate an alternative, usually only before the last term of a series: hot or cold; this, that, or the other.

Back to school?
donator
Activity: 544
Can't you guys get a subpoena going?
I do not exclude the possibility that we might have access to the data at a later stage (obtained, for example, as you suggest), but for the moment, as far as I know, we do not have it.
legendary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Really? Because I'm a creditor and I don't ever recall authorizing that.

Since we have no access to Bitcoinica data, we do not know how to contact individual creditors.
Can't you guys get a subpoena going?
So he's not interested in Bitcoin's success, eh? Well, that explains blowing his cover by selling his coins the very next day.

Bullshit.

And that's your evidence? BULLSHIT.

What's yours? Oh, wait, also bullshit.

Both explanations are terrible. I believe mine to be better.

Really? Are you being on purpose silly?

Here is my evidence.

Zhou's account was used to steal money.
Zhou's knowledge of bitcoinica was used.
Zhou knew the lastpass password.
Zhou's was money laundering through aurumxchange (transferring money for a friend IS money laundering)
donator
Activity: 544
I don't see you on the Bitcoinica Fund Recovery Initiative claim list, nor do I recall you contacting me. I posted several times in different places that people should contact me if they want to be included in the legal action:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1050392
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/class-action-litigation-vs-bitcoinica-consultancy-ltd-intersango-ltd-93109

Since we have no access to Bitcoinica data, we do not know how to contact individual creditors.

Based on my understanding of the outstanding debt, the sum of the claims on our list represent the majority of the claims.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I'm not talking about permission from Bitcoinica/Intersango, I'm talking about a legal warrant that allows him to do what would otherwise be considered a criminal act.
Since Bitcoinica did not file a police report (as far as I know), from legal point of view there is no reason to assume there is a criminal act involved. Technically, Bitcoinica's computers were (allegedly) compromised. That would be the criminal act if it was reported.

ZT did not file charges against his "friend" either.  If I had a friend who took a large sum of money and made it look like I did it, I would report that right away.  I certainly wouldn't protect my friend's identity.   Cheesy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Chinese law enforcement can't investigate this as much as you guys would want them too. I suggest hiring a Private I. in this case and getting the evidence through them.

The Chinese are known for bureaucracy like no other.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I note that in his most recent response (which actually tells us nothing new), Patrick has again neglected to tell us if he has obtained a warrant for his actions and what he is permitted to do. As you should all be able to tell, this is a pretty important area of ambiguity that needs clarification. Please answer the question Patrick.
Patrick acted upon the request of Bitcoinica's creditors. Since Bitcoinica, to our best knowledge, did not file a police report, nor seems to care whether the funds are returned to the creditors or not, it might be possible to argue that the creditors are the legitimate owners.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Please click always on this below if it appears:

"Advertisement: Bitcoin is worth $10 each on NameTerrific."

I don't want to see this every time and we should protect Newbies.  Grin
There is nothing wrong with NameTerrific.

Indeed it is brand new! BUT I would not trust the person behind this business because the whole story smells like bullshit.
legendary
So he's not interested in Bitcoin's success, eh? Well, that explains blowing his cover by selling his coins the very next day.

Bullshit.

What's yours? Oh, wait, also bullshit.

Both explanations are terrible. I believe mine to be better.

Bullshit.

legendary
Please click always on this below if it appears:

"Advertisement: Bitcoin is worth $10 each on NameTerrific."

I don't want to see this every time and we should protect Newbies.  Grin
There is nothing wrong with NameTerrific.

Typing something as Truth does not make it so. Especially when up against the array of evidence, means and motive to the contrary. Not forgetting Zhou's prime bullshit storytelling.

BB.
This applies to you as well. Need I point out again the array of evidence that Zhou did not steal the funds?

Sure. Since I don't remember you posting any evidence. The only thing you posted as evidence that zhou is interested in bitcoin's success, which I already proved to be wrong.

Bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: